Dish Network 5G Internet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have been holding off getting a new phone and service for a year now. I figured I would wait a little longer for Dish. But after my wife dropped our only phone that shattered the screen I may not be able to wait. Each day the screen cracks more.

They should just lease phones..call them free but sneak a lease fee in the contract....like sprint did...if they wanna upgrade after 2 years..send the old phone back and they will give you a new one

I have been holding off getting a new phone and service for a year now. I figured I would wait a little longer for Dish. But after my wife dropped our only phone that shattered the screen I may not be able to wait. Each day the screen cracks more.
Can't you just RMA it?

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you watch the T-Mobile 5G commercials, Dish has a HUGE opportunity in Nebraska! ;)
1652877846955.png

We have plenty of phone carriers, what we dont have is enough internet competition! Why they dont focus their 5g to homes first is what baffles me?.....I am not optimistic this will go well, we will see!

Reactions: reubenray
We have plenty of phone carriers, what we dont have is enough internet competition! Why they dont focus their 5g to homes first is what baffles me?.....I am not optimistic this will go well, we will see!
This is why I went ahead and got new TMobile phones and home internet service. I am getting 100+ mbps more than my slow AT&T hotspot. I can finally stream shows now.

I will use it a few weeks to see how TMO does and if it does OK I will be cancelling my two Starlink orders.

Reactions: AZ. and TheKrell
This is why I went ahead and got new TMobile phones and home internet service. I am getting 100+ mbps more than my slow AT&T hotspot. I can finally stream shows now.

I will use it a few weeks to see how TMO does and if it does OK I will be cancelling my two Starlink orders.
I got the TMO home internet 3 or 4 months ago. Initially was getting 80-100 download speeds. Then after some recent work on the closest tower, about 1/2 mile away, I'm getting 300-400 download speeds consistently.

I have been tweaking the TMO Gateway to see if an antenna would help. While outside with it a Cox truck came driving down the street. I stopped and asked him if Cox was planning on bringing service down my way. He said with the number of new homes they are checking to see about doing just that. It would be about six months before that happens if they decided to do it. With Dish 5G home internet way down the road I have another option now. TMO works great most of the time except in the evening.

I am still hoping for Dish though!

I have been tweaking the TMO Gateway to see if an antenna would help. While outside with it a Cox truck came driving down the street. I stopped and asked him if Cox was planning on bringing service down my way. He said with the number of new homes they are checking to see about doing just that. It would be about six months before that happens if they decided to do it. With Dish 5G home internet way down the road I have another option now. TMO works great most of the time except in the evening.

I am still hoping for Dish though!
I've given up on Dish for the short-term. It seems like they have a plan and consumers are a bit further down that road.

Its called SOON
But Dish isn't actually responsible this time for our imagination carrying us a bit further along the road than Dish ever promised or suggested. They are simply meeting thresholds for governmental regulatory purposes. Then they'll be doing a bit of alpha and beta for a while, as they expand more. Dish has long had their eye of corporate uses of the 5G bandwidth. The consumer side of things might end up being a smaller chunk of the companies future. I think Ergen wants Dish to be a national backbone in 5G.

Reactions: navychop
But Dish isn't actually responsible this time for our imagination carrying us a bit further along the road than Dish ever promised or suggested. They are simply meeting thresholds for governmental regulatory purposes. Then they'll be doing a bit of alpha and beta for a while, as they expand more. Dish has long had their eye of corporate uses of the 5G bandwidth. The consumer side of things might end up being a smaller chunk of the companies future. I think Ergen wants Dish to be a national backbone in 5G.
Its been years