DISH Network Charges Forward With Another Round of National HD Channel Launches

They've also mapped down all the HD-Only channels (UNI, HDNet, etc.) into the 300 range...all except the Vooms. I'm liking it, now if only they'd do the Vooms then i could be done with the 9000 range...

Hello... I can watch most of these channels in standard def. All you are paying for is maybe one third of real, native HD programming on SOME of the channels. Everything else badly upconverted, it looks better in SD. I'm not bitter, I just don't understand paying more for maybe 30% of real HD programming. WHy is everyone here so excited about coughing up 10 to 20 bucks for a sham? You should all call Dish and say, when you offer more than 50% real HD, I'll gladly pay for it.

Some comments are actually happy about watching Full House unpconverted. Upconverts are grainy and have poor resolution. They look worse, but hey, bring em' on and take my money while you do it. More Kool Aid gang?

Hello... I can watch most of these channels in standard def. All you are paying for is maybe one third of real, native HD programming on SOME of the channels. Everything else badly upconverted, it looks better in SD. I'm not bitter, I just don't understand paying more for maybe 30% of real HD programming. WHy is everyone here so excited about coughing up 10 to 20 bucks for a sham? You should all call Dish and say, when you offer more than 50% real HD, I'll gladly pay for it.

Some comments are actually happy about watching Full House unpconverted. Upconverts are grainy and have poor resolution. They look worse, but hey, bring em' on and take my money while you do it. More Kool Aid gang?

You must be blind or feel left out because you can't afford HD.

Hello.... Some of us sub to the dishHD (only) package and don't pay for SD period :) So even new HD channels w/ a lot of up-converted SD are a lot better than a blank screen.

Talon Dancer

I think the new channels look pretty good. Even the non-HD shows are showing clearer to me.

I like the locals on the 8's page much better than the SD channel version (not that we see our locals but it does look good). Next month TWC-HD officially launches so it will be even better then.

I would hate to loose Vooms. Especially Monsters and Rave. Charlie has every right to be mad at them but please don't get rid of them. Hopefully they learned their lesson and will spend more on programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)