This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish network® meets 100 hd channel mark ahead of schedule

I can honestly say that I am the HD watcher and my wife is the CFO. Ironically, she controls the finances even though I am a math teacher...
Here I fixed that for you

I mean seriously dude. "book keeper"? Do want to sleep in the garage?

Talon Dancer

does anyone know if some one gets the rsn in the welcom pack if they also get local chanels? can you make other aditions to it like a movie pack or a supper station or something?

Unfortunately, Lifetime and LMN are two of the most popular cable favorite channels. From a business standpoint, adding these two HD channels will keep their largely underserved female customers happy.

Speaking of business, I guess also they probably aren't getting the best price from Newscorp on Speed Channel HD and F/X HD since Dish just sued them for $1 billion. Bring on Lifetime HD, and lets hope that it actually has some HD unlike ABC Family NonHD

does anyone know if some one gets the rsn in the welcom pack if they also get local chanels? can you make other aditions to it like a movie pack or a supper station or something?

You probably won't get an RSN with it or I'm sure it would have been listed on the flier that Scott posted earlier. Then again, it's like they are coming up with so many packages and options (similar to my cell phone company) and they seem to change some of the rules pretty often. That package is / was the Essentials package which was somewhat of a retention tool to keep customers from leaving (if I understand correctly). With the kind of mistakes I've heard of recently, though, you could probably take a swing at downgrading and they may even forget to remove the Multi-Sport package (unless something automatically kicks it out when you aren't at AT100+ or above).

I'm a bit surprised they are making that package offer public (as compared to using it as a retention tool only) but I guess, with the current state of the economy, they feel as though it will have some takers and may even appeal to new customers. It's a pretty interesting package, though. While it's got things I don't care to watch (WE, Home Shopping Network, QVC), it's got several of the channels that I regularly watch (Comedy Central, MSNBC, and AMC). If you could get your RSN with it and add a movie package, I'd definitely give it a second look.

I'm happy that they are beginning to add the RSN to HD packages, though. The only reason I needed to upgrade has finally arrived. (I wonder how long it would take me to realize all of these additions if I weren't a member of this site....)

Did you have to call a CSR to do this, or did you do it online? I may have to do this as well.
I looked online, and the Terms of the HD DVR still showed a monthly equipment rental fee of $7.00 for HD receivers.

Like I said earlier, they like to "smoke" things up and yes, I expect Dish looks at their customers as having about the same intelligence level as their average CSR.

I think you all need to wait until August 1st and see what the new packages and costs are. All of your speculation is just that-speculation. Many of you are getting upset about speculation. Remember, it is just TV.

Did you have to call a CSR to do this, or did you do it online? I may have to do this as well.
I looked online, and the Terms of the HD DVR still showed a monthly equipment rental fee of $7.00 for HD receivers.

I called and asked if there was anyway I could get out of my Vip 622 lease fee and the CSR suggested I upgrade to a Vip 722. There is no lease fee if you have only one HD receiver. There is no longer a lease fee on my bill.

Quote from Dish'n It Up terms:

Monthly equipment rental fee of $7.00 for HD receivers; $5.00 monthly equipment rental fee for all other models will apply for each receiver activated beyond the first.

You mean Screw

Screw VOOM, it's gone DEAL WITH IT....LOL

DISH
My view is
DISH was wrong!! Not VOOM
So screw
DISH

I see also that
AT&T has smartened up!!
As far as
Dish meeting 100 Hd channels. It's just hype!! Most not true Hi-Def anyway!!

Only thing that I am impressed about anymore with
Dish is there DVR. Other then that you can have them. I'm going back to Direct or Cable. No difference anymore with programming. So what if they have more HD!! They used Voom for years until they started getting more HD. And all that is smoking mirrors since most are not true Hi-Def.
Dish is not loyal to there customers,so why should I be???!protest

///trying to get back on topic ...
I think you all need to wait until August 1st and see what the new packages and costs are. All of your speculation is just that-speculation. Many of you are getting upset about speculation. Remember, it is just TV.

The speculation is a part of the fun, though. When you know something major is about to happen and none of the details are filled in, all you can do is speculate. (Like a bunch of us geeks sitting in a dorm room in the early 90's casting an X-Men movie - who would have though our number one choice for Prof X would actually be cast 10 years later!)
And until I hear from e* via press release or mailing (or on my account summary on Aug 2) that they are going to grandfather HD Abs subs, it doesn't hurt to mull over a contingency plan.

And you are absolutely correct, it is only TV! We should have fun with this and deal with all the issues August 2nd.

Dish is not loyal to there customers,so why should I be???!protest

I agree, you should not be loyal. Go to DirectTV and take your comments with you. We are all (including Scott) tired of your whining and belly aching about Voom! It's gone deal with it.

I'm done Bit chin

I agree, you should not be loyal. Go to DirectTV and take your comments with you. We are all (including Scott) tired of your whining and belly aching about Voom! It's gone deal with it.
I am dealing with it!! I got my point across.. or I would not of gotten this reaction. Thank You!!
DONE!!

The question of loyalty to something, or someone, is often a matter of perception and experience. For example, those individuals who buy hundreds of Blu-Ray disks, and build up an enormous library of movies, concerts, etc. What are they loyal to? Sony? Or to the concept of having at hand an enormous variety of material to view whenever they choose, in the best format currently widely available? Either way, their choice, and they are happy with it.

My experience with Dish has been very good for almost 5 years. I upgraded from the 811 to the 622 to the 722 with no problems, and for years had the best HD experience available. For a short time, DirecTV has provided a programming experience that may have been slightly better, but I have a substantial DVR libray built up of my favorite shows, movies, and sporting events utilizing Dish equipment (plus, now, an external HDD). When I stay with Dish, am I loyal to Dish or to my ability to maintain my library?

The only area where I feel Dish falls down slightly is that of crediting rebates. I recently used the CEO email address to request the rebate I was entitled to when I upgraded to the 722, and got back an immediate reply (like next day) stating the rebate would start showing up on my next bill. That is an aggravation, but one I can live with. Regarding the intelligence of Dish CSRs, my experience has been that they are as intelligent as most people one deals with in the retail market--they know their subject and are as helpful as they know how to be when dealing with customers who sometimes don't know how to describe their problem.

Please forgive the philosophizing, there's not a whole lot of point in responding to rants. But how can one resist, occasionally?

Fitzie--not affiliated with Dish except as a happy customer.