DISH Network Software Release Notes 9/30/10

Hehehe....no, I don't think I'll be performing a factory reset for something I don't believe is there anyway.

Not to challenge that it's actually there on your box, but a screenshot would be cool. :cool:

I did the power plug reboot, no difference. I honestly do not believe it's there. I cannot imagine that all this is what you have to go through to make it show up. This is a hoax.

I hope it means that I won't have a Boeing 747 engine run up test at 4:30 AM when Dish decides to update my DVR.

( I have changed the update time several times, but it ignores it. )

I had my first update since this change last night. The DVR (722) made a soft hum from about 4 AM until about 6 AM. It was loud enough to wake me at times, but not loud enough to prompt me to unplug it like I used to do. I was hoping that it wouldn't wake me up anymore. :(

Sadly, the recent software update bricked my trusty Dish VIP722 receiver. It updated early Saturday morning while I was gone, and when I got home, it was stuck in an Warning 061 Boot Recovery screen. As in the past, I unplugged my receiver for ten minutes, and unplugged. Except this time, all it did was simply cause the hard drive to fail. It would spin up for a few seconds, and then shut down, and repeat every minute or so....no changes. Called for a replacement. Lost service for three days. No reply from Dish regarding credit for lost service.

I don't notice any improvement in the sound area. Forgive me if this was discussed. SD channels, particularly Disney Channel and SD commercials on HD channels are still deafeningly loud at times. Very noticeable if watching recorded HD program and the Sat rec was on Disney to begin with, when you stop the recording the sound is deafening until you grab the remote and mash the down volume.

Thanks for the information, but both my VIP 622s fail to show the volume leveling option using the setting you described above. Before doing a factory reset, I think I will wait to see what others have to say. All other features on both receivers are working fine. For now I am going to assume the volume leveling is likened to the tooth fairy. It might not be real and there was no quater under my pillow this morning.

On a side note though, the biggest offender is E* and their commericials. They could fix the problem without a software update on the receivers.

Agree completely. I find it ridiculously ironic that everyone one except Dish can make their commercials function with proper volume except Dish. Why is it that everyone else has it figured out and they do not? As for SRS Level, screen shots or it didn't happen.

My 722 with L670 has random freezes and reboots. About once a day and sometimes twice. When I go to the counters screen, there's always the same error in line 10. Queue ID/ Count 7/169. Where the ID is always 7, the count is a random number. Does anybody know what those numbers mean? I mean it's obviously an error #7 and occurrence is so many times. I just wanna know which part is messing up. I have done cord reboots and cleared VRAM, swapped seperators and feed lines with my 622 that doesn't do that on L630.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts