DISH Network Software Release Notes 9/30/10

Prior to L670, my 722 would freeze/reboot sometime between 5:00 - 6:00 PM Eastern time virtually every day. I got used to it.

Anything similar with you?

No, I can only remember it rebooting once in the last couple years.

I'm going to try a power plug reset when I get home from work and see if that clears it up.

Is that supposed to be different and/or superior to a normal power button reboot?

What's the theory behind that?

It's kinda like with you computer.
Some times you just need to RESTART (same as power button reboot on receiver) - resets software
and
Other times you need to SHUTDOWN (same as pulling plug on receiver) - resets both hardware and software

Multiple reboots

Happened to me twice last night while watching and recording the Pens/Flyers game on Versus. I was beginning to think it was just me, as I hadn't seen any other posts about it.

My 722 was updated early Thursday morning. Got up to a lot of hard drive noise and a reboot that had apparently been underway for a while and was not making progress. Eventually pulled the plug per the instruction of Dish phone support. Seemed to fix the problem at the time. Last night we experienced serveral freezes and spontaneous reboots (4 total over a three hour period while watching both live and recorded programming).

I called Dish again after the evening problems and they suggested replacing the DVR because they "weren't aware of other customers having this issue". I referred them to this forum and another and deferred having the DVR replaced. They did make note of the websites I gave them - not sure it makes any difference but you never know.

My DVR has been stable for so long, I hate having to be a beta tester for their new software experiment. Hopefully they'll get a handle on it.

After a firmware update, I always do a power off reset (having my 622 plugged into a UPS makes it easier). As n0qcu said, sometimes your computer needs a shutdown/wait-30-seconds/restart. Well, these receivers are (essentially) a computer that does sat tv and when I do a clean power-off/wait/restart, then a lot of these issues people are talking about, I'm not seeing.

With my 622 running L630, I haven't seen the multiple auto-reboot issue at all. It's been rock-solid and running just fine. So I always recommend the power-off reset rather than just the power button reboot...

My 722 was updated early Thursday morning. Got up to a lot of hard drive noise and a reboot that had apparently been underway for a while and was not making progress. Eventually pulled the plug per the instruction of Dish phone support. Seemed to fix the problem at the time. Last night we experienced serveral freezes and spontaneous reboots (4 total over a three hour period while watching both live and recorded programming).

I called Dish again after the evening problems and they suggested replacing the DVR because they "weren't aware of other customers having this issue". I referred them to this forum and another and deferred having the DVR replaced. They did make note of the websites I gave them - not sure it makes any difference but you never know.

My DVR has been stable for so long, I hate having to be a beta tester for their new software experiment. Hopefully they'll get a handle on it.

i had the same problem(722) and i just let it go and eventually it just died and had to get a new one.

I have the new 630 for the 622. I also started to receive the new signal loss messages, 015 complete signal loss, 002 partial signal loss, 004 channel signal loss. Mine occured at sundown yesterday and lasted about an hour. My second 622 started to have the problem about 11 pm. Both occured shorly after turning the receivers on. I have not seen the messages today. I called E* and they are sending a tech on Monday. I hope it is not 630 causing the problem. I had a new roof put on and they might have messed things up. My dish is mounted high on the chimminey. They didn't need to touch it. However, they might have moved around the cables and all the hammering could have loosened things up. I'll update after the tech visit if the problem is not roofing and system related.

Same issue here on my 622. Only affecting the program guide portion. Regular performance on the My Recordings menu. The program guide is next to unusable.

Unplug your unit wait 30 seconds then plug it back in. I had the same issue on my 622 and that resolved the problem.

FTR, I am *not* a fan of having to type in a password every time I want to delete a recording after I'm done watching it.

I understand (and kind of like) having a password to watch adult-rated content, but is there no way to choose what you want protected and what you don't?

New "feature" in L630. In a DVR events group, select several items. Then ask for info on one of them. All your selections magically thrown away.

Makes it lots of fun trying to decide which items in a group I want to get rid of.

Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but my 722 got updated on Monday and when I got home from work it was pretty much bricked. I managed to get it up and working enough to watch Live TV only. At first I couldn't watch anything at all, the receiver would lock up as soon as it tried to acquire the signal. Finally it said something about the hard drive being messed up and it has to erase everything. After that I could watch Live TV. Now I got a new receiver from Dish, but I am not sure what software it has on it...

Got update on 622 a couple of days ago...

Not sure Im a fan of the new color schemes...wish you could switch out the colors or something like that

What I did find annoying though is that when looking at my dvr events i recorded...i would click on the name of the show and look at the info (say I have 7 of an epsiode and i want to see which one to watch)...instead of going back to that shows page...it takes me all the way out back to all my dvr recordings...

Anyone else have this problem???

Me too. We have folders for each family member and in those there end up being folders, so we're two deep. Click on info on one of the shows and when "Done" it always goes back to the very top - a real PITA!

I've had that "feature" on my EHD programs.... real fun when you are checking a batch of Smallville programs that I have archived and then it sends me all the way back tot he top like some twisted AV version of Chutes and Ladders (EVERY square is a chute to square 1)

Prior to L670, my 722 would freeze/reboot sometime between 5:00 - 6:00 PM Eastern time virtually every day. I got used to it.

Anything similar with you?

Just curious if you have your daily updates to occur during this time. Seems kind of strange that a random reboot would occur in the same time frame every day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts