DISH Network Software Release Notes 9/30/10

I rec'd it overnight (10/5). ;)

Oh, well the "other" person on the "other" forum said something along the lines that it was a blimp that was no longer spooling... Not sure what that terminology means...

At any rate I want L668 I wonder when I'll get lucky...

Just got the update 670 update last night on my VIP722. There is no options for Volume Leveling in the Dolby Audio menu and no audio change in the volume performance since update 629, They must have deferred this feature once again.

Don't worry - the volume leveling feature doesn't do anything anyway.

I have read that L668 was possibly a short-lasting spool, which could explain why people were still getting L668 on the ViP 722k.

I dunno, I just want some new software dammit! Both of my 722ks still have L667.

My DP322 at my other house also still only has L482.

I have read that L668 was possibly a short-lasting spool, which could explain why people were still getting L668 on the ViP 722k.
All software updates/pushes are sent in batches, spread out over 1-3 weeks. Some people receiving L668 and some not is nothing unusual.

I have a 722 running in QAM mode using a Qbox. In the past with the 381 getting software updates was a bit of a challange. Had to go to the scan list, find sat 119 transponder 19, highlight it and toggle the power button. Does anybody know if there is a trick like this for the 722 or does it just update automatically in QAM mode? I haven't received the 670 update yet and don't know if it just hasn't came to my receiver yet or if I need to force it somehow.

Nope

I have a 722 running in QAM mode using a Qbox. In the past with the 381 getting software updates was a bit of a challange. Had to go to the scan list, find sat 119 transponder 19, highlight it and toggle the power button. Does anybody know if there is a trick like this for the 722 or does it just update automatically in QAM mode? I haven't received the 670 update yet and don't know if it just hasn't came to my receiver yet or if I need to force it somehow.

can't force updates. You will just have to wait till it gets to you.

Just got the L670 on my 722 the other night. I did use the previous DishOnline and after all the talk and anticipation on all the enhancements -- I can say, I am really not all that impressed.

I used to be able to at least sort all the FREE offerings to see what I wanted to download and now can't do that without looking at each and every one to see if it's free or $. I'm sure that was NOT an oversight on Dish's part esp. since it is overtly obvious they are pushing the VOD/pay options with the new release(s).

I also was under the (false?) impression that we would be able to access the Epix library once we rec'd this update. Am I missing something since I don't seem to see it as one of the Networks listed. Also can't find any of the AMC offerings (I used DishOnline to catch up on Rubicon episodes I had missed in the past.) Even did a search for the title directly and still nothing.

Overall - not impressed with the new changes.

When you reboot, there is a new Acquiring Signal dialog with five segments that are traversed by a green bar (similar to program guide download), instead of the "2 of 5" style text. It is accompanied by "This should take no more than 5 minutes", but took less than a minute.

A solar flare/sunspot/transit (or whatthehelleveritis) knocked out my signal strength briefly the other night, and I noticed the "completely lost signal" screen is quite different than before. I didn't bother reading all of it, but it's quite verbose.

Yeah, and there's a "partially lost signal" screen too. Don't ask me what the difference is. Maybe if it only loses signal on one transponder you get the partial loss screen.

BTW, I don't remember what time or day I saw it, but I wonder if they had some failure at an uplink site. It was nighttime so it wasn't a solar conjunction issue, and there was no bad weather here.

My 722k got L668 a few days ago. I didn't really notice the change except for the fact that I can, once again, bring TV1 out of standby mode with the remote control. :up :up
No more fumbling with the front panel door to hit the power button.

All software updates/pushes are sent in batches, spread out over 1-3 weeks. Some people receiving L668 and some not is nothing unusual.

I know they don't just push the software to all receivers at once. It's to prevent a flood of calls to TS. Anyway, I was just saying what I was reading. I just got L668 on both of my 722k's. So I guess what I was reading was nothing but speculation.

Got update on 622 a couple of days ago...

Not sure Im a fan of the new color schemes...wish you could switch out the colors or something like that

What I did find annoying though is that when looking at my dvr events i recorded...i would click on the name of the show and look at the info (say I have 7 of an epsiode and i want to see which one to watch)...instead of going back to that shows page...it takes me all the way out back to all my dvr recordings...

Anyone else have this problem???

Ever since I got L670 on my 722 (about a week or so ago) I am getting spontaneous reboots. Sometimes one right after the other.

It's even happened during recordings and on DVR playbacks. Something it has never done in the past.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Yeah, and there's a "partially lost signal" screen too. Don't ask me what the difference is. Maybe if it only loses signal on one transponder you get the partial loss screen.

BTW, I don't remember what time or day I saw it, but I wonder if they had some failure at an uplink site. It was nighttime so it wasn't a solar conjunction issue, and there was no bad weather here.
I also noticed new stuff in the Diagnostics screen such as Rain/Snow which will probably count the number of times you lose the signal due to that. I think that is why there is more than one lost signal screen.

Not at night

A solar flare/sunspot/transit (or whatthehelleveritis) knocked out my signal strength briefly the other night, and I noticed the "completely lost signal" screen is quite different than before. I didn't bother reading all of it, but it's quite verbose.

Solar transit can't be the cause if it's night. Solar transit is only going to do something during day time. If you are WA all would hit in late afternoon. I EA it would be morning since you show to be in TX.

Ever since I got L670 on my 722 (about a week or so ago) I am getting spontaneous reboots. Sometimes one right after the other.

It's even happened during recordings and on DVR playbacks. Something it has never done in the past.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Happened to me twice last night while watching and recording the Pens/Flyers game on Versus. I was beginning to think it was just me, as I hadn't seen any other posts about it.

Happened to me twice last night while watching and recording the Pens/Flyers game on Versus. I was beginning to think it was just me, as I hadn't seen any other posts about it.
Prior to L670, my 722 would freeze/reboot sometime between 5:00 - 6:00 PM Eastern time virtually every day. I got used to it.

Anything similar with you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)