Dish Network to offer SuperBowl in HD

Hmm I wonder if we can get our local stations to give dish permission to provide the game that our city could e added to the list as well. I'm too lazy to try but it could be fun

If the truth were know, I don't think other areas had the potential to generate the bad publicity that the Pittsburg area did.

Seattle would run a close second.......

BFG, given the fact that these affiliates are charging big bucks to the local ad buyers, there is zero incentive for them to be "nice guys" about this.

It's all about money, and they will not give up a chance to get more unless you nag the heck out of them for waivers (which will get you SD distants, but doesn't seem to help with HD distants yet)

BobMurdoch said:
Seattle would run a close second.......

BFG, given the fact that these affiliates are charging big bucks to the local ad buyers, there is zero incentive for them to be "nice guys" about this.

It's all about money, and they will not give up a chance to get more unless you nag the heck out of them for waivers (which will get you SD distants, but doesn't seem to help with HD distants yet)

What most of us were / are talking about is making the distant ABC-HD feed available to those ALREADY GETTING the distant SD feed and thus would NOT BE WATCHING THE FRIGGEN LOCAL AFILIATE ANYWAY.:mad:

I'll be glad when next Monday gets here so I don't have to say this anymore.:D

Well I searched this thread and didnt see any mention of it, but I'm upset that I'm not getting it (even for a day) over dish in the Dallas area.

that's because your station is an ABC affiliate and gets revenue from local adversting. (Even though for the superbowl it's about 2 minutes before the start of each quarter)

waltinvt said:
What most of us were / are talking about is making the distant ABC-HD feed available to those ALREADY GETTING the distant SD feed and thus would NOT BE WATCHING THE FRIGGEN LOCAL AFILIATE ANYWAY.:mad:

I'll be glad when next Monday gets here so I don't have to say this anymore.:D

Yes ME TOO!! I still would like to know how one of two DBS company's can do this? D* must work some kind of magic with all the exclusive deals?? Yea yea i know shut up and be happy.

ABC Feed in Pittsburgh is terrrible. I can't even get the feed. I'm only 15 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. You can get Analog not HD Feed.

KOMO is the local ABC affiliate for Seattle. It generally does a great job with OTA. And that's all and good but there's a lot of problems with getting the signal like hills and towering evergreens. If Dish would carry it I'd record both sources. I say good for Pittsburgh for being able to get it. No sour grapes. Seattle needs to be added to the list too.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok I just spoke with Marc Lumpkin and the Superbowl HD feed WILL be available in Pittsburgh!
Dish's response to my E-Mail about Pittsburgh Pa. coverage.

Yes. It’s true. Expect the HD broadcast on Sunday only for the distant HD signal.

Marc Lumpkin
Interim Director of Corporate Communications
EchoStar's DISH Network

marc.lumpkin@echostar.com

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok I just spoke with Marc Lumpkin and the Superbowl HD feed WILL be available in Pittsburgh!

Will it be MPEG-2 or MPEG-4? If it is MPEG-2, will I just have to go to the channel it will be on and it should be in HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts