Dish Network to offer SuperBowl in HD

Whe does the channel show up in the guide? As of this morning it still wasn't there (I'm in one of the NJ counties considered part of the NYC DMA)

What satellite and transponder are they coming off of?

EDIT: NM. Checked the dish chart. Both are on T25 on 110.

Last edited:
No game for me in HD

:mad: After calling tech sup with the hope I'll get the game,they told me no feed for me I'm getting CBSHD from one of the markets (NY) but for whatever reason left behind one more time.Thanks Dish Network.

240 is indeed up in the pittsburgh area but none of the content thus far appears to be HD. Anyone else notice this?

RandallA said:
Reporting that 250 is on here in the West Coast, woo hoo!

Where does 250 showup? I'm looking in the guide and I don't see it. I get all the SF locals but I don't see a 250 even after a reboot.

Should I be looking in the guide in all channels or in locals?

Tim

Well I found out that even though I get KGO SF in the local/distant channels, I've been grandfathered in, I am not elgible for the 250 channel cause I have to live in the SF area.

I'm in the Monterey/Salinas area and they don't have an ABC channel here at all. Looks like no HD bowl for me unless I drive to Monterey.

It doesn't look like I'll ever be elgible for hd locals either, so I guess I'd better get directv for locals.

Tim

hhkr said:
Where does 250 showup? I'm looking in the guide and I don't see it. I get all the SF locals but I don't see a 250 even after a reboot.

Should I be looking in the guide in all channels or in locals?

Tim

250 is up and running live on the west coast.

I am in the Los Angeles. Market, I can watch 250 in HD.

Make sure your guide is on ALL SUB or ALL Channels

according to the orignal post you should be receiving it.

try turning it off for a while and doing a check switch.

It is interesting on how Dish is marketing this to its subscribers. If I didn't read these forums I would have no idea that I could get another HD feed for KABC via satellite. I currently receive KABC in HD directly via my OTA antenna, but I can't find any mention of the additional channel that was added to my 942 last night.

BTW, a comparision of the video quality between my direct OTA channel 7.1 KABC vs the channel 250 KABC feed gives a big nod to the OTA feed. There must be compression going on with the satellite feed.

well damn, don't know what happened but I'm keeping my mouth shut to dish.

I complained to the csr/hd tech support person about not getting the hd signal she checked for me and told me I was in the Monterey/Salinas local area and I wouldn't get it. I'm grandfathered in SF locals since 1994 but I can't get the superbowl feed. WTF! I was about ready to order D* again and I looked in the locals on the web. Been there many times before they provide everything but the ABC stations for my area. It says in a little box that I can call and order distant ABC. I already have kgo sf in sd so I ask for ABC LA. She charges me 1.50 a month and gives me WABC and KABC both. Takes a while for it to come in. I put the channels in a favorite and the 411 treats them like HD and it almost looks like an HD picture. In the locals I have hd preference set to try and bring them in.

Now I'm getting KABC and WABC in HD both and I just tried and i'm getting 240 and 250 both in HD.

Amazing. I don't know whether she screwed up or whether they consider me in the NY/LA market.

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts