DISH Readies Fans for College Football with Announcement of SEC Network Channel Number

Heck no, we all have to pay for it. :oldmad They need to hurry and add it so I can delete it from my favorites and get that out of the way

So you wont be watching A&M and USC? Pretty significant early season game, and i figure it would be of interest to most any football fan.

Reactions: lakebum431
Nope, I have no interest in that over hyped snoozefest and I will be at the Tulane/Tulsa game.
That will be better.
upload_2014-8-11_15-29-30.jpeg

Nah, enjoy. Any football is good football.

The way I look at it is my money will be going to a school I choose to support and not an over hyped network I'm forced to pay for

If it was a network strictly for your favorite team would you be OK with it? I know a lot of people like yourself like to get upset over these sports channels but it's one of the few ways to deliver them to a wide variety people for an affordable price.

Is the SEC network only offered to Hopper accounts or any 120+ and up accounts?

If it was a network strictly for your favorite team would you be OK with it? I know a lot of people like yourself like to get upset over these sports channels but it's one of the few ways to deliver them to a wide variety people for an affordable price.

No I would not be OK with it. I don't mind the conference network channels. I just don't believe they should be in any base packages unless they consider them an RSN for a specific area and even then I'm not really a fan. All of the conference channels should be in the Multi Sport package outside of their home territory. I don't care if its $1.50 or .15 cents. I should have the choice if I want to pay for yet another channel with programming or teams that 90% of the people outside of a given territory have no interest in.

There should not be any individual team channels (hint shorthorns, Yankees, Dodgers and other).

Reactions: dare2be
Have you been seeing their new commercials with Matthew Stafford? Pretty typical, corny commercials.

I saw it, kind of had to so a double take, I was saying wait a minute stafford in a Dish commercial

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No I would not be OK with it. I don't mind the conference network channels. I just don't believe they should be in any base packages unless they consider them an RSN for a specific area and even then I'm not really a fan. All of the conference channels should be in the Multi Sport package outside of their home territory. I don't care if its $1.50 or .15 cents. I should have the choice if I want to pay for yet another channel with programming or teams that 90% of the people outside of a given territory have no interest in.

There should not be any individual team channels (hint shorthorns, Yankees, Dodgers and other).

I actually agree with you but I'm one of the people who are willing to pay more to watch the sports I want. There are a lot of people that are not willing to pay, or can't afford to spend the extra money to get the package that has sports in it. I get these complaints from customers a lot and they always talk about the good old days when they could just watch the Hawkeyes play on our local CBS network for free. By having some of these sports channels in the Top 120 it allows a wide variety of people to be able to watch some sports without having to pay for an additional package.

I'm not saying this to argue, like I said, I agree with you. I'm just saying this to show there are two different ways to look at this. The networks that own these channels want as many eyes seeing their channel as possible.

I actually agree with you but I'm one of the people who are willing to pay more to watch the sports I want. There are a lot of people that are not willing to pay, or can't afford to spend the extra money to get the package that has sports in it. I get these complaints from customers a lot and they always talk about the good old days when they could just watch the Hawkeyes play on our local CBS network for free. By having some of these sports channels in the Top 120 it allows a wide variety of people to be able to watch some sports without having to pay for an additional package.

I'm not saying this to argue, like I said, I agree with you. I'm just saying this to show there are two different ways to look at this. The networks that own these channels want as many eyes seeing their channel as possible.

Here, let me fix that last sentence for you: :)
The networks that own these channels want as many [people paying for] their channel as possible.

Reactions: osu1991
I know that network viewpoint and I don't agree with it. They want everyone to pay for it, they don't care who actually watches it. There are plenty of games on network tv, espn and fox sports, cbs sports, nbc sports in the base packages. The conference channels don't belong in the base packages outside of their territories. The Hakweyes fans argument holds not water because Big Ten would be considered an RSN an offered to Iowa subs in the base packages and the rest of the games would be on national sports networks.

There is no reason other than network greed, that 4 million people in Oklahoma should have to pay for the SEC Network, Pac 12 or Big Ten Nets in base packages just to get 50-100k people that may actually watch those networks.

You're right, the networks just want more people getting the channel so they can make more money. It's not just the networks though, the conferences are also behind this and they are the ones that want more eyes seeing their games. This may be one of the smaller reasons for it but I do know it's still an important reason. These teams are trying to get more national exposure so they can improve their recruiting and just increase their enrollment in general. Of course all of this leads to more money as well.

That argument/viewpoint could be used for any channel with slight wording change.

I don't like news, why should I have to pay for it in base packages.

I don't like reality tv, it should be in the reality TV package and not the base packages.

ESPN thinks they had enough clout and a potentially popular enough channel to hold people's feet to the fire. They appear to be right. Cause look, they all signed.

To be clear, I don't necessarily disagree with your view either. Our rates are high and only going higher.

If it were me personally though, I could name about 60 channels I'd like to see as pay if you want before these sports conference channels.

Those 60 channels probably dont cost as much as either. There needs to be a balance of what goes in base packages and that just isnt happening anymore. Its just networks throwing sh*t out there and saying pay or else.

Reactions: ChadT41
Those 60 probably won't get the ratings of any higher priced sports channels either, which the sec network may or may not be.

They aren't charging an arm and a leg for espn because nobody watches.

They aren't asking a high price for a network that just covers the sec because they think there is no demand.

Its as simple concept even if I think we all pay too much for tv. I May be a hypocrite on it though. I think it costs too much and I send them a check every month.

I agree with that completely. You see what happens when there isn't any other channels to hold over their heads. Look at TWCLA, the dodgers home is still not carried. Because they don't have abc and Disney and espn to go "we will disappear if you don't take us at our terms".

Those 60 probably won't get the ratings of any higher priced sports channels either, which the sec network may or may not be.

They aren't charging an arm and a leg for espn because nobody watches.

They aren't asking a high price for a network that just covers the sec because they think there is no demand.

Its as simple concept even if I think we all pay too much for tv. I May be a hypocrite on it though. I think it costs too much and I send them a check every month.

espn's ratings do suck. Unless there is a big football game or a major sporting event they are not even in the top 10.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)