DISH Readies Fans for College Football with Announcement of SEC Network Channel Number

It's a quote from the ceo of dish,

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I havent seen it, and I would disagree.

The SEC, especially recently, does have a large national following of the conference in general, and some of its individual teams in particular, but there is no way, no how that 78% of the fans of the league live outside of the conference geographical footprint.

I am not gonna argue nor am I going to risk my job you are right I am wrong have a great day

I am not gonna argue nor am I going to risk my job you are right I am wrong have a great day

My apologies, it was not my intent to be argumentative about it. I was simply stating my opinion on the post. :)

It's just that a LARGE amount of SEC fans are all over the country so no regional coverage for the best conference in the nation

I am a USC fan, make that Southern California ( :)), and a Pac12 fan in general. I also like to watch SEC games. I am a fan of good good football. It's great to have these channels available!

I suppose it's possible that percentage is correct. How many states are the SEC schools in? If we look at how many fans are in all of the other states I supposes it's very possible to have a percentage that high.

KY, TN, AR, TX, LA, AL, GA, FL, MS, MO, and SC, I think.

So there are 39 other states that have SEC fans in. Who knows what they are considering SEC fans also. It may just be people that want to watch SEC games and not actually a person that likes a specific team. I hate the SEC but if I want the channel so I can watch football and cheer against them. :biggrin

Reactions: Ronnie-
Yeah, their definition of a fan is (?) who knows what.
If you went by every man woman and child, the percentage would be off, as a rough count puts 30% of the total us population in those states.

No big deal, and didnt figure it would turn into its own portion of the thread. lol, the percentage just didnt seem right to me. :)

with Texas A&M in the SEC now, both The Longhorn Network and SEC Network are must have for Texans who want to see their teams play (the other Texas teams in the Big 12 are Texas Tech Red Raiders, Baylor Bears and TCU Horned Frogs). LHN is a must have for those who team is playing the Longhorns as well. especially in Oklahoma (Oklahoma Sooners and Oklahoma State Cowboys), Kansas (Kansas Jayhawks and Kansas State Wildcats), Iowa (Iowa State Cyclones), West Virgina (West Virgina Mountaineers). so far, the Longhorns/Cyclones and Longhorns/UNT Mean Green are the only games announced to be on LHN this season. this year, i will be able to see the opening game of the Longhorns season on Dish.

plus on the Uplink report, LHN HD has now bee uplinked, but being tested for a pending launch.

You would be greatly mistaken about it being a must have in Oklahoma. Other than a few basketball games that are also simulcast locally there is nothing on there that interests OSU or OU fans. Only 1 Big 12 game is allowed on LHN and the opponent has to agree to that. Kansas and Iowa State are the only ones that have shown interest in that because Kansas football sucks and ISU has their own in state network to distribute the local coverage on. Espn already tried to put a Texas Tech non-con game on LHN and Tech protested and the Big 12 backed them up and ESPN was forced to withdraw it.

with Texas A&M in the SEC now, both The Longhorn Network and SEC Network are must have for Texans who want to see their teams play (the other Texas teams in the Big 12 are Texas Tech Red Raiders, Baylor Bears and TCU Horned Frogs). LHN is a must have for those who team is playing the Longhorns as well. especially in Oklahoma (Oklahoma Sooners and Oklahoma State Cowboys), Kansas (Kansas Jayhawks and Kansas State Wildcats), Iowa (Iowa State Cyclones), West Virgina (West Virgina Mountaineers). so far, the Longhorns/Cyclones and Longhorns/UNT Mean Green are the only games announced to be on LHN this season. this year, i will be able to see the opening game of the Longhorns season on Dish.

plus on the Uplink report, LHN HD has now bee uplinked, but being tested for a pending launch.
Full time LHN HD would be awesome!!!!

I just called Dish to see about adding this to my account, but they don't seem to know about this promo that is discussed here. I also saw an ad on TV about this, she didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

All she could offer me was to get it for half off. She also tried to offer me the HBO with Cinemax bundle, which I don't want right now.

Oh the free offer is strictly for new customers. They do have an option for free 3 mo for existing customers but it's not something that should be expected. Just appreciated if you recieve it. Did you take the half off?

No I didn't. I don't have a lot of extra money to add packages like that right now. I didn't know there was a three free months offer, that wasn't offering. I wasn't sure if existing customer could get that offer or not, so I thought I would just try and see what happens. At least I'm not out anything. :) ignore any errors, dictation is being silly on my phone LOL.

:bluesbros:attentionIgnored. But only because I just made a delicious chicken burrito dinner with avacado and grilled onions.

I just got the multi-sport pack for 1/2 off for 6 months. Not a big news flash that you can get this, but as an existing customer it's something you might get as an alternative. I go in periodically on-line and see if I'm offered a deal to stick with a package. I have discounts on multi-sport, blockbuster, HBO, and Showtime all going on right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts