DISH Readies Fans for College Football with Announcement of SEC Network Channel Number

When does the SEC Network start? I didn't check at home but I can't find it at my grandparents.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I just got the multi-sport pack for 1/2 off for 6 months. Not a big news flash that you can get this, but as an existing customer it's something you might get as an alternative. I go in periodically on-line and see if I'm offered a deal to stick with a package. I have discounts on multi-sport, blockbuster, HBO, and Showtime all going on right now.
How does that work, you try to remove it and before you confirm it a popup appears?

Yes...remove the package, recalculate monthly bill if you like, select continue for final checkout, it will then ask you to confirm to finalize the removal....if you're going to be offered a deal, it will pop up before that last confirmation step

Why isn't channel 404 showing up on my HWS programming guide? Would that be because the latest satellite lineup shows it as "Not Available" on the 119 and 72.7 birds? We have AT250, but a TSR just told me that it won't show up until the 6PM EDT start time this evening. Then he told me we need the Multi-Sports package. Huh?????

Why isn't channel 404 showing up on my HWS programming guide? Would that be because the latest satellite lineup shows it as "Not Available" on the 119 and 72.7 birds? We have AT250, but a TSR just told me that it won't show up until the 6PM EDT start time this evening. Then he told me we need the Multi-Sports package. Huh?????
Yeah, I'd like to know too. I've never seen a new network go live before & wanted to set a timer to record it.

Just an FYI for some of you interested in the Multi sport pack. I did a chat a couple days ago and the first lady I spoke with told me I'd have to up my package to 120+ (I'm currently on 120) plus pay $11 per month for multisport. I told her this would not work for me so she offered me 1/2 off for 6 months. I asked her if she could do any better. She transferred me to the loyalty department who is giving me the multisport pack free until the end of the year. I did have to upgrade to 120+ so it's costing me $5 extra per month.

Should be able to type it in and set a manual time. That's your best bet

Argh. Unless you know of another way to set a manual timer, I can't set one for 404. From the DVR-Timers-Manual Timer window, Select Channel only shows channels in the program guide for selection. I even changed my program guide to All Channels, but 404 isn't available on that list either. Just for grins, I went to Dish Anywhere to see if I could do it. Not only is 404 missing, but also 407 (Longhorn Network, not that I'll be watching that one much) is missing (but shows on the HWS program guide). Starting to think the SEC Network is going to be a no show today.

I seem to remember someone saying it enters the guide at 5 eastern and goes live at 6 eastern. If that's the case, you can create timers/manual timers at that time. Otherwise, just tune in at 6pm EST

I seem to remember someone saying it enters the guide at 5 eastern and goes live at 6 eastern. If that's the case, you can create timers/manual timers at that time. Otherwise, just tune in at 6pm EST
Thanks. Hope so, cause that appears to be the only option so far.

Argh. Unless you know of another way to set a manual timer, I can't set one for 404. From the DVR-Timers-Manual Timer window, Select Channel only shows channels in the program guide for selection. I even changed my program guide to All Channels, but 404 isn't available on that list either. Just for grins, I went to Dish Anywhere to see if I could do it. Not only is 404 missing, but also 407 (Longhorn Network, not that I'll be watching that one much) is missing (but shows on the HWS program guide). Starting to think the SEC Network is going to be a no show today.
Actually, I don't think the LHN missing in the DA guide is related to the SEC Network not up yet. There is a long-standing problem with the DishAnywhere guide missing some channels (one of which is LHN) on some accounts. I've been told that Dish engineers are working on a fix.

Well, logging out and logging back in at least lets me see the main channel in the guide, although no program information. I can at least set a recording for "SEC-ESPN Network" 11AM-7PM, which should get me started.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)