dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Previous stock holder, plus used their accounting statements for my accounting class. So yes, I do have their 2013 filings fresh in my mind. Am interested in 2014 to see the growth or loss.

and I am free to voice mine as well. Some folks just like to complain about everything, no matter what the issue is. My issue is the complaining by the uninformed. The reality is that this is on Fox, they are the ones tying the renewal of Fox News to FS1 and other channels. Dish has supposedly signed off on the dollars for Fox News, but Fox wants to make Dish pay more for FS1, despite a signed contract in place that does not come due for awhile. So its OK to complain, but one should have the complete facts before doing so.
I'm curious how you know the bolded?

Suspected FS1, but it is anyone of Foxs sports channels. FS1 is the one that meets the criteria Charlie spoke of.

Previous stock holder, plus used their accounting statements for my accounting class. So yes, I do have their 2013 filings fresh in my mind. Am interested in 2014 to see the growth or loss.
No offense meant my post. In retrospect it seemed trite, however, you can get very passionate about Dish Network Corp. :) There are other ways (they are not going to do them) to keep their average income per subscriber the same without raising rates AS MUCH, that would be to reduce SG&A, marketing costs, etc...

Reactions: MikeD-C05
No offense taken. I am always interested in learning new things like how money can be dispersed differently.

and I am free to voice mine as well. Some folks just like to complain about everything, no matter what the issue is. My issue is the complaining by the uninformed. The reality is that this is on Fox, they are the ones tying the renewal of Fox News to FS1 and other channels. Dish has supposedly signed off on the dollars for Fox News, but Fox wants to make Dish pay more for FS1, despite a signed contract in place that does not come due for awhile. So its OK to complain, but one should have the complete facts before doing so.

I'm curious how you know the bolded?

I believe he is correct, I remember Charlie saying the value of Fox News was somewhat justified for the asking price. He may even say that in the video he made.
It is embodied here;
"But in this dispute, Fox was demanding a large increase in rates that would have doubled the amount Dish pays for the channel. Now these new rates were somewhat justified because Fox News continues to be a leading satellite news channel.

Both sides came very close to an agreement on new rates. However, during the negotiations, Fox demanded a surcharge that would have tripled the rates on an unrelated, less popular channel. To make matters worse, Dish already had a contract for that channel which doesn't expire for some time. The result of this Fox tactic is that Fox News became hostage to an unrelated channel where the price increase was not justified by our existing contract or its viewership."

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/01/03/dish-network-was-right-to-reject-fox-news-deal.aspx

I believe he is correct, I remember Charlie saying the value of Fox News was somewhat justified for the asking price. He may even say that in the video he made.
It is embodied here;
"But in this dispute, Fox was demanding a large increase in rates that would have doubled the amount Dish pays for the channel. Now these new rates were somewhat justified because Fox News continues to be a leading satellite news channel.

Both sides came very close to an agreement on new rates. However, during the negotiations, Fox demanded a surcharge that would have tripled the rates on an unrelated, less popular channel. To make matters worse, Dish already had a contract for that channel which doesn't expire for some time. The result of this Fox tactic is that Fox News became hostage to an unrelated channel where the price increase was not justified by our existing contract or its viewership."

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/01/03/dish-network-was-right-to-reject-fox-news-deal.aspx
There is also a news article posted in one of the Fox threads that cites an unnamed source at Fox as confirming that FS1 and FXX are the source of the dispute.

It's the customers with the weird emotional attachment to a brand or company that I never understand. You see it in IOS vs Android forums, or the old Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD forums right here on SG. Some people just don't understand that you can prefer something, even like it quite a bit, but still complain about its shortcomings. In fact, wanting something to improve and be its best is a much healthier attitude than blind devotion.

:amen Brother :amen

Reactions: 356B
DDL? I think I need to know where to sign up. I get paid to work in a Dish call center (and I make no secret about that), but I need to sign up somewhere to defend Dish in my off-work hours. Does it pay well? :)

The current and former employees aren't exactly fanboys, and those that do, or have, worked for Dish tend to be honest about it. We just have insight on some of the processes that others do not. I think it was Chad that posted that the average profit per subscriber is less than $5 per month. Yeah, multiply times 14 million, and 12 months, and you get a lot of money, but when folks start talking about the cost of the service, it should be obvious that Dish does not have a huge margin to work with, and increased costs have to be passed on.

I can only speak for myself, as a current Dish employee, I don't defend everything the company has done, internally and externally. I have my gripes with the company, but they generally don't have to do with the topics that have been brought up here.

I agree it is clear to us, but to be honest, we are bias just off knowing that. I am 100% sure it is those channels, but there is always the chance that we are wrong. Just to play Devils advocate.

I don't think so. If it was wrong wouldn't Fox be issuing press releases denying it. They have not.

I don't think so. If it was wrong wouldn't Fox be issuing press releases denying it. They have not.
Oh, we're definitely right they are holding the channels hostage to gain leverage over other channels. I was saying on the specifics of FS1, FXX and FS2

FYI - I posted a comment on the dishstandsbyyou website. (I didn't request a credit or make any threats, other than to express my displeasure at the number and duration of these disputes and outages.) Nobody contacted me with any credits or even acknowledgement of my submission. So, I guess that ship has sailed.

It appears that people will need to actively contact Dish and request a credit, if they want compensation for the current loss of FNC, at this point.

Oh, we're definitely right they are holding the channels hostage to gain leverage over other channels. I was saying on the specifics of FS1, FXX and FS2

:) Oh we're right. WHY do so many people miss this simple point? It is a lack of education, analytical skills, or something else. It's obvious when its in publication after publication as well, but these same folks won't chastise Fox for doing this when it is Fox that is doing this!!! Incredible really

Reactions: papachops
FYI - I posted a comment on the dishstandsbyyou website. (I didn't request a credit or make any threats, other than to express my displeasure at the number and duration of these disputes and outages.) Nobody contacted me with any credits or even acknowledgement of my submission. So, I guess that ship has sailed.

It appears that people will need to actively contact Dish and request a credit, if they want compensation for the current loss of FNC, at this point.

I did exactly the same. No response at all. Didn't ask for any credit but certainly would've appreciated one. Been with 'em for 15 years, don't know if I'll make 16......

Ed

ChadT41,did you at one time have a lawsuit against Dish?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)