dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have heard nothing from Dish or FOX saying that dish was trying to make the channel ala carte.

I think you are grasping at straws here. Please try sticking to the facts.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Yespage
I received $50 yesterday and a PPV today after leaving feedback last Tuesday a week ago. Thanks OP!

I'm saying fox wants their channels bundled. Dish wants them not bundled (ala carte).
Fox has as much right to require bundling as dish.
You are wrong. The channels are already contractually unbundled. (Or, more accurately, made up of smaller bundles under separate contracts, FNC and FBN apparently being bundled together.)
Fox agreed to this arrangement, and there is an existing contract for the channels outside of the FNC/FBN bundle.
Fox has no right to change that contract. They have a right to ask, of course. But, Dish is under no obligation to agree to such a change. And, Dish have every right to insist on Fox keeping to that contract.

You are wrong. The channels are already contractually unbundled. (Or, more accurately, made up of smaller bundles, FNC and FBN apparently being bundled together.)
Fox agreed to this arrangement, and there is an existing contract for the channels outside of the FNC/FBN bundle.
Fox has no right to change that contract. They have a right to ask, of course. But, Dish is under no obligation to agree to such a change. And, Dish have every right to insist on Fox keeping to that contract.
I never said dish was obligated. I am merely saying fox is (apparently) requiring it if dish wants to keep fox news. Dish may well insist I have (say) the hallmark channel if I want AMC, on the other hand I may tell them no and hold my breath until I get my way.

I never said dish was obligated. I am merely saying fox is (apparently) requiring it if dish wants to keep fox news. Dish may well insist I have (say) the hallmark channel if I want AMC, on the other hand I may tell them no and hold my breath until I get my way.
Fox has no right to (apparently) require it since "it" is under a separate contract which is not up for renewal yet. Fox is asking for the right to break out of the other contract prematurely (the 2nd time they have tried now with the same channels), and Dish is rightfully holding them to the contract terms that both parties agreed to. How hard is that to understand?

Oh, I am still watching them. There are other places besides Dish. And what else do you hear?

Was trying to be funny in that you used to watch them. Maybe that didn't come off right.

But the reality is Fox did kick its own customers to the curb. By holding Fox News hostage to demand more for FS1 and FXX, it is asking Dish for a ransom.

Reactions: Yespage
Dish charges me for a lot of channels I do not want in order to get the few I do want. Dish bundles them in ever more expensive packages. Dish wants fox news ala carte in their negotiations from the other fox channels that fox is trying to bundle into a package. Fox has turned the tables on dish. How much is QVC worth to you? Why is it in my lineup? Oh, dish bundled it with the 10 channels I do want.

You are mis-informed. Dish didn't do any such thing.

QVC is paying to be on Dish. It is not the other way around.

Ala carte is a fantasy of consumers. Broadcasters and distributors wouldn't make any money or would have to charge significantly to have any reasonable profit.

Ala carte is a fantasy of consumers. Broadcasters and distributors wouldn't make any money or would have to charge significantly to have any reasonable profit.
Au contraire. They would still make money. Plenty of money. It just won't be as much as when they ram their unwanted channels down our throats with these bundles of redundant channels showing repetitive programming.

I'm saying fox wants their channels bundled. Dish wants them not bundled (ala carte).
Fox has as much right to require bundling as dish.
Business is run on contracts these days. Dish and Fox have a contract for the stations not FNC/FNB that does not expire for more than a year. There is no legal, ethical or moral reason for allowing the change in contract, most especially if they are trying to get more money for those other channels before the next negotiations come up.

If Fox wants them bundled, then the offer from them should be $x for FNC/FNB, roll in the other channels at the current contract terms. But that isn't what Fox wants. It not only wants them bundled into the FNC/FNB, they want more money for them.

IMO, time to tell Fox to go punt!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Fox has no right to (apparently) require it since "it" is under a separate contract which is not up for renewal yet. Fox is asking for the right to break out of the other contract prematurely (the 2nd time they have tried now with the same channels), and Dish is rightfully holding them to the contract terms that both parties agreed to. How hard is that to understand?
Fox has every right to ask. Dish has every right to say no. It's perfectly good way to negotiate.
I bought dish with fox news. Their contract gives them all the rights to pull any channel and change the lineup. I have the right to pay an etf. I guess most satellite and cable co. are the same.
Fox is using a tactic to get more for their crummy neyworks, by holding onto their popular one(s). Just like dish, cable, all the rest. You are refusing to see my point. Fox is using the same tactics.
"The right" poster-bring politics into a business discussion is a joke.

Business is run on contracts these days. Dish and Fox have a contract for the stations not FNC/FNB that does not expire for more than a year. There is no legal, ethical or moral reason for allowing the change in contract, most especially if they are trying to get more money for those other channels before the next negotiations come up.

If Fox wants them bundled, then the offer from them should be $x for FNC/FNB, roll in the other channels at the current contract terms. But that isn't what Fox wants. It not only wants them bundled into the FNC/FNB, they want more money for them.

IMO, time to tell Fox to go punt!

Opinion noted.

Going to go shoot some coyotes now.

Not sure what makes this any different from the other contract disputes we have already seen. (Other than the obvious)

If the FNC/fnb contract is still valid, why were the channels pulled?

Seems each are blaming the other for this. Is there any evidence posted anywhere?

Dish Vs Fox "don't let Dish censor the news..."
Dish Vs What Used to be The Weather Channel "don't let Dish control the weather..." (and run for your lives! now back to 'Fat Guys In The Woods')
Future skirmishes:
Dish Vs TBN "don't let Jimmy's piano go untuned"
Dish Vs NatGeo "Dr. Pol's son still needs a gig!"
Dish Vs. Spike "Don't let Dish disarm COPS"
Dish Vs HBO Comedy "It's not funny that Dish wants to keep you from laughing"

ish Vs Fox "don't let Dish censor the news..."
Dish Vs What Used to be The Weather Channel "don't let Dish control the weather..." (and run for your lives! now back to 'Fat Guys In The Woods')
Future skirmishes:
Dish Vs TBN "don't let Jimmy's piano go untuned"
Dish Vs NatGeo "Dr. Pol's son still needs a gig!"
Dish Vs. Spike "Don't let Dish disarm COPS"
Dish Vs HBO Comedy "It's not funny that Dish wants to keep you from laughing"

Not sure what makes this any different from the other contract disputes we have already seen. (Other than the obvious)

If the FNC/fnb contract is still valid, why were the channels pulled?

Seems each are blaming the other for this. Is there any evidence posted anywhere?
Seriously? How can the basic facts be this misunderstood at this point in the dispute?
Let's try again: the contract for FNC and FNB have expired. There has been no extension, so Dish cannot legally air the channels. Dish has reported and sources within Fix have been quoted as confirming that they agreed on price terms for FNC and FNB. However, Fox also is demanding that Dish let Fox out of the existing (and reportedly still valid for another year) contract for FS1 and FXX and pay more for those two channels. Dish told Fox to pound sand. No negotiations are ongoing at this time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)