Dns Poll

What will you do on Dec 1 when Distant networks are scheduled to go away?

• Subscribe to Dish Local

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Use an OTA antenna

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Switch to DirecTv

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Switch to Cable

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Do without locals/distants

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So far 54 % of the poll voting indicates that those individuals can get the net's
by subscribing to locals with Dish or by OTA which means that they should not of been eligible for Distants in the first place(unless of course they all had waivers for every single network).

You could be eligible for a DMA and still be eligible for Distants.

You also could have been grandfathered.

Of course the claim in court, was that 50% of those subscribed were not eligible.

I will save $6.00 a month. I have had 3 NY and 1 Boston network for many years. I have those same channels in my local package. Not those exact channels, but my local affiliates. It is just a nice convenience being able to watch some shows 3 hours earlier.

I don't watch them as often now. The compression artifacts on all of the SD channels has really increased, over the last several months. I spend 99% of my vewing time watching the HD channels.

Oh hell, I wanted distants to watch things earlier, or later as may be need, but I get them all with an OTA antenna and picture is better anyway, special the HD. Now I would miss my CBS HD, we record things on OTA tuner on NBC and CBS HD at same time and wouldn't be able to do that and our local CBS people can't seem to get Dave Letterman in HD, but everything else is, I have called them. Hasn't helped. Also their signal sucks at times so going to CBS HD as a backup or extra recording station is a real plus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts