Does anyone know if the Edision OS MIO 4K has DLNA capability?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just curious. It would be nice to be able to see my Edision's EHD on the network so I can easily move recorded files off of it to my PC's.

I do that now, without DLNA, I move stuff around all the time. Just map the drive to \\osmio4k\media.

Look under "Network" under Windows Explorer on your Windows pc, and you should see the Mio there. If so then map your drive as I said above.

Be aware that each recording can have multiple files attached to it, as it picks up Metadata from the web. I've seen up to 5 per recording.

I do that now, without DLNA, I move stuff around all the time. Just map the drive to \\osmio4k\media.

Look under "Network" under Windows Explorer on your Windows pc, and you should see the Mio there. If so then map your drive as I said above.

For some reason I don't see it there. Is there a setting in the STB that I need to enable for it to be visible on the network?

For some reason I don't see it there. Is there a setting in the STB that I need to enable for it to be visible on the network?

Yes, let me see if I can remember where they are. Give me a few minutes.

With NASDGR:

Menu - Setup - System - Expert Settings - Network - LAN Connection (I'm using ethernet, choose WLAN if you are wireless on your Mio) - NetworkBrowser - it'll scan and find your network devices on whatever IP address they are on. Select the one for your pc. IF your pc is password protected, you'll have to add your login id and password.

After I did that, the Mio appeared on my pc.

You need to play more with your image. Put a duplicate on one of the other slots, and have at it. Press buttons, in various screens, and see what happens. IF you hose it all up, you'll not mess up your "working" image. But you'll learn all sorts of things! LOL

Last edited:
Well, the Edision sees my PC's, but my PC's won't see the Edision. I double checked that I was entering my computer username/password correctly but no joy.

Must be an OpenVIX issue. Booted up TNAP and the PC found the Edision without even having to browse the network on the STB or enter any credentials!

Sounds like a sign as to which image you should stay on. As for OpenVix, I have that image and can see the Mio from my pc. I had to do all the same network things I laid out on each image, to get it working. But not sure why yours wouldn't work.

What you should be able to do is, enter your IP for the MIO onto your PC's URL (or whatever it's called?)
That should bring up the WEBIF page for the MIO, then click on Movies, that should bring up all the recordings in the MIO?
Then for the movie you want to copy to the PC, click on the icon that looks like an old floppy. A permission box will pop-up...
Set it to where you want to send it, then click YES

Good Luck !!!

Al

What you should be able to do is, enter your IP for the MIO onto your PC's URL (or whatever it's called?)
That should bring up the WEBIF page for the MIO, then click on Movies, that should bring up all the recordings in the MIO?
Then for the movie you want to copy to the PC, click on the icon that looks like an old floppy. A permission box will pop-up...
Set it to where you want to send it, then click YES

Good Luck !!!

Al

That sounds a lot better than the network share option. File sharing on Windows 10 is very hit or miss, in my experience. Printer sharing works *some* of the time.

I'm actually able to see my mio in Win 10 Network. I see my external HDD and the Root directories.
I can push and pull files either way on my PC. No login credentials even had to be populated.
Running OpenATV 6.2. No actual tweaking was necessary. It's just there as OSMIO4K.

The real kicker is why doesn't there exist a Linux, Enigma2, BDA type driver for these boxes.
That alone would enable the use of Media Portal. To boot, Media Buddy would let us fairly easily build an EPG.
My HDHomerun is running alongside MP on my Windows PC and Fire TV, Cube.
Lucky to have open cable channels which the ITC ones come in flawlessly.
I know a TBS and other DVB cards work with MP. And the HDHR Extend is on my LAN.

The Webif/VLC way is a PITA....doable...but still a royal you-know-what.

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts