Does Sirius prorate subscription if you change packages?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Have had Sirius for 3 years now...coming up on my 4th year this December (I think x-mas is my renewal date)...Thinking of changing to the "mostly music" option mainly to save some money but other than NASCAR I only listen to the music channels. Sure I could go ala-carte but that involves a new receiver and that wouldnt save me any money ;)

If I change today will they prorate the packages? Would I get credit for what would be a month of the 12.95 package and then charge me the 120 bucks for the 1 year of the 9.99 pack?

or should I wait until I am near my end of year package?

thanks ler...I'll probably switch here soon to the mainly music option

today on my lunch break I went through ALL the sirius channels and wrote down the ones that I would possibly listen to and its kinda amazing....Came up with about 35 channels that I would listen to and maybe 20 that I really would listen to of that original 35

too bad it would cost more to switch to alacarte :(
(need new radio)

I bought a Stratus and re-subbed to Sirius in April, then my truck was totalled and my new one came with Sirius built in... I swapped my year sub from the Stratus to the Truck a couple of weeks ago (what was left of it) with no problems and killed my XM sub and got a refund from it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)