Done with multiple receivers, but want 4:2:2 so which Azbox to get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
I am done screwing around with my Traxis box scanning for feeds, then having to figure out if they are 4:2:2 or what then if they are, pulling out the PC with either the skystar2 card of the DVB World usb box. So, I think I want to get an Azbox. I am pretty sure they do 4:2:2 and maybe blind scan?

Open to suggestions!

Thanks!

I ordered an AZBox Premium Plus it does hardware blindscan and 4:2:2. Should get it one day this week. I hope that I like it.

Last edited:
I read about those last night, would like to see a good review of the receiver. Before I spend 400 bucks on anything I want to know all I can about it, but it it does all it claims, it may be worth that.

with most sports feeds going HD the 4:2:2 feeds are not as plentiful as one thinks. An example the azbox would have been needed on 2 feeds yesterday...and one was a soccer feed that was in HD that the Manhattan could see.

Even the GDMX feeds went 4:2:0 recently (from 4:2:2)...these are the ones on 99W C-Band

The thing I think about is if it's 4:2:2 I am covered, and if it's not, I am still covered, without using multiple receivers. Anyone know of a reputable dealer?

There will soon be two dealers in the US. ;)

I would wait for the new AZBOX Me which is supposed to be out in the next few weeks.

There are offers for Azbox from China. I suspect that these units are clones and might be inferior. What do you think?

I would recommend getting one from a dealer. You will pay more, but you know for a fact you are getting the real thing, and you will have service after the sale. That Chinese eBay seller want be there if you have a power supply problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts