Done with multiple receivers, but want 4:2:2 so which Azbox to get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
I am done screwing around with my Traxis box scanning for feeds, then having to figure out if they are 4:2:2 or what then if they are, pulling out the PC with either the skystar2 card of the DVB World usb box. So, I think I want to get an Azbox. I am pretty sure they do 4:2:2 and maybe blind scan?

Open to suggestions!

Thanks!

I ordered an AZBox Premium Plus it does hardware blindscan and 4:2:2. Should get it one day this week. I hope that I like it.

Last edited:
I read about those last night, would like to see a good review of the receiver. Before I spend 400 bucks on anything I want to know all I can about it, but it it does all it claims, it may be worth that.

with most sports feeds going HD the 4:2:2 feeds are not as plentiful as one thinks. An example the azbox would have been needed on 2 feeds yesterday...and one was a soccer feed that was in HD that the Manhattan could see.

Even the GDMX feeds went 4:2:0 recently (from 4:2:2)...these are the ones on 99W C-Band

The thing I think about is if it's 4:2:2 I am covered, and if it's not, I am still covered, without using multiple receivers. Anyone know of a reputable dealer?

There will soon be two dealers in the US. ;)

I would wait for the new AZBOX Me which is supposed to be out in the next few weeks.

There are offers for Azbox from China. I suspect that these units are clones and might be inferior. What do you think?

I would recommend getting one from a dealer. You will pay more, but you know for a fact you are getting the real thing, and you will have service after the sale. That Chinese eBay seller want be there if you have a power supply problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts