Double/Stutter Image Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

svx94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2004
Once a while, I got a stutter image for all channels, and it seems many VOOMers experience this problem. Because the OTA signals suffer the same problem, it is obviously a receiver problem. Has anyone have a good solution for it? Any words from VOOM?

Cheers!

Last night something interesting was happening. I was watching one of the news network and the banner across the bottom of the screen was very jerky. I went to the 2nd TV (separate STB) and there was no stutter whatsoever. I went back to the original TV and it was still stuttering, so it wasn't something that cleared up while I was changing locations. So my conclusion is that it must be something in the
STB itself and not at the source.

All I can say is the stuttering today during movies is enough to aggravate me and cause me to cancel service.
If it keeps it up, I will have to rethink paying the $125/month to Voom and will have to take my business elsewhere.
My neighbors use Dish and they never have such problems.

Working on it...

As was pointed out, Wilt himself mentioned they're working on it. His message indicated they also thought it was an STB issue and he thought they were close to figuring it out. Let's hope so!

The Rickster

bfharris said:
All I can say is the stuttering today during movies is enough to aggravate me and cause me to cancel service.
If it keeps it up, I will have to rethink paying the $125/month to Voom and will have to take my business elsewhere.
My neighbors use Dish and they never have such problems.

Rebooting usually clears it up for me for a few days. If you are not prepared to deal with a few startup quirks, then switching may be in your best interest. I am prepared to tough it out - having experienced other services in their early days I know the problems are not that unexpected and they seem responsive to correcting them. Things have been improving and will continue to.

It's the box. Since it happens on OTA channels which is oout of Vooms control it has to be something in the box.

Bill

I am prepared to deal with start-up issues to an extent as I have done for many companies in the past. However, till they get the main bugs worked out, they should continue beta testing and offerering free or reduced cost services to customers.
I am not prepared however to pay the price of a Hummer to purchase a Tracker. I will try a reboot and see if that clears it up for a while.

bfharris said:
I am prepared to deal with start-up issues to an extent as I have done for many companies in the past. However, till they get the main bugs worked out, they should continue beta testing and offerering free or reduced cost services to customers.
I am not prepared however to pay the price of a Hummer to purchase a Tracker. I will try a reboot and see if that clears it up for a while.

Reboots do nothing for me with this problem.

GeneWildershair said:
Why did VOOM go with motorola for the STB?

This is pure speculation but maybe because of the 3 month delivery timetable. Maybe Motorola guarenteed they would do it. Sometimes quality is sacrificed for speed. Again, I'm just guessing.

-Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)