Dr.HD 1000S+ Satellite Finder SO FREAKING COOL!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you wish to edit the satellites or transponders, use any xml or Dreambox or simple text editor application. Just be sure to save as .xml. I have used several of the online and free .xml editor software downloads and found no problems or compatibility problems

My favorite online list creation tool is: satellites.xml creator

Been working with the Dr.HD engineers on a few items. Just received new firmware for the Dr.HD 1000S+ that has an additional "Reset All" for DiSEqC processors function. The meter will now has an additional selection and will reset any user saved DiSEqC settings.

The two DiSEqC reset functions are:

1. E0 10 00

E0 - Command from Master, No reply required, First transmission

10 - Any LNB, Switcher or SMATV

00 - Reset DiSEqC microcontroller

- - - - - - - - -

2. E0 00 00

00 - Any Device - Master to ALL Devices

These two selections will provide reset for all types of DiSEqC equipment including the STAB motors without the manual reset buttons! :)

Thanks again Magic Static for the DiSEqC reader device that made testing so easy!

Been working with the Dr.HD engineers on a few items. Just received new firmware for the Dr.HD 1000S+ that has an additional "Reset All" for DiSEqC processors function. The meter will now has an additional selection and will reset any user saved DiSEqC settings.

The two DiSEqC reset functions are:

1. E0 10 00

10 - Any LNB, Switcher or SMATV

- - - - - - - - -

2. E0 00 00

00 - Any Device - Master to ALL Devices

These two selections will provide reset for all types of DiSEqC equipment including the STAB motors without the manual reset buttons! :)

Thanks again Magic Static for the DiSEqC reader device that made testing so easy!
Brian, where can we download the new firmware? Does it include details on how to reflash the unit?

Al, K7AR

Sent from my moto x4 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Not sure when this new firmware release will be posted for download on the Dr.HD site. Should be up soon as it usually is up within a day or two.

Simply download the 1000S+ update file, unzip, place the file on a USB and update the meter in the System Setting menu. After loading new firmware, load a current NA satellite list created from an xml satellite list site (see post #61).

Brian, I was looking on their site for updates. Ver 1.33 is the newest release shown, dated 3/20/2018. Is that the version you were referring to? What's the diff between the EU and CIS files?

Thanks as always,
Al, K7AR

Reactions: Babadem
1.33 is the latest release, but there will be another shortly with the Full Reset DiSEqC option.

EU is primarily released focusing on Western Europe. CIS covers the independent states and Russia.

Did you try the existing RESET option in the DiSEqC 1.2 menu to clear the positions? I don't recall if the STAB motors would clear with E0 10 00

Reactions: Babadem
Very impressive unit. Still have an 8Dtek Desired meter that is functioning, but if it goes then the Dr. HD 1000S will be the replacement.

Am still very ignorant about how to interpret those spectral scans - how do you know what is what? Are the peaks individual TP frequencies, and is there any way to determine if they are FTA or not? Does the satellite beacon show up on these scans? There's a thirst for knowledge here, hi hi.

Thanks.

The spectrum display shows all signals in the 950-2150 IF range in satellite mode or 450 - 2350MHz in the terrestrial mode. The signals may be satellite SCPC or MCPC TPs, terrestrial transmissions or signals generated by other sources (interference, etc.).

In satellite mode, the spectrum display can be either single or dual polarity (handy for cross-pol optimization). The ID mode can determine if the carrier contains a valid DVB/S2 stream. This ID can be initiated automatically or manually selecting the carrier to analyze. The transport stream tables can be browsed for services, PIDS, format, etc.

The satellite beacon is a carrier and will show up in the spectrum, but the data is not a valid DVBS/S2 TS.

Reactions: spongella and k.r.
Looks like the dream machine of satellite meters. Is there a better one out there? Might be time for me to sell my satbuddy.

As for other meters out there, I have been using the 8Dtek Desired, saw it advertised in an issue of TeleAudioVision (a now defunct European TV/satellite magazine) a couple of years back. One problem with the Desired is that it won't receive MPEG-4 which I did not realize when purchasing. The Dr. HD 1000S is definitely worth the money.

Oh, and thanks Brian, for the info. The 8Dtek also has a spectrum display, which covers 950 - 2150 MHz. You can also narrow the range you want to scan. But not being MPEG-4 capable is a bummer, probably due to the fact that it's over 3 years old. Time to upgrade I think hi hi.

Wonder if the spectral scan would "see" the ADS-B signal on 1090 MHz when connected to a proper antenna.....

I hope you sell plenty of these meters Brian.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts