dsr-4200 authorization

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshrr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
I have another dsr4200C here. Its not authorized and wont even get any FP or ZK stuff without authorization it seems. I have a signal lock (7) on diag screen C for the Music Choice mux but no VCTs ever load in. I think this is a model that needs to be authorized before receiving anything? Thanks

joshrr said:
I have another dsr4200C here. Its not authorized and wont even get any FP or ZK stuff without authorization it seems. I have a signal lock (7) on diag screen C for the Music Choice mux but no VCTs ever load in. I think this is a model that needs to be authorized before receiving anything? Thanks

Yes, it needs to have been authorized in the past, or it will not receive FP or ZK. Georgia Public Broadcasting used to authorize these, and the DSR 406. No more though, since they discontinued their satellite feed over 2 years ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

joshrr said:
That stinks. Basically this brand new unused unit is a brick!

You could perhaps play around with the bdm port and get it going. However If it was me I would go for a dsr-4200v and not the c.

Can't talk much about it here. Feel free to pm.

wallyhts said:
You could perhaps play around with the bdm port and get it going. However If it was me I would go for a dsr-4200v and not the c.

Can't talk much about it here. Feel free to pm.

Yes I have the 4200v and right now it provides a great "choice" of tunes from a C-band bird! :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)