dsr-905 problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
my old trusty dsr-905 which i got back in 2003 new - today blinked out on G1 while on HBO. it said "we are processing your request" and nothing more. its showing no signal quality. in fact no signal quality on any 4dtv satellite. My fta box is getting great signal on all the sats. My C and Ku coaxes enter the 905 first then i have short jumpers into a diseqc switch for the pansat 9200 HD.

since the pansat is getting good signal passing through the internal switches of the 905 i know the 905 should be getting the same if not better signal from the sats. i am trying a reset and letting it download maps from G1 if it will.

Don't feel bad truck my 922's remote is acting real funky. Started the other day, half the keys quit working and then will start working again (on and off). I took it apart cleaned it and resolidered some connections on the board and chip. Still seems to be acting up. It's not the receiver but the remote since my starchoice remote works 99% of the functions. This all started after the power was out the other day that makes no sense. It looks like the 4d's know there time is up are dying :(

Tvro have you tried taking the remote apart and washing the rubber button pad with windex?
I am sure you have thought of that but I wanted to mention it anyway.
Terry

Tvro have you tried taking the remote apart and washing the rubber button pad with windex?
I am sure you have thought of that but I wanted to mention it anyway.
Terry

It's not the keypads cleaned them first, there is either a hairline break in a foil trace or the logic took a dump in the IC. Not sure what I'm going to do right now. Maybe Ill get lucky someone may be tossing there 4D out and I can use the remote.

truckracer - Have you checked the unit ID in the setup menus to see if it is still valid? My 920 acted the same, "processing your request", when the unit lost it's ID due to a low battery.

truckracer - Have you checked the unit ID in the setup menus to see if it is still valid? My 920 acted the same, "processing your request", when the unit lost it's ID due to a low battery.

If the digicipher decoder isn't getting a lock it will show that message. Seems like all the 4D's are falling apart :( Sad Sad days for C band.

maybe I should check mine, since the programs have all ended for the season I have been watching Hulu through my XBox and haven't turned on the 4D unit.
Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)