DSR 922

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remington

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Gatineau, Qc.
I see sometimes on Ebay these receivers for sale. From what I can read (yeah I'm behind in the news) that they cannot be used to subscribe? Is that right? It seems to be the DSR-410 now...

What can you see with these 922's these days? Are they still useful?
Thanks,

The DSR922 can be used to subscribe to programming. I have a DSR922 4DTV and I have a sub to an H2H package (Skyvision Satellite Equipment) off of X4. There are feeds on other sats that are ITC from time to time. If you like PBS programming you can go to T4 with the DSR922 to pick up the NETV (Nebraska Educational TV) feeds. There's a section on 4DTV (http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-discussion/) at satelliteguys where you can get more into.

''10' mesh dish (with post if needed)
C/KU LNB
Motorola 4DTV DSR922 Receiver
General Instruments VideoCipher II 2730R Receiver with UHF remote
General Instruments HD200 HD Decoder
2 VideoCipher Modules''

This guy selling the whole package. I already have the dish though.. but I was wondering if the HD200 HD decoder is useful, is there much HD to see on C-Band?

''10' mesh dish (with post if needed)
C/KU LNB
2 VideoCipher Modules''

This guy selling the whole package. I already have the dish though.. but I was wondering if the HD200 HD decoder is useful, is there much HD to see on C-Band?

Not much HD left except for PBS which is why 4DTV is going the way of the Dodo bird. The one provider left who makes a profit on the "old but great dinosaur" either doesn't care or doesn't have the resources to make any changes. When little dish began offering HD services there was a mass exodus of the remaining subscribers (200,000 to 300,000) leaving 4DTV in the state it is now. Which is unfortunate since it did have the best picture quality of any satellite provider.

When was battery replaced? Could be if price is low....under 100.00
More JUNK!
Not worth the money, more likey in time will end up as JUNK!
2 VideoCipher Modules''
JUNK for sure.
10' mesh dish
Should be free with purchase of 922 or maybe 25.00

Ok, that was very informative. Thanks.
I'll offer 75$, never know.

But what about the battery? Is it possible to change it? What if not? Or.. why is that important?

Ok, that was very informative. Thanks.
I'll offer 75$, never know.

But what about the battery? Is it possible to change it? What if not? Or.. why is that important?

I'd go 50 because all he can say is NO, and you can always up the price. Ask when the battery was replaced and if needed there information here and at other sites about how or where it can be done. The reason for the battery is it keeps the units ID and if you have a power outage and a dead battery then it gone and no way to reinstall it. Your receiver then becomes a dish mover or door stop.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)