dsr922 signal quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eskie12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
alberta
hi just seeing if anyone had this problem where the signal quality fluctuates from 40 to 80 and picture is digital blocking even on 80 quality on my dsr922 ,one day it was good and today it started acting funny ...any remedy for that...thanks

Some other things to check, the polorizer might be messed up, are you getting both odd and even channels? You can check by going to G4 and verify analog reception of channel 16 (religious channel) and channel 17 (most of the time a test pattern). If you can't I would check the polorizer. People say you can use a dish without a feedhorn throat cover, but after having wasps building nests and ruining my old feedhorn, I like to have one.

ok I checked all cables - checked G4 16-17 and they are good no signal loss there - checked under feedhorn no critters ,pretty clean there wires are all good and still losing signal tv is digital blocking and signal goes from 1 to 80% any other solutions to test that I can attempt

ok I checked all cables - checked G4 16-17 and they are good no signal loss there - checked under feedhorn no critters ,pretty clean there wires are all good and still losing signal tv is digital blocking and signal goes from 1 to 80% any other solutions to test that I can attempt

Wide variations in signal quality suggest a mobile source of TI. Especially if you find everything is clean in your system. Radar, aircraft, & police are often sources as well as neighbors and their activities.

I just got wireless internet installed , could that be the culprit plus what does a person do in a situation like that if thats the case

I just got wireless internet installed , could that be the culprit plus what does a person do in a situation like that if thats the case

Check the wireless frequencies and if it looks suspicious shut it off for a bit and see what happens.

mrsat said he was having the same issues so by the sounds of it he says it was due to satellite uplink or just the sat, hopefully its not my wifi internet,but I do have a media box with cat5 next to dsr922 ...huhm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)