DTE-7150 / DSR-4800

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What i found interesting is that two different DC2 modes ( C & I) exist on the same TP.

BTW, I saw a HD decoder for around $100. Still not sure about this box. I haven't figured how to save settings (if they can be saved).

Some of those DCII streams can have several different modes broadcast at one time.
The decoder I use with mine is the HDD-1000. It's like the commercial version of the HDD-200 used w/the 4DTVs. Rack-mount case like the 7150/4800. :)

I'm confused about transponders with both C & I at the same time. This doesn't sound right. Ie obviously you can get I and Q on the same transponder, but I don't understand how you get C & I? Ie I thought that the C mode was both I and Q, so I don't understand how you could use the I and C together because C uses the I phase. Do you have an example of a transponder that has both C & I modes?
However my Genpix gets a 4th mode, which I don't really understand, which is something like offset combo or something like that (can't remember the name off hand). I haven't tried using my 4200 on any of these offset combo transponders to see what it calls the mode if it does tune them. I'll have to search through my transponder list to see if I can find a couple examples of the offset combo thing. Maybe they'll be the same that you are saying are C & I?
BTW, the transponders that have both I & Q show both the I and Q channels in the same list on my 4200, while with the Genpix, I have to lock in I to see the I channels, and lock in Q to see the Q channels.

One off topic question. Does anyone have ANY idea of how they send out VCT info in the DCII stream? If I use my Genpix with TSREADER, I can't see ANY PID that has the VCT info on it. The info I was looking for is the transponder freq/SR info for each channel. This info isn't used when using my GENPIX, but with my 4200, I need to lock on the transponder, and it downloads the VCT which has the list of channels, and has an IF freq and SR for each channel. The problem is that sometimes this info is incorrect, such as when they moved some of those muxes from AMC-11 over to AMC9 due to the G15 problem. With my 4200, I could lock some of those muxes, but couldn't tune any channels, because the VCT sent me to the freq the channel used on AMC11, whereas my Genpix didn't use the VCT info. Out of curiosity, I searched through the PAT/PMT and several other PID streams, and couldn't find ANY PID which seemed to have that IF freq/SR data for each channel. So I'm confused relative to where the 4200 is getting it. Perhaps, there is some other mode that has data that isn't picked up by the Genpix on which the VCT data is sent???

I'm confused about transponders with both C & I at the same time. This doesn't sound right. Ie obviously you can get I and Q on the same transponder, but I don't understand how you get C & I? Ie I thought that the C mode was both I and Q, so I don't understand how you could use the I and C together because C uses the I phase. Do you have an example of a transponder that has both C & I modes?

It may have been I & Q modes. I was just pushing buttons until something locked. I realized it was two modes when one would get channels 1,4,5,7,8 and I had to select the other mode to get 2,3,6,9,10 (just an example). Total play time was about thirty minutes so I didn't get into it much, just making sure it worked.

I and Q modes are always together and never with C.

DCII-C QPSK 19510 or 29270

DCII-I QPSK and DCII-Q QPSK 29270

DCII-C OQPSK 14630, 11710, 9760, 7320, 4880, 3250

I and Q modes are always together and never with C.

DCII-C QPSK 19510 or 29270

DCII-I QPSK and DCII-Q QPSK 29270

DCII-C OQPSK 14630, 11710, 9760, 7320, 4880, 3250

ty photoman

he summed up what i read here North American MPEG-2 Information about dc2 (it explains the I&Q modes)
like the OP i found out by trial and error.

about battery:(if someone changed one let us know)
I took the cover off the first day i got mine because the GI-ACE number was all Zeros. thought i got a dud. then i tuned to a dc2 transponder and the ACE loaded. while the cover was off i noticed at least three jtag pinouts also.
Anyway the ACE module is a daughterboard and no doubt under the cover i can see the battery.

@putney
go to g13 and look at 3900 h 29270 and enjoy the new toy.

On the Digitrans 7150 / dsr 4800, does any one know how to change the channel when your on a HD mux with the HD 1000 hooked up via ASI?
I can change it just fine on a SD Channel when just using the BNC video out

BTW TSReader only works as a controller when combined with an ASI interface.

"•Pro: TSReader can now output the transport stream to devices like Alitrokina, Dektec and Linear System ASI devices.

•Added support for serially controlled commercial receivers. In this version support is present for the Tandberg Alteia Plus and Motorola DSR-4800 receivers. The serial control allows tuning and program selection when used in conjunction with a non-tuning source such as the Linear Systems DVB-ASI card and the SkySeeker DVB-SPI interface."

I have found nothing to explain the function of the rj45 interface.

RJ-45

According the manual I found online the RJ-45 is only 10 Base T thus it is most likely only to control the unit but not for output.

Also, the manual did not give any details on how to use this port.
:(

According the manual I found online the RJ-45 is only 10 Base T thus it is most likely only to control the unit but not for output.

Also, the manual did not give any details on how to use this port.
:(

I want it for control.

The manual says it uses TCP/IP protocol, but offers no more info. When I plug it into my router, it isn't seen, so no DCHP. I have found no settings in the menu or IP address stamped on the box.

I also can find no service manual, only operators.

Network control is my mission, my goal, my obsession! :rolleyes::eek:

Someone who has set one up might need to weigh in

I'm not sure - - - since I have no experience with this type of equipment but have you tried a crossover cable direct to your PC or MAC?

The reason I think you need a crossover cable is I found reference in an HBO setup document that goes to something called an N2 Broadband Catcher using a crossover cable.
Worth a shot anyway.

I'm not sure - - - since I have no experience with this type of equipment but have you tried a crossover cable direct to your PC or MAC?

The reason I think you need a crossover cable is I found reference in an HBO setup document that goes to something called an N2 Broadband Catcher using a crossover cable.
Worth a shot anyway.

I read that, thanks. My mac has auto sensing ports so no crossover needed.
I just used an app called server scout that sniffs the network. i believe I know the IP address. Still working on it. I'm no network guru!

On the Digitrans 7150 / dsr 4800, does any one know how to change the channel when your on a HD mux with the HD 1000 hooked up via ASI?
I can change it just fine on a SD Channel when just using the BNC video out
Same as SD, "MPG:000051" "000052" etc ...on the display, unless there's only one HD stream on the transponder, then it should change through all the SD and HD in the mux.

EURO, Thank you for the reply! What mode do you have it set to under "PROG",
I have it on DC II manual mode.

I for sure see what you mean with the MPG: setting.

It's a great little receiver! With some learning curves :)

@putney
Are you able to get the NFL Network on GB?

What a bummer, we need an ASI card to use the dsr-4800 with tsreader.
There has to be a workaround. tsreader provides many sample sources also.

Last night i took the cover off to switch rs232 cable. instructions here TSReader Serial Receiver control
(not sure what switch they are turning, but there is also a jumber)

I too am getting an IP address. in fact some of those "dancing lights" under the hood are labeled "link" "Tx" "Rx" etc. The solid lit one is "Link" and the "Rx" is flashing orange.

the battery should be as important as IP control. The XC chip on the ACE module has a date of 1998. its housing is definately intended to prevent us from changing it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts