DTE-7150 / DSR-4800

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I use Motorola DSR-4530s. Not only do they have analog video and audio output, they have ASI as well as IP output! Perfect for getting a DCII stream on an IP network. It can do unicast or multicast. I have QAM modulators that accept ASI and output RF. I have 3 Modulators, so I can have 3 satellite receivers connected to them, which I do. The DSR-4530s can do both DCII modes plus it can do TurboPSK. I have an old Digitrans DTE-7100 for sale if anyone wants it.

Hello Everyone!
I recently added a DSR-4800 to our collection of FTA receivers, have an issue here. No matter what configuration (DVB or DCII) and tuning parameters, cannot get a RF Lock. What seems odd is the SIG level meter indicates two yellow bars even without a LNB connected and never changes. There is power outputting to the LNB about 14v on low and 19v high. BER is max out and the Eb/No is low, signal varies from low to -64db on different satellites / transponders. The status display shows garbage text. Does the unit need to be reset to clear out previous settings? The vendor I purchased the unit from is allowing reasonable amount of time to test it, so trying to determine if the DSR4800 is functioning properly, and hoping it's just me that is the problem..
Thanks for any advice!
Bob
These two things in bold lead me to believe your unit has corrupted firmware, or was zapped by lightning, or something is just not right with it.
My DTE-7150 (same rx) shows NO yellow bars unless a signal is present. :confused:

I use Motorola DSR-4530s. Not only do they have analog video and audio output, they have ASI as well as IP output! Perfect for getting a DCII stream on an IP network. It can do unicast or multicast. I have QAM modulators that accept ASI and output RF. I have 3 Modulators, so I can have 3 satellite receivers connected to them, which I do. The DSR-4530s can do both DCII modes plus it can do TurboPSK. I have an old Digitrans DTE-7100 for sale if anyone wants it.
Does the 4530 do DVB in 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 as well?

Looks like no 4:2:2

Here is the SPEC Sheet on the DSR-4530

Attachments

• DSR-4530_d_063008.pdf
    175.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
These two things in bold lead me to believe your unit has corrupted firmware, or was zapped by lightning, or something is just not right with it.
My DTE-7150 (same rx) shows NO yellow bars unless a signal is present. :confused:

I agree, definitely doesn't look right.. Thanks for the response.

Just got a DSR-4810 off of eBay

I just got a DSR-4810 off of eBay. For some reason I wanted to see the inside. I have not played with it yet but here are some PIX of the inside.

Attachments

• Inside-DSR-4810.jpg
    Inside-DSR-4810.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Inside-DSR-4810-2.jpg
    Inside-DSR-4810-2.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Inside-DSR-4810-3.jpg
    Inside-DSR-4810-3.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 176
I just got a DSR-4810 off of eBay. For some reason I wanted to see the inside. I have not played with it yet but here are some PIX of the inside.

Ahh, you got that one. Please let me know if you find a way to use network control of your unit.

BTW 123ºw is hot right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts