DTV gemini

I’m afraid it’s finally gonna happen when DIRECTV switches everyone to DIRECTV Stream
If people wanted to switch over, they could.

But, as reported, Stream has less then a million subscribers , while Hulu Live has 4 Million and YouTube TV has 5 million.

Whats the difference between the Gemini box you guys are talking about and the Ospry box from about 4-5 years ago.
Aren't they doing the same thing ?

We were installing the Ospry box before I retired ... YES Installing .... even though its a Self install device, we were told to install them when we were there .... don't think they sent people out to do Just that though.

I’m afraid it’s finally gonna happen when DIRECTV switches everyone to DIRECTV Stream
Well I will guess a part of that is people like me that dont have very good internet, and thats why I keep Direct? Switching me means I move to another satellite provider.

Whats the difference between the Gemini box you guys are talking about and the Ospry box from about 4-5 years ago.
Aren't they doing the same thing ?

We were installing the Ospry box before I retired ... YES Installing .... even though its a Self install device, we were told to install them when we were there .... don't think they sent people out to do Just that though.
it's the same as the ospry box with the ability to do streaming or sat and you can dowload apps to. for me it's nothing to write home about since the genies have the signal saver feature!!!

it's the same as the ospry box with the ability to do streaming or sat and you can dowload apps to. for me it's nothing to write home about since the genies have the signal saver feature!!!
I just figured it was thier way to get rid of old stock, probably got a bunch in a warehouse somewhere.

Reactions: John2021
i wonder if the gemini boxes would work while traveling or if they would get all stupid since there not connected to the video bridge

ok so i was told the gemini box will only work at the address it's located at. so no downloading the dtv sat app and streaming your programming while camping so there sending us an H24 box for camping and letting us put it on the same acct so that we only have to pay the tv access fee. it just needs it's own dish

Someone told me they are also making a P-21 streaming device that looks like a replacement for the current Stream/Gemini C-71 box. It has 4K with Dolby Vision and runs modified Android TV like the existing C-71. Has a new, more powerful chipset. It's passed through the FCC and WiFi Alliance already, so it's approved for release any time now. Maybe they'll brand it as Gemini as well. I suspect it will be the default receiver that comes with DTV service going forward, whether you sign up for service via sat or via internet. If via sat, it'll probably be paired with the Genie 2 (HS-17). That would simplify all their sat installs, just put a single HS-17 in the home and a P-21 at each TV.

Someone told me they are also making a P-21 streaming device that looks like a replacement for the current Stream/Gemini C-71 box. It has 4K with Dolby Vision and runs modified Android TV like the existing C-71. Has a new, more powerful chipset. It's passed through the FCC and WiFi Alliance already, so it's approved for release any time now. Maybe they'll brand it as Gemini as well. I suspect it will be the default receiver that comes with DTV service going forward, whether you sign up for service via sat or via internet. If via sat, it'll probably be paired with the Genie 2 (HS-17). That would simplify all their sat installs, just put a single HS-17 in the home and a P-21 at each TV.
There is nothing indicating the pendant will ever be released. They submitted another newer box for certification a few years ago that never saw the light of day

There is nothing indicating the pendant will ever be released. They submitted another newer box for certification a few years ago that never saw the light of day
Looks like it’s just gonna be the Osprey box for the Gemini, which eventually that and the Genie 2 might be the new installation setup going forward

well i callled up for the heck of it. we were told the first gemini box was free and 7.00 a month. and after the first the second and third were 120.00 a pop plus 7.00 a month and a one year contract not worth it in my book.i only can see someone going for the gemini if there a streamer to. i told em to event a new genie. hell the rep sure in the hell did his hsrdest to switch us over to streaming!!

well i callled up for the heck of it. we were told the first gemini box was free and 7.00 a month. and after the first the second and third were 120.00 a pop plus 7.00 a month and a one year contract not worth it in my book.i only can see someone going for the gemini if there a streamer to. i told em to event a new genie. hell the rep sure in the hell did his hsrdest to switch us over to streaming!!
streamers dont want to pay a monthly fee for a box, so most wont be going for that

It just became a lot less interesting unless they'll make it worth it. I'll give 'em call and find out.
how did you make out??? we did ask about it since they wanted to shove it down out throats since we could upgrade. the rep told us it would be $120.00 lease fee after the first one wich was free and the $ 7.00 a month mirror fee:oops:.. i just told em i flat out refuse to pay for junk that i don't own unless i broke it. and i have NO intrest in going under another one year contract for something like that!!!