DTV NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually you are wrong (other then the fact that D10 could indeed do MPEG2 if they wanted it to).

The HR10 and any older receiver *cannot* tune to the new slots at 99 and 103. They don't know they exist. *THIS* the real reason why there is a receiver swapout, not MPEG4. But since DirecTV has to swap out everyone's receiver to see the new sat slots they decided to go to MPEG4 as well.

This is very similar to just like when they brought 119 online a few years ago. All the original receivers couldn't see the 119 sat. Thus I had to get all new receivers to get my locals off 119 since my old ones couldn't tune to the sat.

And you also state the 3 LNB dish will see D10. No, that's why you need the 5 LNB dish, to get the two new slots at 99 and 103 which is where D10 and D11 will go.

And one last thing, the Spaceways are doing MPEG4 only. Just HD locals and HD RSNs. Now there is no technical reason why they couldn't do MPEG2 an the Spaceways or on D10/D11 but there is no need to since you need a brand new receiver (H20 or HR20) to tune to these new sats anyway.

Not quite sure where you got your info but most of it is incorrect. :)

Bon,
You would think that this could be addressed with a software update, of course the dish would still have to be changed.

Jimbo

Bon,
You would think that this could be addressed with a software update, of course the dish would still have to be changed.

Jimbo

If that were the case they would have done it 8-10 years ago when 110 and 119 came online. ;)
There was the same issue for those that needed 72.5 for locals. I think at the time the newest receivers were updateable in software, but only because they were built with this slot in mind. But older receivers couldn't be updated.

The bigger issue with these new sats is they are KA band, not KU band like the current sats. This requires different hardware and different chips for decoding such signals. The older receivers obviously don't have this hardware.

Think VHF/UHF with TV or AM/FM radio. If all you have is an AM radio it just physically can't receive an FM signal without new hardware.

July 31st

July 31st will the price of Sunday Ticket go back up for existing customers subsequently will it go back down before the season begins?

Thanks

the early bird special end then so i'm guessing after that the price won't get lower.
Not untill the half way point. Thats when I could get the superfan pack for free. It was nice,But not worth $350 for the season for me to get it this year. IMO.My Eagles are on my Local channels anyway.Plus this year I have my Scranton locals and DNS east and west . I should get a couple more games with that as well.

Scott is absolutely right. You can get the dish no matter what, the H20 they give away like candy and most can get HR20's for free or around 100-200 bucks. But you can get free programming to offset that. I personally would get the HR20 since its the best of the fleet and nothing is better then a DVR. Its pretty stable now and is an awesome addition to any entertainment system. It just adds 5 bucks more a month in DVR fees.

Actually, all DVRs are included in one DVR fee, ni matter how many you have. The only time an additional cost is when you add a receiver. And that isn't an increase to the DVR charge but an additional $5 for an additional receiver.

At lest that's the way my bill looked the last time I looked at it. Since my credit card is billed directly, I'd better look at a statement and see if something has changed:eek:

Actually, all DVRs are included in one DVR fee, ni matter how many you have. The only time an additional cost is when you add a receiver. And that isn't an increase to the DVR charge but an additional $5 for an additional receiver.

At lest that's the way my bill looked the last time I looked at it. Since my credit card is billed directly, I'd better look at a statement and see if something has changed:eek:

You are pretty much correct with your post, the DVR fee is actually $5.99, addl. rec's are $5 each after the first.
Once you have paid the initial dvr fee (5.99) that accounts for ALL the DVR's on your account.
1- however many you have.

btw, does anyone have 3 HR20's , I am just wondering as I have two and will need something to replace the H-10 I still have working (mpeg2 only) and figured it would be more benificial than a H20 variety with all the quirks that they have had.

Jimbo

I have three and one H20, the H20 just sits in my camper. I wanted one without a hard drive since it gets bounced around on the road, etc.

The best protection plan is not breaking things in the first place :)

actually, you gave me an idea.......maybe, i could re hook up my h10 during football season and watch even more sunday ticket. hmm, must think this through! :)

I do that too, take the H20 out of the camper in winter and use it for a 3rd TV on Sundays. I have my 120" projector wall (Optoma HD70), and two 19" LCD wall mounted on the right side of the projected image for second/third games.

At least that's what I'm working towards, the mounts arrived today!

Only thing left - two new recliners, and get off my butt to install the carpet.

its not a bad idea.....i was thinking about hooking it up in the living room as i still have a component output available. however, i sorta forgot that it might be difficult (although not impossible) to watch the h10 in the living room (while the hr20's are recording) and the h20 in the bedroom.

Did anyone get the SF for free today? I tried to call 2 times, and they are not giving it to me free, they say only free to returning or new customers. What # do you call for free SF?

4th time the charm for me, i just said "cancel service" and they gave me to retention. the rep just offer me the SF without me asking for it.

Yes, I have three, bought the third one at CC. The HR10 will make a great SD recorder if you still watch a lot of SD.

Only problem with that is I think that they are still at $299 in the stores.
Thats more than I care to pay seeing it will be in my bedroom and not used much.

Jimbo

I have three and one H20, the H20 just sits in my camper. I wanted one without a hard drive since it gets bounced around on the road, etc.

The best protection plan is not breaking things in the first place :)

I specifically want one of mine in the 5th wheel so I can record easily when I am out and about.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)