DTV won me back

krynn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
woodland hills ca
decided to give DTV a second chance!!!
After having my first install. wich BTW was an install from hell!!! i decided to give DTV a second chance!!! i spoke with the rep on the phone from the advanced tech support dept i think it was. anyways she was in america and she know what i was talking about wich was a big plus!!! I spent 30 mins explaining my setup and how i should have been setup... all she could say was OMG!!! i had a two way splitter outside of my house feeding 2 boxes and another 2 way splitter feeding 2 more boxes when the tech should have given me a 4 way splitter. another thing i told her was that i needed a power inserter to send the voltage up to the LNB to keep it powered up since i have an 100 FT cable drop from the dish to the genie!!! and was refused that in my first install. needless to say she sent out a senior tech that knew there stuff... with the power inserter the system has been running flawless in the new config!!! she also stated that i would be transfered over to her dept for 4 months and she's gonna keep an eye on my acct to make sure everythings working!!!

In reality, she has No idea which Tech did the 2nd install ...
She sent the order thru and it went to whatever Load Balance Manager in your area and was divied up according to how much work they had in your area to get done ...

I am glad they got you going to your satisfaction ...
After seeing all your previous posts about it, I am very surprised you chose to go back.

Now, if you have questions, if you ask here in the future, before jumping to cancel, we may be able to answer most of them ahead of time.

Welcome back :hatsoff2

Reactions: krynn and comp9
Who knows maybe AT&T handles the CSR/installer handoff differently than Directv did and it is possible for a CSR to keep promises like that.

In reality, she has No idea which Tech did the 2nd install ...
She sent the order thru and it went to whatever Load Balance Manager in your area and was divied up according to how much work they had in your area to get done ...

I am glad they got you going to your satisfaction ...
After seeing all your previous posts about it, I am very surprised you chose to go back.

Now, if you have questions, if you ask here in the future, before jumping to cancel, we may be able to answer most of them ahead of time.

Welcome back :hatsoff2
I do agree that she had no idea of who did the install!!! as when i was having service calls it would say one tech in the txt msg and another would show up because the other one was busy or something happened to them!!! they got me up and running and i am happy that i don't have to watch a blank screen with AT&T'S globe on it:coco:biggrin:amen... And as much as they infuriated me LOL i do belive in second chances. to be honest i wasn't gonna let the tech in my house unless i got the right splitter along with the power inserter. there was no way i was going to go through that situation again!!! the funny thing is the senior tech that was sent out was called out to one of my service calls and couldn't figure out the problem. i just thought to myself why didn't he figure out the problem before!!!

After AT&T finishes gutting DIRECTV they are going to regret losing all their loyal customers. Just because they have 5 different Streaming services doesn't mean their customers are all going to buy those services. I mean the local channels are going to be a sticking point. How will former customers get those comparable line ups? It won't be easy. I know their "endless" increases" is a factor in why people are fleeing but AT&T's cost cutting and removing features from the service is part of the problem. AT&T explained their motives and were allowed to merge and wreck DIRECTV. It's a shame. There is nothing that can be done to save the service unless they sell it. I don't think it will happen.

Reactions: Jimbo and krynn
After AT&T finishes gutting DIRECTV they are going to regret losing all their loyal customers. Just because they have 5 different Streaming services doesn't mean their customers are all going to buy those services. I mean the local channels are going to be a sticking point. How will former customers get those comparable line ups? It won't be easy. I know their "endless" increases" is a factor in why people are fleeing but AT&T's cost cutting and removing features from the service is part of the problem. AT&T explained their motives and were allowed to merge and wreck DIRECTV. It's a shame. There is nothing that can be done to save the service unless they sell it. I don't think it will happen.
i prefer having a real box in front of me and not some streaming BS. if my internets go down i atleast want to be able to watch tv :wtf

last i knew ATT merged the DTV billing systems to there's and there was no more DTV billing systems
I don't know if thats exactly true ...
I have ATT Cell service and I have D* and they are separate accounts still.

ATT would LIKE to merge everyone .... Fwiw, if your thinking about that, don't, you'll probably regret combining them later.

That's a very valid point Krynn. I feel the same way. It is the very reason I have DIRECTV and my Verizon FiOS on separate bills. I would feel bad if I had all my services on one bill and may be a time where I might not be able to pay my bill. It happens from time to time. Also - Your internet could be slowed down because o f congestion or possibly because of high usage.

Reactions: krynn
And to think, ATT bought D* for the sole purpose of getting the customer base, but if over 50% of that base leaves and goes elsewhere when you destroy the product you bought, are you still ahead at the end ?

That's a very valid point Krynn. I feel the same way. It is the very reason I have DIRECTV and my Verizon FiOS on separate bills. I would feel bad if I had all my services on one bill and may be a time where I might not be able to pay my bill. It happens from time to time. Also - Your internet could be slowed down because o f congestion or possibly because of high usage.
i agree with you!!! even if your services are not bundled together. you can still loose your internets or they will throttle you down so far that it's useless to use it. my fav one is we can charge you xxx amount for so many gigs over or we can sell you unlimited for 50.00 more a month that's nothing more than greed. i never bundle anything if you don't pay the entire bill then there goes everything... though ATT is trying really hard to get me to buy into there cell phone service i'm like um no that's ok ill stay with verizon...

Reactions: Jillian2

ATT would LIKE to merge everyone .... Fwiw, if your thinking about that, don't, you'll probably regret combining them later.
i have no plans on merging anything with ATT. i just want dtv.. and i have to go through att because i have no choice to!!! yea they have tried selling me there cell service i just told em no there like why i just said there customer service is in america and verizon treats me better than att would in certain situations like billing things to your acct..

i have no plans on merging anything with ATT. i just want dtv.. and i have to go through att because i have no choice to!!! yea they have tried selling me there cell service i just told em no there like why i just said there customer service is in america and verizon treats me better than att would in certain situations like billing things to your acct..
I would consider Verizon too if they weren't so damn expensive.

Reactions: navychop and krynn
I came back to DTV this past January, after 8 years of U-Verse....long story short. I had a local install tech that knew what he was doing. Also, he installs other satellite systems, in talking with him. It was kind of interesting that he mentioned Spectrum folks in our area, have been slowly switching to DTV. I did not ask him for details. When he was done installing, the signal test strength was 100% across the entire plain. Even he was a little surprised. That's GOOD.

ATT CS dept made the transition from U-Verse to DTV, w/o a hitch and told me costs and confirmed via e-mail. DTV was installed 2 days later and U-Verse equipment returned the next day. DTV HD 1080i[p] picture quality is a bit better too, which I knew it would be.

Just saying.

I came back to DTV this past January, after 8 years of U-Verse....long story short. I had a local install tech that knew what he was doing. Also, he installs other satellite systems, in talking with him. It was kind of interesting that he mentioned Spectrum folks in our area, have been slowly switching to DTV. I did not ask him for details. When he was done installing, the signal test strength was 100% across the entire plain. Even he was a little surprised. That's GOOD.

ATT CS dept made the transition from U-Verse to DTV, w/o a hitch and told me costs and confirmed via e-mail. DTV was installed 2 days later and U-Verse equipment returned the next day. DTV HD 1080i[p] picture quality is a bit better too, which I knew it would be.

Just saying.
um-com-spectrum-rectum-asohlolard-hd-tv-internet-voice-if-anyone-18558428.png

i asked the ATT rep today when calling them. she told me that DTV is still a seperate company even though att bought them. she also mentioned the DTV does the billing even though it comes on ATT letter head. then she said DTV is still a seperate company ATT just makes the rules

i asked the ATT rep today when calling them. she told me that DTV is still a seperate company even though att bought them. she also mentioned the DTV does the billing even though it comes on ATT letter head. then she said DTV is still a seperate company ATT just makes the rules
Whoever you spoke to is an idiot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts