Edision and swapping Ku LNBs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I decided to replace the Universal Quad Ku LNB on my CM 1.2m dish. Since I pulled the Bullseye II off the C-Band dish for a C-Band only ortho, I had a couple Ku LNBs sitting on the shelf. I found a Ku orthomode feed and put it on the dish. I installed a WNC SW48 powered multi-switch for polarity switching. I changed the L.O. settings in the MIO from 9750-10600 to Ku STD 10750. My sat meter showed a good signal but I got nothing on the Edision. I fiddled around for an hour trying to figure what was happening and then it finally came to me. The Edison 22khz tone setting was not changed when I changed the L.O.. In fact you have to change that setting on every satellite you have in the list. I guess it's default setting is "band" On and Off are the other options. It doesn't bother the C-Band settings but for Ku standard it needs to be off of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)