Mio interfer whith the ASC1

Neuronics

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2019
Sainte-Therese, Quebec, Canada
Hi! this message is for Brian;
Briand i acquire a ASC1 from Roger a few years ago. My only complaint is
that the Mio interfer whith the ASC1 ( Mio touch send a signal to mouve the dish
to ether west or east...any tought!
Guy-Luc

Can you fill out the details a little better? The whole point of the ASC1 (any dish mover) is to move the dish when any receiver sends the signal to do so.

So, what exactly do you mean, or what pattern of steps are you doing right then that causes your issue?

Hello Guy Luc,

Yes, please provide more details on the issue. Many of us use the Edision OS Mio 4K with the ASC1 together in our systems without any problem.

The ASC1 receives standard DiSEqC 1.2 commands and senses voltage changes from the STB. The Mio 4K STB uses standard DiSEqC 1.2 signaling and is compatible with the ASC1 and any other DiSEqC 1.2 controller or DiSEqC 1.2 / USALS motor.

Hey! first my ASC! is not on diseq. I use it as a stand alone.Because no place near my tv.
So the asc1 is about 7 foot perpendiculair to the MIO ( 90 degre ). So almost everytime i use
the MIO ( change chanell or other fonction ) it send a signal to the asc1 and move the dish
ether est or west depending my last command to mouve the dish. ( est or west ).
I suppose the MIO sends the same code...

A few options.

If a specific Edision RCU key causes a conflict, assign the function to a different key.

The ASC1 has a remote IR lock out switch. Press the LOCK icon button on the lower right front panel to prevent the ASC1 from receiving IR signals.

Why not control the ASC1 with the STB? Personally, I would go bonkers using a controller as a stand alone manual positioner!

What image are you running? Default key assignments? What key(s) are in conflict?

The ASC1 doesnt need to be near the STB, just put it inline between the STB and the LNB (or LNBF). Some users have the ASC1 in their basement or even in an ventilated waterproof enclosure near the dish.

Reactions: primestar31
to Primestar : no coax between Mio and ASC1 ; if i block the ir i whon't be able to mouve the dish...
so not a option...

to Brian : what is aperture of the remote...maybe reflect the signal to the screen and then to the ASC1...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)