Edision Mios Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

This is kinda embarassing, but I decided to reset my Edision Mios to its factory setting to have a fresh start with my new dish.
Well after hitting factory reset, the stb booted up and froze at 49. So I decided to reflash it with the original operating system that came it came with....OpenATV 6.2.
I unplugged the stb, installed the usb with the os (changing no force to force), plugged it back in and it booted to 100 then stopped and hasn't advanced since.
Its been a while since I did a reflash and have never done a factory reset...what am I doing wrong ??
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John

Have you tried to bring it up in the WEBIF screen, and see if it's actually up and running? It likely is, but just booted to a tv refresh rate your tv set can't handle.

IF you can get to the menu's in Webif, get to the tv menu setting and change it to something standard that works with your tv set

OH, and with 4 slots, don't ever do this again on the main slot. Just flash something to another slot, and play with that. At least until it's where you like. You can always go back to the main slot that you knew was working right.

Reactions: JFOK
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your quick response.
I don't have WEBIF up and running as I never could get a wifi connection to work with this stb.
All the other wifi capable equipment in the area of my stb, work flawlwssly.
As for the settings with my TV, a Panasonic st30, I don't see where there is a menu to change the refresh rates.
I just assumed that with a factory reset, any occupied slots would be emptied and thinking that I thought I should reflash the original os.

John

Ok, I knew I was getting Deja Vu with this post. What did you do to fix it back on this thread with the exact same issue, you never said: Issue Loading SatDreamGR NA Into My Edision Mio 4K

Also, I meant changing the Refresh setting on the MIO, not your tv set. You can always take the Mio to your router, plug it in directly with an ethernet cable to get an IP address, then bring up the Mio's menu in WEBIF, and set the refresh rate on the Mio to match your tv set's ability.

Reactions: JFOK
Mike,

This is truly deja vu as this did happen when I tried to load the SatDream NA image.
I wish I could remember what I did to remedy this situation :(

John

Mike,

After spending an hour going over past posts here, trying to jog my memory as to how I solved this problem last time it happened, I decided to try loading the OpenVIX image instead of the original Open ATV 6.2.
Well that worked immediately and the menu appeared...go figure. Must have been an issue with the Open ATV image I had.
God forbid, if I ever have this issue again I'll just refer back to this post. ;)
Thanks for taking the time to help me solve this issue, its much appreciated.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)