Effective June 3, 2010, DISH Network will change pricing on select services.

Because then Charlie couldn't have bragged that Dish was the only provider NOT raising programming fees!
And furthermore the $2 increase next month X all customers is no doubt paying for our "free" HD. :p

whoopededoo. i went up two bucks. i only have one 722. so february only increased my bill by 1.00 dollar. now im going up 2 more. feb2009 my increase was way more then 3.00, and it hit at one time. at least now i skated 5 months with only a 1.00 increase.

i think its great that all the subs with a buttload of extra recievers got hit so hard. i would rather the price increase be on those who require all the cost of the extra equipment. many customers who only have a 322 or only a solo rec and t120 will have no price increase at all this year as well.

whoopededoo. i went up two bucks. i only have one 722. so february only increased my bill by 1.00 dollar. now im going up 2 more. feb2009 my increase was way more then 3.00, and it hit at one time. at least now i skated 5 months with only a 1.00 increase.

i think its great that all the subs with a buttload of extra recievers got hit so hard. i would rather the price increase be on those who require all the cost of the extra equipment. many customers who only have a 322 or only a solo rec and t120 will have no price increase at all this year as well.

...good for you.....

who cares....really? :rolleyes:

I am happy for you, but just ponder this.

When the multi receiver folks get pi**ed off and move on E will need to replace all that lost revenue, and you will be the next target.

I am still upset over my 625 going from 5 bucks a month to 17 bucks a month. ANY company who pulls increases like that has lost site of why they started ........

to fill customers needs at a reasonable cost. they can make a profit without gouging customers

so very soon I am getting a TIVO, with OTA, and download netflix shows and perhabs buy some favorite shows on DVD. if its not enough I might get comcast with cablecard

If I EVER go back to satellite it will be direct.......

So if I get AT120 plus HD plat now, then get grandfathered in, can I drop the platinum and still have freee hd w/o the $99 fee, 2 yr commitment or anything other than the $5 downgrade fee that month?

The subs with multiple receivers are subsidizing your Dishnet sub Penishead.

When they leave you will pay more. Glad you are happy about it though.

Does not appear to involve the channels I have then,

This level of increase seems just suicidal for dish, for example, RTPi, which is available FTA elsewhere, is going from 5.00 to 9.99, not just a 1.00 but a 5.00 increase which is an 100% increase, that is a joke!

International price increases come with an increase in compression levels too?
Good luck dish! So is this how they plan to pay for the conversion of the internationals to MPEG-4?

But the vast majority of International subs (any ANY Dish or DirecTV subs) haven't a clue what "FTA" even means. They only know enough to consider cable, AT&T, Verizon, Dish, DirecTV, etc.

However, in some larger cities, such as Los Angeles, there are a ton of newly available International channels available on the OTA sub/multicast channels, some are the same Dish offers. But, again, most of those folks interested in Internationals still get their TV from Cable, IP, FiOS, Dish, DirecTV, etc and don't even have an OTA antenna, and they live in very small apartments with NO OTA antenna installed by the management.

Last edited:
But the vast majority of International subs (any ANY Dish or DirecTV subs) haven't a clue what "FTA" even means. They only know enough to consider cable, AT&T, Verizon, Dish, DirecTV, etc.

However, in some larger cities, such as Los Angeles, there are a ton of newly available International channels available on the OTA sub/multicast channels, some are the same Dish offers. But, again, most of those folks interested in Internationals still get their TV from Cable, IP, FiOS, Dish, DirecTV, etc and don't even have an OTA antenna, and they live in very small apartments with NO OTA antenna installed by the management.

FTA should advertise on the channels, you can get this station for FREE with so and so eqiuptment.

charlie is getting greedy, that opens the door to competitors:)

My competitor ACCO BRANDS / GBC justr raised their labor rate to fix a 1500 dollar laminator to $295.00 for the first hour.

thats wonderful for my business I am mailing out a flyer:) my price is 100 bucks a hour

Well being a standard definition Dishnetwork subscriber I know prices will go up(they always do) but when compared to the"other guys" I receive more for my buck than anyone else(my choices are cable(Charter,DirecTV or Dish).

My 625 in my opinion is the best DVR in the satellite market with it's 2-120 minute live buffers,2 hour pause and ability to operate 2 TVs,150 hour recording capacity is good too,nobody can beat it.;)

My only gripe is the Premium Movie Channels offered on Dish in standard definition when you compare Dish's 39 Premium Movie Channels to DirecTV's dismal 31 it looks great!.

But it could be better so how about it guys,think you can add HBO Zone in standard definition?.40+ Premium Movie Channels would be better.;):rant:

I am happy for you, but just ponder this.

When the multi receiver folks get pi**ed off and move on E will need to replace all that lost revenue, and you will be the next target.

I am still upset over my 625 going from 5 bucks a month to 17 bucks a month. ANY company who pulls increases like that has lost site of why they started ........

to fill customers needs at a reasonable cost. they can make a profit without gouging customers

so very soon I am getting a TIVO, with OTA, and download netflix shows and perhabs buy some favorite shows on DVD. if its not enough I might get comcast with cablecard

If I EVER go back to satellite it will be direct.......

Just ponder this bob...you have been saying crap like this since what, November? How about actually doing something instead of climbing into every thread you can saying that "I'm leaving soon" crap. You continue to sound like DTV and all that new HD they keep promising...
No one believes your tirades anymore bob, you can keep doing them, but more than a few people here will continue to keep calling you on your bullsh*t!

FTA should advertise on the channels, you can get this station for FREE with so and so eqiuptment.

charlie is getting greedy, that opens the door to competitors:)

My competitor ACCO BRANDS / GBC justr raised their labor rate to fix a 1500 dollar laminator to $295.00 for the first hour.

thats wonderful for my business I am mailing out a flyer:) my price is 100 bucks a hour

Bob,

I always enjoy your rantings. I find it very curious that you call Charlie greedy and yet are willing to charge $100/hr for your time. Maybe you need to look in the mirror.

The subs with multiple receivers are subsidizing your Dishnet sub Penishead.

When they leave you will pay more. Glad you are happy about it though.

it costs more to start up a sub who gets multi receivers. there is more overhead cost in parts supplied and in labor installation as well. it takes longer to make a profit off of multi-rec customers.

I'm happy with a $2 increase for my Top 250 package + HD. Let's see... in the past few months I've gotten BBC America HD, DIY HD, E! HD, Fox Soccer HD, G4 HD, History International HD, Headline News HD, Investigation Discovery HD, National Geographic Wild HD, Sportsman HD, Style HD, TruTV HD, Turner Classic Movies HD along with the Platinum channels Epix HD, Epix 2 HD, Indieplex HD, Retroplex HD and Shorts HD. Oh yeah, also Univison HD and one other Spanish language HD station that I can't remember the name of at this moment.

So, 20 new HD channels, including Epix which costs $10 more a month on FIOS because it's a "premium station", and my bill is only going up $2 a month? I'm happy. Very happy.

Show me another provider that has the amount of HD that Dish has available. Even FIOS has significantly less HD channels at this point. As of right now, FIOS is missing: BBC America HD, BET HD, Cartoon network HD, CBS College Sports HD, DIY HD, E! HD, Fox Soccer HD, G4 HD, History International HD, Headline News HD, Investigation Discovery HD, Sportsman HD, Style HD, TruTV HD, Turner Classic Movies HD, Centric HD, Crime and Investigation HD, Epix 2 HD, Indieplex HD, Logo HD, Fashion HD, Retroplex HD and Shorts HD.

And don't even get me started at how much HD DirecTV is missing, even AFTER their additions in the next month that are mostly aimed at premium stations.

Granted, I'd still love to see AMC HD, ESPN U HD, Fuse HD, MLB HD and Smithsonian HD on Dish Network, but I'm beginning to feel a bit greedy for wanting more when I now look at my lineup and see at least 80% of the *real* channels available in HD (not counting junk like "The Research channel", Cspan or HSN).

Robert

Thank you. It looks to me like my bill will be going up $19, though. $2 250 increase, $2 premiums, $10 end of credit, and $5 for locals. I don't pay for locals today, I have a nice OTA setup. But it looks like since locals are available, I'll soon have to accept them- and pay for them.

All the same, you put it in perspective well.

Last edited:
Bob Haller:

Perhaps, considering your competitors actions, you should consider raising your rates. If you're too much lower than them, you might lose credibility. I presume you charge a set amount for travel time, and do not have a fuel surcharge. Customers gotta wonder why the large price difference.

Sorry about the off topic. We almost all do it now and again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)