Enter to win: Tool kit from Sadoun - Ends 3/31/09

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nope.. same thing..

Your forum is down, Sadoun! (currently anyhow)

I currently don't have one and am considering switching to FTA and OTA only so this would be great for all the new cable runs. Thanks Sadoun for the contest opportunity.

I could be the poster child for bad connectors. I use the crimp on kind and they always split so I end up wrapping them in electrical tape. Half the time they end up falling off the end of the coax. Compression fittings would have saved me a a few disque switches. They also help prevent water damage in the coax. Not to mention they look cool. So if I know all about them why don't I use them? Mostly because I don't have the proper tools. Help me out Sadoun!

I would prefer it to get rid of the cheap crimp on and twist on connectors that I have.Nothing beats a good professional sealed connector for looks and use.Any other type is just asking for trouble and keeps you on the roof alot,usually in bad weather.

Thanks for the contest Sadoun

Great for weatherproof terminals for outdoor use.

Thank you for the contest.

compression type F connector is my preferred connector 'cause it just is.....:confused:

Compression fittings are a no-brainer....and you can take that statement as gospel as I am often accused of not having a brain. :D

Thanks to Sadoun Sat Sales for their support of Sat Guys. :up

Compression F is my preferred connector for rapid, painfree installation. No wire braids to poke your fingers when you slide a crimp connector on, no hard force on the crimp tool to secure the connector (compression connector tool effortlessly completes the connection) and I can put a compression connector on a cable faster than a crimp connector.

Compression connectors are my preferred connector for two reasons. First is mainly because it's what the majority of experienced users of this forum recommend. That alone is good enough. Second is because they are so very very easy.

Third is because they make your system look like you know what you're doing even when you don't. :p

Sure would be nice to be able to get a secure, waterproof connection on all of my satellite cables rather than the amateurish method that I have been using.

Joe

This set would come in handy when I redo all my satellite connections this spring. Compression fittings look much more professional and create a better seal.

Ok call me cheap but i been using kitchen utensils :) definitely can use this Tool Kit

Good luck to everyone and thank You Sadoun

They go on quick, and stay on. I tried all the other types, they come off or don't seal properly or break or let moisture in.

I only ever had one where the connector popped off the cable. I found the F connector still on the switch after the guy ran over the cable (temporarily strung across the yard) with a lawnmower. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)