Equity RTN g10r G3c

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, that's annoying!

Hit a glitch on RTN Watching "Quincy."
it looks like a great episode, something about an epidemic, but right on the first commercial break, every time (happened twice so far) it just starts replaying from the beginning instead of continuing through the program. So now we're watching the first 10 minutes or so for the 3rd time, and chances are we'll never know what happens next!

lol.. sorry, just had to post about it SOMEwhere...

I noticed that too! Weirdest thing I ever saw. Saw the same episode on another RTN channel earlier in the day w/o trouble.

Mike

Saw something similar on Rockford Files about two weeks ago. Went black right at the end of the episode! Bad timing for sure!

CharredPC said:
Well, that's annoying!

Hit a glitch on RTN Watching "Quincy."
it looks like a great episode, something about an epidemic, but right on the first commercial break, every time (happened twice so far) it just starts replaying from the beginning instead of continuing through the program. So now we're watching the first 10 minutes or so for the 3rd time, and chances are we'll never know what happens next!

lol.. sorry, just had to post about it SOMEwhere...

Various Equity feed questions

1. The TUbe is same strength as all feeds if you have issues check cross pole
2. What channel screwed up Quincy?
3. If KCBU is in Spanish do a new search on the transponder you will also discover new feed KEGS
4. Check out KWBF-FM we have Jammin Oldies on the air
5. KEYU amd KAMT are dolby only ac-3
6. Tube is ac-3 on c band
7. Confessions is my show and I need lot's of viewers so spread the word!
8. Mash is moving to KYPX in two weeks
9. Southpark coing to KWBF
10. Sex in the City coming to KWBF
11. Seinfeld coming to KPBI
12. How many of you want HD feeds?
Gary

Gas, The tranponder that carries The Tube (11720) is pretty weaker than 11800, and much weaker than 12114.. that is what we are asking about, if there is any possibility of that power being increased..

Actually, on that note, the first time I picked it up, I think it was stronger, I was getting 60s on quality, and the next day (and ever since then) it was 40s..

HD feeds are always cool.. I can give my USB reciever a run for its money then ;)

g10r

both are the exact same but the one with the tube has more competition from neighbor sat. Peak your dish and check cross pol.
Gary

Gas said:
1. The TUbe is same strength as all feeds if you have issues check cross pole
Gary

It's been well-established that you know you've got a decent dish setup if you can get the Tube without breakup ;) That whole TP is quite low in signal. Whatever it's due to, it's been that way forever, and no peaking or alignment makes it as strong as the others.

tube trnasponder

CharredPC said:
It's been well-established that you know you've got a decent dish setup if you can get the Tube without breakup ;) That whole TP is quite low in signal. Whatever it's due to, it's been that way forever, and no peaking or alignment makes it as strong as the others.

Actually you are very wrong . The EIRP of both is the same. The difference is interference from an adjacent sat or bad crosspole . With a digital signal it is all about signal to noise and ber the signal strength matters very little.
You can blame it on anything you want but the fact is that crosspole is the biggest issue.

Ok, then it's "crosspole." ;)

YOU call it what you like, but, no offense, on receivers everywhere The Tube TP registers much lower than the rest. I won't pretend to know how the actual output power differs from the other TP's; I'm sure you're in the position to know best about it. All I was attempting to point out is that if you look through the history and old posts here on the website, it will show that we've always struggled with that TP, becuase it appears to be quite weak. It's always appeared that way, and (from what you've said) unless the neighboring sat's signals stop, it'll always be that way :no

Again, no offence. We all LOVE the Tube, which is the only reason it was brought up :D

tube

CharredPC said:
Ok, then it's "crosspole." ;)

YOU call it what you like, but, no offense, on receivers everywhere The Tube TP registers much lower than the rest. I won't pretend to know how the actual output power differs from the other TP's; I'm sure you're in the position to know best about it. All I was attempting to point out is that if you look through the history and old posts here on the website, it will show that we've always struggled with that TP, becuase it appears to be quite weak. It's always appeared that way, and (from what you've said) unless the neighboring sat's signals stop, it'll always be that way :no

Again, no offence. We all LOVE the Tube, which is the only reason it was brought up :D
no offense taken but I want to help you get the tp with good reception. Are you using an lnb or lnbf ?

I was using a .6dB Universal LNBF, now I'm using the new Invacom .3dB Universal. I use a 76cm Winegard on an SG2100 (until my 1.2 arrives next week). Honestly, though, look over the posts here. I hope the other guys chime in and back me up, but their previous posts should say it all. The Tube is one of the weaker signals out there. Until I got my Invacom, I got breakup quite frequently on that TP. I use a DirecPC dish for the bedroom TV (about 40" wide), and that can't lock in on The Tube TP at all, while the other G10R TP's work pretty well. It's not an adjustment issue, or a pole not being plumb... it's just a fact that it's weaker than the rest (signal-wise, if not actual wattage-wise) for whatever reason. Hence the guys here asking if you could turn up the juice on it... and this isn't the first time somone's wished it! ;)

As I'm getting a 120cm shortly, it's not a big issue for me. But I think alot of others would love it if the quality closer matched the other TP's; it appears that's out of your hands, no biggie.

Interference from an adjacent satellite... I'd never thought of that possibility. There's 121w, very strong, right next door. Plenty of spotbeams on that bird. Maybe that's why we get the fluctuations with The Tube's transponder. Wonder if that's the culprit?

Gas, thanks for all of the help and info! HD would be great, many of us have PC cards or USB boxes that would be capable of receiving it.

Any word on whether or not Equity will keep the Ku transponders on G-10R?

Gas said:
no offense taken but I want to help you get the tp with good reception. Are you using an lnb or lnbf ?

Gas,

We have a large variety of equipment and a large variety of lnbs and lnbfs, but what we all have in common is that the quality on 11720 is far lower than that on 11799. And just about any kind of irregular weather on either your uplink or at our sites will seriously degrade the signal.

Are you suggesting that we *all* need to go check our setups? Come on, man, get serious. :no You aren't dealing with a bunch of idiots, we are all pretty hardcore into this and spend hours tweaking and optimizing our setups.

If you look at the history of FTA on this forum, people commonly use their quality on "the tube" to measure the success of their dish pointing. Why do you think that is? 1) it's a popular channel 2) Its a b*tch to pull it in without breakups.. Several people on this board have purchased bigger dishes and/or better LNBs just to pull it in better. I have.

Interference, crosspole, or whatever ... what I suggested is that "the tube" is probably one of your most watched stations... why don't you move it to one of the other TPs that we don't have "Crosspole" issues with? Since all your transponders output the same power, it shouldn't make any difference to ya'll.

what is crosspole

I want to know what is crosspole Info I need I am willing to learn

You people are nuts. You are lucky enough to get a person (supposedly) that works at Equity to post here and then you tell him he's crazy and doesn't know what he's talking about. I rarely have problems with the Tube seperate from the problems with the other transponders. Most trouble I have is with KTWO and it's always been that way for me even before this site existed. Moderators at satforums just might be right and that is indeed interesting.

Isn't crosspoling what caused the ABC news channels to change polarities on G11 for ABSAT as it's major transponder?

MikeI said:
You people are nuts. You are lucky enough to get a person (supposedly) that works at Equity to post here and then you tell him he's crazy and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Agreed.
Some of the snide comments aren't called for, any more will fall victim of the Delete feature and warnings will be handed out.

Gary has taken time to ask for feedback on the Equity channels to make FTA better for all who post here.
Adding onto this, Gary is a professional whereas the vast majority of us here wouldn't know where to start at an uplink center.

Show some respect.

I think I am going to setup one of my 80Ps to G10R, and use a singly polarity LNBF.. and peak it out for this TP.. just to see.. I too find it hard to believe that its all of our setups, but nearby sat interference I can see...

Perhaps I can convince my work to let me use the spectrum analizer for an evening and see the real picture here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)