Equity RTN g10r G3c

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm sorry if my comments were viewed as negative, that wasn't the intent at all. I was attempting to clarify a well-established fact that The Tube is a (visibly) weaker TP. That's all :( It's certainly not worth arguing over. Moving The Tube to a TP without interferance sounds like a great idea that solves the issue.

And I'd never tell Gary he's crazy or doesn't know what he's talking about. (I've seen his show, I know better than to risk doing that, lol!) I was only trying to give a reception report from an FTA-er's point of view.

As far as I understand, crosspole is being 20+ degrees off on skew... with all the motorized setups out there, I dont really see that is being the problem, unless perhaps the skew of the transponder isnt the same as the neighboring ones? perhaps it has something to do with the 11724 Tranponder on Echostar 9? (the big booming bird that it is)

CharredPC said:
And I'd never tell Gary he's crazy or doesn't know what he's talking about. (I've seen his show, I know better than to risk doing that, lol!) I was only trying to give a reception report from an FTA-er's point of view.

Which is exactly what he asked for. I, for one, think it *critical* to point out that it not an isolated issue, that can be addressed by a few members peaking our dishes.

With all due respect, I don't think that it was quite professional or respectful for Gary to tell us "you are very wrong" in our stating our observations about the strength at which we receive that transponder. I don't know many people who would be at least a little annoyed by that. Personally, I felt like we were asked for our opinion, but then were being talked down to.

That being said... I gotta quit posting at 4:00 AM before I've had my coffee.

Peace!!!!!

snathanb said:
Which is exactly what he asked for. I don't think there is anything inherently impolite or wrong in pointing out that the the issue exists for more than one user who may need to optimize his setup. :rolleyes:

Its not what was said, its how it was said.. I am in the same boat, I try to watch my tone as much as possible..

I am only trying to halp. Crosspole is the difference in db between the two sides of the transponder v and h. The key is to null the side you do not want. It is much easier to remove noise then to gin signal and since dvb requires good signal to noise the easiest way to get a good ber ( bit error rate ) is to null. On home receivers ber is often refered to as quality. the signal level is a very worthless meter as it just shows overall signal at the frequency including noise. G10R was designed for commercial use so it is very important that everything be perfect for a small dish to work well. Most lnbf's also tend to drift a bit in frequency and if you get too far off you will get noise from adjacent sats. Alos small dishs get more adjacent noise as well.Lband interference is also a royal pain and is generally corrected with good cable ( rg-6 quad or better) . If your coax is rg-59 or single shield change it and you will see big improvements. As to the siganl level of tp1 vs. tp5 they are the same. Both use the same size dish and trasmitters and use the same power. Looking at them here at the uplink center on our downlinks they are within 1/10th of a db of each other.
Would anyone like to see some pics of the uplink center?
Gary

Oh an by the way I cant spell and spell check bores me !
gary

Gas said:
I am only trying to halp.

Gary, you're more than welcome on the forums and please don't take anything said by others personally - we all appreciate what you do (I'm a Tube addict) and G10R is by far the best sat up there for decent programming.

I think we'd all love to see more pics of the uplink center - go crazy :)

Gary,

I second that! The Tube is *The reason* I got into FTA in the first place. (Hearing that from more than one member should definately tell you something! Hint Hint)

Keep up the good work!

Gas said:
I am only trying to halp. Crosspole is the difference in db between the two sides of the transponder v and h. The key is to null the side you do not want. It is much easier to remove noise then to gin signal and since dvb requires good signal to noise the easiest way to get a good ber ( bit error rate ) is to null. On home receivers ber is often refered to as quality. the signal level is a very worthless meter as it just shows overall signal at the frequency including noise. G10R was designed for commercial use so it is very important that everything be perfect for a small dish to work well. Most lnbf's also tend to drift a bit in frequency and if you get too far off you will get noise from adjacent sats. Alos small dishs get more adjacent noise as well.Lband interference is also a royal pain and is generally corrected with good cable ( rg-6 quad or better) . If your coax is rg-59 or single shield change it and you will see big improvements. As to the siganl level of tp1 vs. tp5 they are the same. Both use the same size dish and trasmitters and use the same power. Looking at them here at the uplink center on our downlinks they are within 1/10th of a db of each other.
Would anyone like to see some pics of the uplink center?
Gary

Gary, Don't dumb it down for us... we all realize the importance of RG6 over RG59. We also realize the difference between the signal meter and the quality meter.

Again, no disrespect intented, I'm just trying to get us on the same page so that we can move forward *together*

Howdy all,
Guess its time to put my .02 in here. First off, Thank You Gary for taking the time to post here with information and to ask for feedback. We very much appreciate your efforts to improve the quality of programming that we as FTAers have available. And i for one would like to thank you for giving a clue about what has been for me kind of a mystery, why one tp on a sat could seem so weak compared to others.

It makes sense to me that s.q. would go down if there is a lot of noise being picked up in the same frequency (or even a frequency that is close) from a tp on an adjacent satellite, especially on small aperature dishes. In looking at Lyngsat I can see that echostar 9 at 121 has a tp putting out on 11724 (vertical) while the tube is on g10 123 11720 (vertical).

Now, please correct me if i am wrong. We all know that there is variations in between various lnbs and recievers, so it makes sense that a small variation of 4 mhz could easily cause us to start catching a sidelobe off of e9 (121) 11724 (v) (a VERY strong signal) when we are trying to catch g10 (123) 11720 (v), hence causing a reduction in signal quality on 123 11720 (v) while signal strength is actually quite high on that tp. whew lol

BTW PSB, thanks for the link, it helped me visualize what is happening.

On a side note, I remember a thread from last year where a member was discussing how he was able to get a higher s.q. on the Tube by stepping frequency up and down on his reciever a little until he got the best quality.

Gary,
Thanks for your participation on this forum.
If you could put in a word with Equity management, let them know how much we appreciate their free to air offerings on Ku-band. Anything you can do to influence them to KEEP this kind of programming coming our way would be appreciated. The new retro channels are great.

In regards to the previous post freqs shifting

Ok So I stepped up my lnb freqs to 10755 intead of 10750 And so far I am not experincing breakup on the tube Can be premature excitiment, it only makes a couple of minutes I have changed the settings Maybe it is alminating the interfernce from adjacent sat.. Maybe Keeping my fingers crossed

Gary

Just got on G10 today for the first time (previously watched WNGS on local cable) and was very impressed. Please keep up the good work and keep Equity on Ku if humanly possible! ;)

ultatryon said:
I think I am going to setup one of my 80Ps to G10R, and use a singly polarity LNBF.. and peak it out for this TP.. just to see.. I too find it hard to believe that its all of our setups, but nearby sat interference I can see...

Its due to nearby satellite at Dish 121...I have a 36" dish just for G10 and .4 LNB and the signal is about a 50

Thanks Gary for your input. I really appreciate it. (as do some others)

Now, to another issue. I've read through the posts from the weekend and these attack remarks WILL STOP IMMEDIATELLY!!!

As MikeI said, Gary (gas) has been kind enough to post some info (and Mike, by the way...this is the real deal :) and some of you ridicule him when he says the signals are the same at the uplink. If someone who works at the company (and seems to have a fair whack of knowledge), then we should believe him. I have no issues with the Tube TP unless its raining. I am using a 30" dish and a .4 LNB and get a solid 45 with it.

An option is a separate dish for G10 (thats what I have and it works great)

People, this is FREE TO AIR...as we've said many times before, it's FREE so we really shouldn't be b**ching when there are issues. But I guess some people have nothing better to do...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts