espnhd quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a 37" Vizio and it looks good to me. However, my Charter connection does seem crisper at times.

Good is ...well....good. It all depends on what we accept, always has. What I am saying is that it doesn't matter if you have the best set that can be bought, a FIOS connection which I think we can all agree is about the best as far as HD picture quality goes and ESPN is what it is, which is no where near what it could be. If for instance, YES is the best we get, I think it is at least for baseball HD, ESPN can't come close. Remember, we get caught up in our displays and our carriers but if the source sucks, it sucks for everyone...and ESPN in comparison....SUCKS!

Good is ...well....good. It all depends on what we accept, always has. What I am saying is that it doesn't matter if you have the best set that can be bought, a FIOS connection which I think we can all agree is about the best as far as HD picture quality goes and ESPN is what it is, which is no where near what it could be. If for instance, YES is the best we get, I think it is at least for baseball HD, ESPN can't come close. Remember, we get caught up in our displays and our carriers but if the source sucks, it sucks for everyone...and ESPN in comparison....SUCKS!

You got my vote!

The whole ESPN/ABC network is the worst of any for HD sports picture quality, to the point where it's noticeably bad. You don't even have to do an A/B side-by-side. When you see a little cloud of pixels following fast moving players around, when you see blurry images, you know someone's not spending any money on equipment or quality.

Fox, NBC, and CBS are all quite a bit better. (CBS is probably the best but that's another discussion.)

The whole ESPN/ABC network is the worst of any for HD sports picture quality, to the point where it's noticeably bad. You don't even have to do an A/B side-by-side. When you see a little cloud of pixels following fast moving players around, when you see blurry images, you know someone's not spending any money on equipment or quality.

Fox, NBC, and CBS are all quite a bit better. (CBS is probably the best but that's another discussion.)

CBS has been top notch for many years now !

Good example tonight:

ESPN2, USC and UK, looks pretty good

Switched over to ESPNU, UF and Miss St, at halftime,and it's asstastic.

Good example tonight:

ESPN2, USC and UK, looks pretty good

Switched over to ESPNU, UF and Miss St, at halftime,and it's asstastic.
Definitely agree. Wisconsin vs OSU looks great as well, and the afternoon Nebraska vs Texas game(ABC affiliate) was pretty solid as well.
FSU vs BC looked pretty lackluster earlier today though

not the best especially when compared to NFL or network feeds but it looks good; meaning its not terrible; just not the best

Another smart :rolleyes: thing ESPN did last night, was scroll results from UFC 120 (London earlier in the day), while it was SHOWING on Spike. Morons.

Wow compared to Dish it rocks

Just switched from Dish on Friday and the PQ on every HD channel is significantly better, but none more so than ESPN. On Dish, it was so compressed and pixelated, but with Direct, it's much better, actually rivaling the networks. This is on a 92" projector so it's pretty easy to see the difference.

Seems the ESPN hd pq has improved. Lot less noise on all of the ESPNs. Someone posted on AVS about the change a few days ago and exactly what ESPN has done to improve the PQ. At first I didn't notice any change but watching today I clearly see a change for the better. Very close to NBC hd (tops in my area on live sports.)

Maybe Scott can ask his ESPN neighbor about the change.:)

Hey EWL; I am thinking about getting the 50" version on the Pany you have listed in your SIG and was just wondering what your overall thoughts were on the display? AND if you don't mind me asking what you paid and if that was online or retail so I can compare current prices. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts