espnhd quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's a nice set, I mean hard to beat for the price. My biggest complaint would be the lower Gamma, around the 1.9 to 2.0 range. They did this to increase brightness, but I wish they'd have stayed around 2.2-2.3.

I bought my 58" in Aug for $1500, then it went to $1200, and now seems to hit sales around $1000. I imagine the 50 is a steal. I enjoyed it disc calibrated, before Gregg made it over to calibrate the set with a meter, and have not missed the LED LCD I sold. I am a plasma guy though :)

yep.. its about $700. I am debating it versus yet another HD projector. I have the wall space and throw distance and the price is also right so its a tough choice for me.

To me it has been like getting a few more hd channels with the change in pq on the ESPN Hds.:)

The big test will be MNF tonight which has been awful up to this point. Always seem to have more digital noise on MNF than any event.

To me it has been like getting a few more hd channels with the change in pq on the ESPN Hds.:)

The big test will be MNF tonight which has been awful up to this point. Always seem to have more digital noise on MNF than any event.

Tiger,
I'm just curious, what set are you watching on ?

LOL me too..

Hey Tiger, Dfergie and Jimbo... Just picked up another FPTV for my bedroom. Was a great deal so had to do it. Will add it to my SIG when it gets here. I am hoping to get about a 92" - 96" image in there with the minimal throw distance I have.

ACER H5360

Good deal Charper!!

You will never want to leave your bedroom. lol

LOL me too..

Hey Tiger, Dfergie and Jimbo... Just picked up another FPTV for my bedroom. Was a great deal so had to do it. Will add it to my SIG when it gets here. I am hoping to get about a 92" - 96" image in there with the minimal throw distance I have.

ACER H5360

96" in the bedroom !
And friends and family are floored when they see my 60" Pioneer elite in the LIVING room.
Fwiw, my 42" is in my bedroom.

Not a bad deal & 3D ready... I have a 110" Mitsubitsi HC 3800 in my Bedroom... I love it... :D (use with WD box, PS3, Toshiba HD DVD & Dish with 5.1 sound) watched last weeks game on my HC1500 in the HT at 73" it looked pretty good (Directv, Sony BD & Toshiba HD DVD player in there with 7.1 sound)

Jimbo said:
96" in the bedroom !
And friends and family are floored when they see my 60" Pioneer elite in the LIVING room.
Fwiw, my 42" is in my bedroom.

I got the Elite 151. Blacks are awesome on the Pioneer but nothing beats a cinema experience like a big screen.:)

charper. That projector has been getting some really good reviews. I have read some people refer it to the new JVC for watching 3D.

Good deal Charper!!

You will never want to leave your bedroom. lol

I am hoping the young ladies like it too..

I got the Elite 151. Blacks are awesome on the Pioneer but nothing beats a cinema experience like a big screen.:)

charper. That projector has been getting some really good reviews. I have read some people refer it to the new JVC for watching 3D.

I hope is works out, it was too good a deal to pass up. I have a 42" in there now that will be sold out to one of my gal-pals to have HD in her bedroom.

Tiger,
We have the same sets !!!

MNF is noticeably better. A little soft but a lot less noise.

Jimbo. Love my Elite!!
TV makers are still playing catch up.:)

MNF is noticeably better. A little soft but a lot less noise.

Jimbo. Love my Elite!!
TV makers are still playing catch up.:)

Panasonics will be the ones to profit next, the Pioneer engineers went to work with Panasonic from what I've been told.

Also, heard a little rumor that Pioneer may get back into the TV business in a few years.

Prices of product drop as more product is available ....

Maybe Panasonic makes the panel and Pioneer does the electronics ?

Maybe Panasonic suddenly comes out with a Panasonic Elite line !

Yes, Tiger, I too LOVE my TV !!!
It's a 60" Pioneer Elite Pro 151HD, I gotta believe it's the same one you've got.

The 42" in the bedroom is a little older model, but still a Kuro, believe it's the 42" PRO 950HD

Jimbo said:
Panasonics will be the ones to profit next, the Pioneer engineers went to work with Panasonic from what I've been told.

Also, heard a little rumor that Pioneer may get back into the TV business in a few years.

Prices of product drop as more product is available ....

Maybe Panasonic makes the panel and Pioneer does the electronics ?

Maybe Panasonic suddenly comes out with a Panasonic Elite line !

Yes, Tiger, I too LOVE my TV !!!
It's a 60" Pioneer Elite Pro 151HD, I gotta believe it's the same one you've got.

The 42" in the bedroom is a little older model, but still a Kuro, believe it's the 42" PRO 950HD

Yep. The same 151. Had it calibrated by Jeff Meir.
The Panasonic's are getting close. May catch up this year or next. The blacks on the Kuro are still a bit ahead.

dfergie said:
You want quaility, I got my HD Distants back in November, CBSHD out of NY compares pretty good with the OTA version available here...

I doubt there are any sub- channels to deal with on the distants?

So what was the verdict, I went to see Tron?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts