Excellent Credit = $300 Credit fee???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

serrels

Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Maryland
Hi, I was in the process of ordering DirecTV through Verizon and after the credit check I was told (online) that I would be charged a $300 fee for my credit rating... But my wife and I have very good credit. Does every new customer get this fee or am I missing something?

I had a $200 years ago when I signed up and my credit isn't the best. That sure does sound odd that they want $300 from someone is great standing.

Hi, I was in the process of ordering DirecTV through Verizon and after the credit check I was told (online) that I would be charged a $300 fee for my credit rating... But my wife and I have very good credit. Does every new customer get this fee or am I missing something?

they only charged me fifty dollars and i have horrible credit.

If you do have good credit the $300 fee does not sound correct. The issue could be if you don't have any active credit currently that can also throw up red flags on credit checks.

I would also grab a free copy of your credit report and verify that there are not things on there that shouldn't.

My Credit score is 740 . Never got a fee. But it is wise to have your credit report checked. Check the Big 3 . They make mistakes. I found one on mine about 8 years ago.

This is new territory for Directv. Their standard seems to change. Early on they got hosed by signing up anyone with a pulse so they tightened things up until subscriptions went down. Then they started adding obligations to maintain service into the future. Try canceling the order and reapplying later with a different sales entity.

Joe

I think I'm missing something.

Based on your credit score they just charge you a "fee" you'll never get back ?
or
Do you mean they pre-charge $300(or whatever) to one of your credit cards to cover the installation fees and subscription costs ?

I think I'm missing something.

Based on your credit score they just charge you a "fee" you'll never get back ?
or
Do you mean they pre-charge $300(or whatever) to one of your credit cards to cover the installation fees and subscription costs ?

The "fee" is more like a deposit. It's separate from the installation fees and all that. It's refunded to me $5/month for 60 months. If I decide to cancel my service, the remaining deposit is forfeited. That does not sit well with me.

I just checked my FICO... it's 792. What gives? Maybe I should call and see what Verizon or DTV says about it. I just wanted to see if anyone here knew more about it as there is no mention of credit score fees or whatever on the DTV website. Thanks everyone!

note sure where 300 comming from DTV highest fee is 200.
Not True, It is $300, I know cause I paid my sister in laws hook up from D* Just 1 month ago.:)
They Charged her a $300 deposit, Thats returned in $5 credits Plus the $99 extra for the addtional HD receiver.
Her credit score is a 590.:(

It could be a bundling issue through Verizon. I would call DirecTV directly and see what the issue is.

I just checked my FICO... it's 792.

Sorry man, "But that's gold Jerry, gold". I don't know who you ordered it through but near perfect credit scores don't get hit with $300.00 fees. If you checked all three Credit Bureaus (It's possible one out of the three could have a disastrous number) & that's your average it's time to escalate your order up the food chain to a manager. Heck, offer to fax them your full credit report........750's+ earned their stripes & you should get to the bottom of it.

note sure where 300 comming from DTV highest fee is 200.

Only Standard Recievers = $200
DVR or HD or HD-DVR = $300

While the fee typically means a problem with credit, it could also be some other issues which would cause a "no hit" situation (no credit of credit):
* They may have your first or last name misspelled
* Did you give them the same address that you have credit records at (i.e. the same address on your credit card statements).

For people that have a high credit score, the above fees are usually caused by data entry errors that you may be able to correct. Once corrected, they can re-run your credit history and you may get around the fee.

Not True, It is $300, I know cause I paid my sister in laws hook up from D* Just 1 month ago.:)
They Charged her a $300 deposit, Thats returned in $5 credits Plus the $99 extra for the addtional HD receiver.
Her credit score is a 590.:(

We dont charge deposits .... They are customer fees.

so are you saying it was 300+99 = 399 she laid out front.

We dont charge deposits .... They are customer fees.

so are you saying it was 300+99 = 399 she laid out front.
$399 is what I layed up front for her.:(
You work for D* this shouldn't be anything new.

This has been a standard practice as long as I can remember.
They Used to make you Pay 2 months programming ahead years ago as a deposit. Now Its a 2 or $300 Fee.

I know People who have paid Over $500 For service.
Thats a $300 Deposit and $199 + taxes for his 2nd HDDVR.

Bottom line they Do charge customers with Poor Credit a Deposit of $300.
$200, I can't say, Ive never seen that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)