Fathers Day trip

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just got back home and back to dial-up, but it is faster on the old desktop than it is on ther newer HP laptop. Thank you ACRadio for the caution on the legs, and thanks again VOOMVOOM for the links and information. I am not going to compete for the furthest drive to pick up dishes, especially when the distance per dish is so low! This trip was 32 miles per dish. The C-Band trip was a hugh 73 miles per dish. Thomas, you still hold the known record!! Even adding both trips together only gives me 800 miles round trip! And the wonderful SatGuy WE got to meet in person - and share our Cheez-its with! My wife doesn't like to get left out. She enjoyed the trips, also.
Now lets see... I am leaving soon for Sacremento CA to pick up some receivers - ah, but that is only going to be about 2,080 miles total - still can not top Thomas! AND HE GOT A BIRDVIEW!

I got home last night unloaded the motorhome and got on the forum with my desktop computer. I soon got a warning that an ActiveX module was attempting to change my comunications settings and had copied 200K form my computer. Then the firewall shut me down. I was able to get back on and reported the problem, but the monitoring system said my virus definitions had been changed. I logged out here and tried to update the definitions, and McCaffe program was gone!

So, I removed all sensitive information from this machine and got back on now to read the replies. Thanks to all. I will be ordering the legs and the clamp. The picture looks like a standard lnbf rather than Channel Master's but either way, I can make it work. I will post more information in a couple of weeks when I get the parts and get a 3" post up to hold it. I am going to start mounting the 75Es tomorrow. Will take some pictures and try to post them.

You know pop my son would have eaten you guys out of house and home if we would have stuck around longer. :) It was great meeting you and your wife. What a great couple. :p

RV1pop, be sure to order the correct legs. As ACRadio mentioned, the ones in the links above are for the transmit/receive dishes, and do NOT resemble the ones on the dishes you and I have. The legs you want are round poles on both ends, one end is not flattened as in the pics in the above links.

The attached picture shows similar poles on my 1 meter Channel Master. The 1.2 uses the same style, but a bit longer.

Attachments

• CMFeedPoles.jpg
    CMFeedPoles.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
RV1pop, be sure to order the correct legs. As ACRadio mentioned, the ones in the links above are for the transmit/receive dishes, and do NOT resemble the ones on the dishes you and I have. The legs you want are round poles on both ends, one end is not flattened as in the pics in the above links.

The attached picture shows similar poles on my 1 meter Channel Master. The 1.2 uses the same style, but a bit longer.

The legs for the 1.2m dish from Future Vision are the correct legs for his dish. I have bought several from them and they all were correct. The feed support legs for a 1.8m CM dish has one pole with a flattened end.

The legs for the 1.2m dish from Future Vision are the correct legs for his dish. I have bought several from them and they all were correct. The feed support legs for a 1.8m CM dish has one pole with a flattened end.

They also make a set with a flattened end for a 1.2 meter...I have one. It is a transmit-receive dish with a support arm for the BUC...I was just going by what was pictured.

You know pop my son would have eaten you guys out of house and home if we would have stuck around longer. :) It was great meeting you and your wife. What a great couple. :p
You have a wonderful, hard working, observant son! :eurekaWe had about two gallons of beef stew/soup, so I think that would have held him over.:hungry: We have seven kids and 12 grandkids, so we are prepared to, and do enjoy feeding people. :hungry: .

Thanks again. The pressure washer and a little solvent has removed the decals. I am removing the tin dish and replacing it with a 75cm, so I can take the tin one with me to CA. Going to stop by SatelliteAV and have them look at it. I will not try to use it again here, but might set it up in town for someone.
Thanks again,
POP

TRON, is the bend angle in the bottom leg on the 1M the same as for the 1.2 M? It looks like it might be. I have the 1M I could copy which might save me a little money if the dish does prove to be badly damaged. The crack is along one side about 1 to 2 inches in, the dish does flex there some. The edge is cracked but does not seem to flex, so if it works, I will reinforce the back while holding the front in place.

I will be sure to talk to someone rather than just ordering on the net so I am sure to get the right legs. Thank you all.
POP

POP, I may be wrong, and you probably already know this, but those support tubes appear to be made from electrical conduit (1/2" EMT?). If you could get your hands on a conduit bender, and someone could provide you with some pics/measurements/tracings those things would be easy to make. Good luck and please put up some pics when you can. :)

Thanks, phlatwound, I have the conduit and the bender. That is what I was going to try to do. If the angle on the bottom one is the same, Then I can find the hot spot and bend the side ones to fit. I have a GOOD 1M to copy if they are the same.

Thanks, phlatwound, I have the conduit and the bender. That is what I was going to try to do. If the angle on the bottom one is the same, Then I can find the hot spot and bend the side ones to fit. I have a GOOD 1M to copy if they are the same.

I figured you had a plan, good deal. If you get good at making them, next time you are in Springfield I'll let you try to make one for this one, it's got a crack in it also. :D

Attachments

• Sat Dish DTN.JPG
    Sat Dish DTN.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 130
RV1pop, the bend angle APPEARS to be the same, not entirely sure on that one though. The legs are a bit longer. You'll also need the part they refer to as the "junction" (which is the feed assembly holder).

If Popcorn got the correct legs when he ordered, you'll be okay. They're probably just using a stock picture which has the flattened poles in the link. Also, since Andrew bought out Channel Master, I believe the design of the feed assembly has changed on the newer (Andrew) versions of this dish. Just be sure to specify that the dish you have is a pre-Andrew Channel Master TVRO dish (receive-only).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)