Favorite Android Apps

Just downloaded dolphin hd browser. Kinda cool! Anybody else try it yet?

I downloaded it back in the Android 2.0.1 days to try multi-touch, but did not like it, and uninstalled it. I own xScope which is another good browser, but I tend to use the stock webkit browser.

I've had dolphin for awhile now. Honestly I don't know enough about it's features to know whether its any better or not. I like the blue color scheme of it. I tend to not use the browser unless I absolutely have to. Having to zoom in to read pages that are not set up for mobile browsing is a pain, and I'm 46 years old having to use reading glasses for everything now. Pain in the butt, but Dolphin is my default browser.

I've had dolphin for awhile now. Honestly I don't know enough about it's features to know whether its any better or not. I like the blue color scheme of it. I tend to not use the browser unless I absolutely have to. Having to zoom in to read pages that are not set up for mobile browsing is a pain, and I'm 46 years old having to use reading glasses for everything now. Pain in the butt, but Dolphin is my default browser.

We'll get the walker out for you old man. ;)

Compared with checking the web on a Palm Treo with a pathetically small screen, web browsing on the droid - using full sites and not mobile ones - is a breeze. But I think you'll find that a lot of sites automatically go into mobile ones, and they make web browsing pretty easy.

Well, download the Kindle app, and then just buy a free book through the kindle store and give it a try.

The kindle app is really no different than the e-reader.com app I used to use on my Palm and Samsung omnia. Its do-able, but not as nice as using a real kindle.

Ok, got it and so loving it! I will make this work for me until I can bribe hifi to buy me a real kindle. Mostly I like it because I can read in bed without having to hold a huge book.

I'm close to going back to a regular browser for satguys, Tapatalk is hanging and stuff reading from the site more and more frequently, and it's fine on droidworld and other sites I browse randomly with it. Really frustrating.

It's probably to the point where I am not sure I'd recommend people buy it anymore.

I often find I have to wait for pages to load in tapatalk, but I rarely if ever have a force close. I use it for satguys and for droidforums.net. I have a few forums listed as favorites and use it to check up on them. Otherwise, I still use the stock browser for general checking of the site.

It rarely if ever force closes, I just find myself sitting there waiting on it to process when before it was faster than browsing via the mobile browser. Because of all the extra random wait times, a mobile browser may be faster even with ads and stuff loading, there's really no excuse. I don't really have this problem at mydroidworld and other random sites.

It rarely if ever force closes, I just find myself sitting there waiting on it to process when before it was faster than browsing via the mobile browser. Because of all the extra random wait times, a mobile browser may be faster even with ads and stuff loading, there's really no excuse. I don't really have this problem at mydroidworld and other random sites.
Very true for what ever reason this site is the slowest with tapatalk for me.

I downloaded laputa tonight. It's like a library. I like it so far. I downloaded a couple of new James Patterson books I haven't read yet. At this rate, I won't have to go back to the library for awhile. Woohoo!!

I'm probably late to the party with this one, but I just discovered the voicemail benefits of Google Voice. My dad's EVO had email-style voice mails (as opposed to having to dial in and go through all the button prompts) and I wanted that same functionality on my N1, not realizing that I'd get that and more with Google Voice. If you haven't checked this one out yet you owe it to yourself to give it a look.
Google Voice - Features

I have setup my Google Voice to show my GV # when someone calls it and then put it as one of my Friends and Family Numbers so now all calls to that number are free minutes. ;) :D

I downloaded laputa tonight. It's like a library. I like it so far. I downloaded a couple of new James Patterson books I haven't read yet. At this rate, I won't have to go back to the library for awhile. Woohoo!!

You do realize the books you download from "blazer" are NOT the real books, but copies, and not even good copies. I downloaded the app, and then downloaded a few books, I tried Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol; which I have on my Kindle (and on my Droid); not the same. Its like somebody tried to rewrite the story, and not very well.

I promptly went to the app manager and uninstalled it.

You do realize the books you download from "blazer" are NOT the real books, but copies, and not even good copies. I downloaded the app, and then downloaded a few books, I tried Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol; which I have on my Kindle (and on my Droid); not the same. Its like somebody tried to rewrite the story, and not very well.

I promptly went to the app manager and uninstalled it.
Dang it! I knew it was too good to be true. I did read one James Patterson book that I haven't read before. I couldn't tell a difference, but his writing style isn't exactly my favorite, even though I enjoy the stories. Anyway, since it's not the same, I'm just going to get rid of it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Dang it! I knew it was too good to be true. I did read one James Patterson book that I haven't read before. I couldn't tell a difference, but his writing style isn't exactly my favorite, even though I enjoy the stories. Anyway, since it's not the same, I'm just going to get rid of it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

My initial clue was the fact that the Harry Potter books were available. They are NOT available on any e-book format. And when I downloaded one, it took just 10 seconds, which made little sense given how big the book is. and then when I started reading it sounded like a cliff-notes version. :)

Try the kindle reader; there are thousands of free books; and many for just a few $.

I do like the kindle reader, but if I buy a book, I want to actually have it to put on my shelf. That's kinda silly, I know. I have downloaded a couple of free books, but I haven't had a chance to start them yet. But I do like having something on my phone that I can read, without carting a book around, which is the point.

I do like the kindle reader, but if I buy a book, I want to actually have it to put on my shelf. That's kinda silly, I know. I have downloaded a couple of free books, but I haven't had a chance to start them yet. But I do like having something on my phone that I can read, without carting a book around, which is the point.

I have used e-books for close to a decade; starting with the palm e-reader on my Palm III pda. While I understand the desire to have the actual book (I probably own 2000 books), the kindle provides so much flexibility and is so easy to use - and use for several hours at a time, that it just makes that issue go away. And for travel, nothing is better. One 10 oz. kindle and I have anything I want to read. I used to travel with 3 or 4 books, now its just so easy. And if for some reason, I don't have the kindle with me, I have any of those books on my Droid or my laptop.

I guarantee if you get a kindle, you will love it.

Where do I find these free Kindle books? Are they done through Amazon? I did a google search and I found a bunch of sites that seem to have free books, but I don't see any real way to confirm the authenticity of the books. And it looks like on Amazon there's no "free books" section and people have to go and search all around to find the books that cost $0.00. So where's the best place to go to get good, legitimate free kindle books?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)