Favorite fast food place?

Both times I ate at a local Fuddruckers I became quite ill, so I'll never go there again. If I ever must, I'll get a steak instead of hamburger. Less likely to be contaminated.

Nice thing about Five Guys is, the free peanuts in the shell.

Yeah, they are good too as well as Red Robin.

Fuddruckers.....too bad there are none even close to me.

As for where I live. I would have to say Skyline Chili and Subway.

Skyline Chili is a great choice. I usually end up overeating there, though....gotta get the 4 way and a few cheese coneys :)

Skyline Chili is a great choice. I usually end up overeating there, though....gotta get the 4 way and a few cheese coneys :)

Most of the time when I go out of the general area of Cincinnati, they have no idea what Cincinnati Chili is. :D

Yeah, they are good too as well as Red Robin.

I remember the first time my wife & I ate at Red Robin. We ordered their Portobello Burgers. The girl was shocked: "Ya'll know there's no meat in 'em!" :haha

Sadly, we must have been two of the few that enjoyed them, because they were soon dropped from the menu.

Hey! Long John Silvers is my personal favorite. Gotta love deep fried clams...
That's high on my list! Around here LJS is coupled with A&W so you have a double dip as far is choice is concerned.

And I confess to a real hankerin' for Micky-D's, especially the Fillet-O-Fish.

Also on my short list are DQ, Taco Bell, Wendy's and BK. I also liked Hardees a lot but they disappeared from our area years ago. I wish we had a Sonic. I love what they're showing in the ads and would like to give it a try.

As far as pizza and subs go, I have very picky tastes there. The places I might venture for either fare would not be considered "fast food".

But in fact anymore I try to stay far away from all of these joints. Neither my wallet nor waistline can stand much more! My veins are probably almost solid mayo and cheese at this point! I only head into these places anymore when I have two-fer coupons, and fortunately those are rare.

I'm trying to abide by the South Beach diet, "right" carbs and unsaturated fats. Hard to find either in the places mentioned above. (Subway is gettimg there, but see my above comment re: subs).

Damn - Now I'm really starving for something I shouldn't have...!

PS - As much as I love Taco Bell, I'd hardly call that "Mexican"... TexMex maybe.

I had my first taco - US style - as a teenager at a similar place "Taco Hut" in the Pgh. area. It was 19-cents if memory serves! They made their tortillas on site. Good for the neighborhood. Besides providing quick grub and jobs for us teenagers, our stray dog and cat population diminished considerably. We were never quite sure if it was because they were eating the food (out of the garbage), or they WERE the food. (JK, of course!)

Any Mexican worth his habanero sauce wouldn't be caught dead in a place like that...!

Last edited:
Fuddruckers.....too bad there are none even close to me.

As for where I live. I would have to say Skyline Chili and Subway.

they've been closing down some locations here in south florida. I haven't gone in many years and don't plan to ever go again.

I always get sick after eating at Skyline. They have some of the worse food in the world IMO.

Burger&Fries: In and Out Burger (White Castle- late at night when back in St.L
Mexican: Chipotle or Baja Fresh
Fish: Long John Silver's
Chicken: El Pollo Loco (Grandy's when I was in north TX)
Sandwich: Scholtzkie's

the best fast food place was rax, blew arbys out of the water but sadly not many rax around, i think threre is a few in ohio only now

oh my god I forgot rax...use to be one in Burnsville (Hwy 13 off 35W next to Taco Hell by what was that kiddy carnival area and Sams Club). Use to go there all the time :)

I love a Big Mac and fries, Subway, and Long John Silver's (but I never get to eat there). It's WI, where the fish fry rules on Friday nights. I saw one LJS in Milwaukee, but it was just the building left after the store closed.

I don't consider Fuddrucker's to be fast food. They were sit-down dinners where I went.

I haven't even heard of 80% of the restaurants named in this thread!! And a couple I've heard of but never seen or eaten there. Interesting!

Portillos for the burgers,beefs and dogs, Culvers for the burgers and chicken fingers and Dairy Queen for the spicy chicken and ice cream of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)