February 2011 Price Increases

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only advantage of switching from Total Choice Plus to the curent Choice Extra is the ability to manage your programming online. The channels are essentially the same.

With the price increases they are within $1 of each other.

If the maintain what they did the last two years, next year they will be the same price and the grandfathered advantage will essentially be eliminated, which I would expect is their plan.

The only advantage of switching from Total Choice Plus to the curent Choice Extra is the ability to manage your programming online. The channels are essentially the same.

With the price increases they are within $1 of each other.

If the maintain what they did the last two years, next year they will be the same price and the grandfathered advantage will essentially be eliminated, which I would expect is their plan.

I think for myself that keeping my current grandfathered package of Plus HD-DVR is a better deal, even with the price increase of $3.00 (79.99 to 82.99). I don't believe there is a current package that has either HD or the DVR service included, and are both added ala carte. Please correct me if I am wrong. Also not sure which current package offers similar programing as the Plus HD-DVR package.

I think for myself that keeping my current grandfathered package of Plus HD-DVR is a better deal, even with the price increase of $3.00 (79.99 to 82.99). I don't believe there is a current package that has either HD or the DVR service included, and are both added ala carte. Please correct me if I am wrong. Also not sure which current package offers similar programing as the Plus HD-DVR package.

Plus HD-DVR goes to $83
Choice Xtra goes to $66, plus $17 HD/DVR fees = $83

Previously Plus HD-DVR Package was $1 less than the non-bundle, but with the $3 increase instead of $2 it will be the same come February.

Looks like my bill is going up $15.00. If my memory serves me right this is the largest increase for me since being with Direct.

bwarning said:
Looks like my bill is going up $15.00. If my memory serves me right this is the largest increase for me since being with Direct.

Explain how, without you making changes, unless you have BUNCH of recvrs.

yikes, an increase in $6 on my bill. not too pleased by this, but its something you have to deal with(Comcast screwed me over a lot more this summer)

And they wonder why people are cutting cable/satellite and moving to IPTV like Hulu, Netflix etc...

Quote Originally Posted by bwarning View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Explain how, without you making changes, unless you have BUNCH of recvrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi 6.1 View Post
Yea , like 13. I doubt that! and he would have to subscribe to HBO!

Quote Originally Posted by bwarning View Post
12 receivers total HBO, and a grandfathered package.

I love this site .. :no

Says the guy with NOTHING to add.

I agree..with comcast thats one area they get yea--memo to Direct dont go that route!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.