Final Conversion Instructions for all models at 4DTV Online

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OC= Old Category - monthly keys no longer valid
ZK=Zero Key - wide open DC 2 ITC
FP=Fixed Process - like a preview mode ITC but box had to have been subbed at one point.
U=Universal - ITC but must have an an active sub on that SAC to decode.

Its best to look at the pdf at my site.

4DTV Online said:
Conversion Update... 1/9/2011

4DTV Online has learned that if your 922 has a serial number of 0428126085005406 or later you may have conversion issues. This is due to issues with those newer receivers can not accept the HITS Commercial 4160 datasteam.

My S/N (0428126063004969) is earlier but I still can't receive hits. I hope it also fixes my problem.

I tend to agree with you. Serial number not in the suspected range, but each time I go through the clearing of the provider, DCII light stays on, (proper channel), and then returns back to the old provider if after a very long wait, and repeated (within reasonable time) re-authorize and re-hit from websams, I reboot the receiver. It's just not "taking" and unless I am not able to read English and follow the order of events on TVPRO's site, I'm doing it all properly. My DMX disappears and staus on DMX goes to "US" and my status on the infamous channel 216 goes to ZK then immediately to "xs."

This is the main reason why, aside from preserving the tiles for moving FTA, I'm SUPER GLAD I got a 410 and decided this part would be a hobby, and the "entertainment" part would remain uninterrupted.

I'll give it awhile and try the "fix"..and look for more advice here, as it is always good. After a certain point, however.... if the new positioner that just arrived works under the RF I have near me, my 922 will head for a new owner as just a satellite positioner. Planning ahead allowed for a stationary dish for my DSR-410.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4DTV Online said:
Conversion Update... 1/10/2011

It has been reported that Conversions are now working on receivers that wouldn't take. Motorola fixed a bunch of issues today. All receivers should take a conversion now.

When I looked at the revised (Jan 10, 2011) alternate procedure on Skyvision, the steps for my situation (channels equal to 4782, correct X4), the steps were the same steps I've done several time before. So before doing it again I just went to webSams and did an activate/rehit on my receiver. Sure enough the trip counter now incremented by 5, all channels in my new package appeared, and schedule populated after about 15 minutes. Still have all satellite tiles. NOTE: I DID NOT activate the separate H2H_GUIDE - the schedule appears to be included in my subscription.

Thank you everyone?

(channels equal to 4782, correct X4)

My screen is exactly the number, but...I've seen references to the "correct" X4 numerous times. Correct me if I'm wrong, but (in my case) if X4 had DCII lock on the W5 position on the 216 or the DMX channels, then it has to be the correct one....right? Meaning, even though I've kind of given up on conversion, the POTENTIAL is still there? That was the only variable left was getting the X4 tile after the final day the stream was supposed to be up, and grabbing it from W-5 at that time. Maybe someday I can revisit the potential of the change? I've also noticed some mention rehitting their "services." Is the guide enough of a service (since it goes through the 0 dollar credit card routine anyway) to activate and verify with the 922, or do we need a single channel to push to the receiver? I've not seen any hits at all via websams, maybe its because only the guide is authorized?

Last edited:
My screen is exactly the number, but...I've seen references to the "correct" X4 numerous times. Correct me if I'm wrong, but (in my case) if X4 had DCII lock on the W5 position on the 216 or the DMX channels, then it has to be the correct one....right? Meaning, even though I've kind of given up on conversion, the POTENTIAL is still there? That was the only variable left was getting the X4 tile after the final day the stream was supposed to be up, and grabbing it from W-5 at that time. Maybe someday I can revisit the potential of the change? I've also noticed some mention rehitting their "services." Is the guide enough of a service (since it goes through the 0 dollar credit card routine anyway) to activate and verify with the 922, or do we need a single channel to push to the receiver? I've not seen any hits at all via websams, maybe its because only the guide is authorized?

if you can lock x4 216 and your dmx is in the 900's you have the correct x4 map. the x4 map is still being sent on w5. the updated skyvision instruction confirm that it can be mapped by tuning w5 603 or by tuning g0 10 @ w5. the guide is all you need for a rehit as that is how i converted my 3 units. your emm must show 0 to get a hit from websams. you can no longer rehit a unit with the 4096 emm.

crackt out,.

My screen is exactly the number, but...I've seen references to the "correct" X4 numerous times. Correct me if I'm wrong, but (in my case) if X4 had DCII lock on the W5 position on the 216 or the DMX channels, then it has to be the correct one....right?

Yes, if DMX channels 936 (vert) and 937 (horiz), have DCII lock while pointed at W5, then you have the correct X4. The tile should be beside the W5 tile and you should be able to see the song title and artist on the screen and here music. If you haven't activated/rehit your receiver from webSams today (Jan 11), I would try it again. It appears that Motorola and/or Comcast have changed something in the HITS data stream to fix the problem because I didn't have to do anything except activate/rehit my receiver this morning and if finally worked. Also if you haven't already, verify that your EMM provider is ether 0 or 4160 (Option 6-7-7-8-1 on the DSR-922). If not do an authorization reset.

Yes, if DMX channels 936 (vert) and 937 (horiz), have DCII lock while pointed at W5, then you have the correct X4. The tile should be beside the W5 tile and you should be able to see the song title and artist on the screen and here music. If you haven't activated/rehit your receiver from webSams today (Jan 11), I would try it again. It appears that Motorola and/or Comcast have changed something in the HITS data stream to fix the problem because I didn't have to do anything except activate/rehit my receiver this morning and if finally worked. Also if you haven't already, verify that your EMM provider is ether 0 or 4160 (Option 6-7-7-8-1 on the DSR-922). If not do an authorization reset.

Yep. Had those channels. Had the DCII lock. Confirmed same position as W-5. Reset to zero, (no provider) through all the alternate instructions. DCII light remains after that procedure. Unable to re-hit via Websams, and after the procedure the DMX disappears. Have tried "activate" and "rehit" for zero dollar guide sub. And, when the unit is unplugged, it loses its settings and goes right back to the old 4096 stream. This is why its now officially an oversized FTA dish mover. No biggie, I've had my use out of it. But, I HATE being outdone by a piece of electronics. We've tired many times, verified this procedure many times, consulted here many times, this unit is just a DUD for conversion, for which I don't really care at this point, as long as it moves my dish. Sad, but true. Thanks for the responses. I won't bother the assembled here any longer unless some huge revelation comes along for people in similar situations. Thanks, everyone!

I'm not converting until next month, but am avidly reading all this HUGE amt. of information.
My Early G.I. 922 has a ch. count of 4809.
I have both W5, and to the right X4. 216 is 'Style' on both of them. Matter of fact they are almost identical except there is no music on W5 and the full music with titles is in the 820 - 850 range on my X4.
When I hit the 'Sat' button on the R.C., 'AI' also appears available. But if you are on W5 and select AI, it just immediately flips to W5. Same for X4. There is no 'AI' in available sats, Opt. 644.

At present I have substantial concerns for the future conversion to the 4160 EMM in probable early February.
Given that, I went through the Skyvision alternate procedures for correcting that high channel count, as follows - C&P.

"c) Exit out to go back to channel number display. Confirm you are still on W5 satellite.
Press OPTIONS 6-4-4. Yellow highlighter should be on W5. Move it to X4 satellite
and press ENTER. Center screen should state You chose Satellite X4.
Move yellow highlighter to REMOVE SETTINGS. Press ENTER.
X4 satellite name should now be removed. Exit out of all menus.
d) Call up OPTIONS 6-4-4. Select G0 satellite from the list, and store in same position
that you are now in. Press GO BACK and ENTER to place into memory. Exit out.
Call up G0, channel 10. Press OPTIONS 5. Observe QUALITY reading at lower right.
Look at LINE 2 (Skew) and note which polarity (H or V) is in BLUE.
Drop highlighter down to this position. Move arrows left and right for best QUALITY
reading, and exit out.
e) Press OPTIONS 6-5 and observe CHANNELS number count.
Top right of screen should read G0 10. Let receiver download info for 20 minutes"

Well my issue is with GO-10.
It does not call up a digital signal as there is no 'Quality' box on the bottom right.
It has digital service on xponder 5 and several others, but not on 10.

I have a very well tuned 10' mesh that easily p/u's weak DVB 8PSK S2's.
So it not the dish/lnb/settings.

Any ideas why my GO-10 doesn't call up digital signals?
And yes, just for fun I reversed polarity and altered skew. no difference.

Any ideas appreciated.

This is about my 4DTV DSR922. Ordered Pick 10 from Programming-Center today thru Websams and it is working great. Have all my tiles and can surf all I want. Use my Phillips dvrhd to record off the 922 timers from G1-600 INSP and anything else that is in the clear. AND NOW THE REST OF THE STORY. It took some time and info from you folks, if anyone cares to read on. I only had NPS programming thru 12/29 but they started shutting me down on 12/26. Left town 12/28 and returned 1/3. Found 4DTV ONLINE site morning of 1/4 just in time to avoid the 2pm deadline. Took their advise and programmed in X4 at 11am. Turned off Allow Dish Move and parked in a safe spot. X4 tile was to the left of W5 which was still functioning with same polarity and in same position as X4. When they said it was safe to surf and use their 4 step conversion abt 5pm 1/5 I went to X4 and found everything in order 900-941 DMX,Sub screens and DCII lock light. Parked on 216 and did the 67780 then 67781 and got the "0" in EMM Provider. I had registered with Web Sams and had a User Name and Password. I activated the guide H2H-SKGuide with credit card and have been checking it out and surfing til today. EMM has been at 4160 since I activated IPG and yes I did lose NFL and GMC on GB but picked up GMC in my Pick 10 which PC calls Black Family. However, little did I know that Web Sams Had given me a Skyvision log in. I have been reading several of these chat forums from that day til today. Today I called Programming-Center, got thru in 3 rings, to order the Pick 10 since Skyvision does not offer it and their prices are higher for fixed pkgs that didnt have what I wanted. PC was very helpful and said I needed a User Name and Password from them to access their service on Web Sams. PC gave me the info and asked me if I wanted them to take the order on the phone or did I want to do it on Web Sams. I chose to do it myself. With their UN and PW I got right into WS and found that their offerings are only H2H Pick 10 etc, no SK preface. Took a bit to figure it out when I got the Pick 10 service applied. A blue dot and a green dot with a C indicating "Choose" came up when the service is highlighted. PS you make the 10 choices for each line of service, the partial for this month and the next line for the next full month. I activated service and the counter jumped 5 in abt 20 seconds. With anticipation I went to the SK IPG and selected TCM......NOTHING. Checked my other 9 picks "NOTHING". Sent an email to PC. Left for my school bus route. Got back at 530pm hoping that service would have come up, "NOTHING" and I also no longer had the IPG. Durring my earlier phone call with PC I asked them if I needed to deactivate my Skyvision IPG but was told that I did not need to. I suspected that someone had done it. The reply email from PC said they had rehit me 2 times. My trip counter was up 10 and channels at 4782 unchanged. I went to WS rehit and it jumped again but still "NOTHING". I noticed that PC had put their IPG in my account info so they must have removed Skyvisions IPG. I decided to pull the plug on the 922 for 10 seconds and let it warm up then re hit it from WS. The IPG started to populate. Took abt 30 minutes to get the IPG and "WONDER OF ALL WONDERS" there were my 10 Picks just in time to start recording 24 straight hours of Laurel and Hardy on TCM. I'm a Happy Camper, even if I dont have EMM 4096 anymore. PCs email also told me that they have worked with Moto for over 6 months and they have subscribed many other 4dtv owners successfully and maintained their ability to surf all of their satellites. PC has some very good people. Dont give up, I think any 4dtv 922 can get there successfully.

Last edited:
well bigjohn. here it goes. g0 10 is BS. i tried to tune it and it dont work like the instructions state. from your post i can tell you have an old x4 map and it needs updating. tune to w5 602. press options 6-4-4 and remove x4 from your programmed sats. sit on w5 602 for a couple minutes. do a soft reset and the dmx channels should be in the 900's. once you get to this point your ready to convert when ready. add x4 back to your programmed sats and tune to 216. auth reset with options 6-7-7-8-0 and rehit your reciever from websams or by phone. keep in mind you will lose 2 channels @ gb if you do the conversion.

crackt out,.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)