Final Conversion Instructions for all models at 4DTV Online

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My guide is working fine. Other than the usual 4dtv quirks where the receiver takes remote control commands....does nothing...so I keep pushing buttons and it buffers up all the button pushes and starts flipping through at the speed of light. It's like a mean dog that jumps on your leg...you just sit back and let it finish LOL

I'm going to contact GMC once the key dies and can't be updated and ask them if their channel is intended to be free (being somewhat of a "religious" channel) and if they say yes I'm going to ask them if they could please change it to ZK.

Question, would I be able to get GMC back if I bought a commercial receiver off ebay? Won't it get it's U/FP keys updated though the commercial stream?

I love watching Dr. Quinn, things were so much simpler in that time period.

Genna, you and Bounty ROCK! I did a rehit, then cleared password, within 10 seconds the picture came on! 67781 verified EMM is 4160. Wooo Hoooo! Thanks so much, I hope this can be passed on, as others may have the same problem.

It's amazing the little tricks we find scouring these boards, the guy who I read use the trick found it from another guy who's finger slipped and he accidentally hit the button and noticed his programming came on.. lol

Because I changed subscriptions yesterday I can confirm that after doing a "reset password" the channels I am receiving are from my old authorization NOT THE NEW ONE! The reset seems to fix the problem but it's only fixing the EMM provider after an option 67780 auth reset (DSR-922) which allows you to view your old subscription until it expires. I believe that if you had the correct IPG before, you'll have it after the reset (or at least until it expires?). I still can not rehit my receiver all I can do is watch my old channels.

They're saying both the voice and computer system may be backlogged. I think that may be the problem on my guide or hits, it does try and the EMM isnt the old one, so I'll just wait it out a bit. They may have more customers than they expected. If I may try to use the skyvision alt method and see if it makes a difference.

Numbered diagnostic steps

I though it might be useful if we had an standard way of reporting what we are seeing.
Below is a list of things you can confirm during the process. I believe they are valid for the DSR-410 and DSR-922 - maybe others.

Note: If you don't know which fields are which, search for a PDF document titled "DSR470, DSR410 & DSR305US Unit Activation Process".
It has color coded pictures of the diagnostics screens.

Before programming in X4:

1) W5-603, Confirm video (ie;color bars) and DC2 light on.
2) Option 6-5, Confirm "channels" is 4782 or less.

After programming in X4:

3) X4-936 (vert pol), Confirm audio, title & artist, DC2 light on.
4) X4-937 (horz pol), Confirm audio, title & artist, DC2 light on.

Before FIRST "auth reset":

5) Option 6-7-7-8-1, Confirm EMM provider is 4096.
6) X4-216, Confirm video or "subscription required"

After "auth reset" but before "activate/rehit":

7) X4-216, Confirm NO video (DSR-922) or searching... (DSR-410)
8) Option 6-7-7-8-1, Confirm EMM provider is 0.
9) Option 6-0-5(Diag A),
a) Confirm "EMM search" state is 2=waiting for EMM (0=idle, 1=waitingfor PID, )
b) Confirm "Provider ID" is 0
10) Option 6-5, Note/record trip counter.

After "activate/rehit":

11) X4-216, Confirm video
12) Option 6-5, Confirm trip counter increments 5 for each rehit.
13) Option 6-0-5(Diag A),
a) Confirm "EMM search state" is 0=idle (1=waitingfor PID, 2=waiting for EMM)
b) Confirm "Provider ID" is 1040=HITS SAC (1000=4DTV SAC)
c) Confirm "Channel count" mine's 141 (?????????)
d) Confirm "IPG enabled" is 1=Authorized (0=Guide info not available)
e) Confirm "VCT ID" mine's 4131 (?????????)
f) Confirm "SAC PID" 0FFB=SAC port 1 (0FFA=SAC port 0)
14) (Diag B),Confirm bottom 2 lines, mine's S/S MP/NS MP/NS MP/MS MP/MS (?????????)
15) (Daig C),Confirm line 4 middle, mine's 4224:8 1430.000 (?????????)
16) (Daig F),Confirm guide data is downloading (pressing INFO on remote will flush if necessary)

My problem is with number 12 & 16 - my trip counter never increments and my guide doesn't download.

Could people who have been suscessful with the guide report what they see for 13a-f, 14 & 15?

Below is a list of things you can confirm during the process. 13) Option 6-0-5(Diag A)
If you're getting a delayed response, imagine us all sitting here "absorbing it" :) What is (Diag A) ? is that diagram A or another secret button I don't know about? (tried options 605, got system status, not the place i could check the things in #14)

If you're getting a delayed response, imagine us all sitting here "absorbing it" :) What is (Diag A) ? is that diagram A or another secret button I don't know about? (tried options 605, got system status, not the place i could check the things in #14)

On a DSR-922 diagnostics screens are invoked by pressing OPTIONS 6-0-5 on the remote (I think its the same on a DSR-410). It comes up on Screen A and then you use the left and right arrow keys to move through the screens. If you don't know which fields are which, search for a PDF document titled "DSR470, DSR410 & DSR305US Unit Activation Process". It has color coded pictures of the diagnostics screens.

Right when SRL's phone lines finally get a break they're going to probably be on full load again when those of us (like me) are ready to switch because our keys for our old programming finally died.

It comes up on Screen A and then you use the left and right arrow keys to move through the screens.

Wow i never saw that before. I must have been hitting the buttons wrong before.. I use my remote upstairs to holler at a unit downstairs and sometimes its fickle. Thanks :)

We followed the directions, very specifically from the link and we are up and running with our sub to SRL, guide is there and awaiting the update of channels. Had to wait about 15 minutes for the re-hit to show up, but all is good

h**p://www.themusicworkshopchicago.com/4dtv/index.html

Have EMM 4061 and all our tiles

Thank you (and in no particular order) TVROPRO, DAVAGE, SKYVISION, and SRL and untold numbers of others who made this happen

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

It's amazing the little tricks we find scouring these boards, the guy who I read use the trick found it from another guy who's finger slipped and he accidentally hit the button and noticed his programming came on.. lol

I'm that guy. BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S DOING WHAT PEOPLE THINK IT IS!!! Going way out on a limb, I think it's just allowing the keys that are still in your reciever memory to work for a short time. IT'S NOT RE-WRITING YOUR RECEIVER'S MEMORY WITH NEW KEYS. The real test is can you activate/rehit your receiver afterwards? I CAN NOT, so when those keys become stale I think you'll lose your programming even though your subscription may not have expired. Since I change subscriptions packages yesterday, I can tell that the keys in my receiver are the old ones!

If there's any consolation to all this, it's that I've learned more about my receiver in the last 5 days than I did in the last 5 years. I just hope it's not all for nothing.

Mr Tasherman

I cannot speak for your system and only for ours. I just went to WEBSAMS and HIT it twice with in 1 minutes and our trip counter went up by 10

Maybe you might have some other issues going on. Might suggest youcall SRL, but we are far from experts here

hi is there any reason a person should hold off on converting or is the box no good if we don't do it ,kinda wondering what to do here thats all ....thanks

Mr Tasherman

I cannot speak for your system and only for ours. I just went to WEBSAMS and HIT it twice with in 1 minutes and our trip counter went up by 10

Maybe you might have some other issues going on. Might suggest youcall SRL, but we are far from experts here

I couldn't agree more. SRL has been very responsive, but in the end they refer you to SKYVISION for tech support and they are doing callbacks only. Their recording says it's a two hour waiting time but I've been waiting far longer than that (I'm sure their swamped). In the mean time I'm trying to solve my own problem by figuring out what is different about my system.
What receiver are you using?
Did you do the 7 step procedure or one of the alternates?
Did it work first time?
Did you have to do a password reset?
Did you do the rehits you mentioned after a password reset?

The answers to these question would help. Thanks Tim

Well, my guide still doesn't give program info after trying unplugging/replugging the DSR922 while it's sitting on X4 or a trying a rehit. Diagnostic screen A shows a 1 which means the guide is activated. Should I try the conversion process again or is there something else I can try? BTW, the EMM provider is 4160. Trip counter shows 5, 4782 channels.

Well, my guide still doesn't give program info after trying unplugging/replugging the DSR922 while it's sitting on X4 or a trying a rehit. Diagnostic screen A shows a 1 which means the guide is activated. Should I try the conversion process again or is there something else I can try? BTW, the EMM provider is 4160.

Did it work first time?

Did it work first time?

I did the alternate procedure from tvropro's website. Anyway, the guide eventually started working again but it has sats other than X4 in the guide. And they're not grouped by satellite. In other words, you'll have a string of X4 channels and then a W5 channel and then back to X4 and, I think, to C3, etc. Anyway, the guide was working OK the other morning, also, but then later it came up with "no info" for all channels. Right now, it's working OK but I won't consider it bug free for a few days.

Hi All,

After we converted with the 4 step process, the guide was up with "No info" on the channels. We were able to do re-hits, no problem and the trip counter increased. We just waited about an hour and checked the guide, has the info in it now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)