Final Conversion Instructions for all models at 4DTV Online

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did the master reset procedure on one of my 920's that I thought had been tanked as I tried a reset on G1 which turned out to be a big mistake as the needed information was already gone. Now at least I can get X4 and the programming and still have a good receiver and not a door stop.

I did the master reset procedure on one of my 920's that I thought had been tanked as I tried a reset on G1 which turned out to be a big mistake as the needed information was already gone. Now at least I can get X4 and the programming and still have a good receiver and not a door stop.

What did you do to recover from the master reset? I have a 922 that locked up after I tried the conversion process and tried a rehit through Websams. Websams reported an "Unknown Error". After I tried to recover doing a soft reset and failed, I did a master reset. Like you said - big mistake.

What did you do to recover from the master reset? I have a 922 that locked up after I tried the conversion process and tried a rehit through Websams. Websams reported an "Unknown Error". After I tried to recover doing a soft reset and failed, I did a master reset. Like you said - big mistake.

Basically I used the steps that Mike had talked about doing on Sattalk program the other night and as far I know it's not been posted yet, but you can listen to it.
Some of it is missing but just make sure your on the W5/X4 satellite and select the G4-10, here's where I unplugged my power cord and it reload the X4 satellite. At this point I would listen to the program with Mike.

Last edited:
My guide is working fine. Other than the usual 4dtv quirks where the receiver takes remote control commands....does nothing...so I keep pushing buttons and it buffers up all the button pushes and starts flipping through at the speed of light. It's like a mean dog that jumps on your leg...you just sit back and let it finish LOL
FWIW, try this, cover the forward end of the remote with your other hand when pressing the buttons. If that works then try just pointing the remote away from the 4DTV when pressing the buttons. I had the same problem. It seems if the infrared and UHF hit the unit at the same time the unit gets confused. Blocking or redirecting the IR cured the problem on my unit.

The real test is can you activate/rehit your receiver afterwards? I CAN NOT, so when those keys become stale I think you'll lose your programming even though your subscription may not have expired

like a couple others, trying the alt procedure and authorizations/rehits weren't registering, as well as losing all programming. It just allows you to view television again for the time being. It doesn't cure the initial rehit issue. I'm just going to wait a couple days and hope there's some sort of revelation to the problem, whether its our machines or their system backlogging/glitching on websams etc.

Did you do the rehits you mentioned after a password reset?

No one ever suggested the password button would do anything but permit you to have something to watch on an otherwise already stuck system that was accepting no authorizations or rehits. It did change my EMM to the new one. But as before, still can't get the regular hits. I'll try to find out what the problem is when I get in touch with them. I used tvrpro's instructions but didnt have the success the others did with websams, highlighting the service pack, clicking authorize then rehit.. nada. There's an alternate instruction set from skyvision as well here for the 920 and 922 http://www.skyvision.com/pages/Alternate_letter.pdf

Last edited:
Genna, it turns out I'm having the same issue. I thought that since I finally had EMM 4160 after the password reset, my problems were over, not the case. Hit counter only increased by 1 when I reset password, and not at all when I do a rehit. Plus, still no guide. I sure hope someone figures out why we can't do rehits. I would like to call Skyvision, but it sounds like it might be good to wait until they are not so busy.

I remember reading that if the channel count was above 5000 you may not be able to receive hits. Options 6-5 shows Trip counter 1 and Channels 4782. But, Options 67781 shows 5064 on X4, and 5030 on W5. ( I just deleted my 2 generics from sat guide.) Also, diagnostics G shows TDT of 1706. Is this right when 6-5 screen shows 1? And, could this all be related to me not being able to receive rehits? I do have EMM 4160, even after unplugging, so that's good I guess, but I also noticed I still have NFL Network, and from what I've seen posted here, I think that must mean something is wrong. Any ideas?

Genna, it turns out I'm having the same issue. I thought that since I finally had EMM 4160 after the password reset, my problems were over, not the case. Hit counter only increased by 1 when I reset password, and not at all when I do a rehit. Plus, still no guide. I sure hope someone figures out why we can't do rehits. I would like to call Skyvision, but it sounds like it might be good to wait until they are not so busy.

I'm sorry Jdg If I led you to believe it would fix our stuck systems. I was just happy after sitting trying so many rehits and fiddling around... being stuck with nothing to watch, especially when I can't get broadcast television or AM radio where I am, that something would kick it back in.
I thought your reaction was the same thing. I should probably have been careful in case someone read the post thinking I insinuated it would fix our rehit problems. But i hope someone figures out why some of us haven't had any success with any of the methods. I wonder if it was some silly setting that we all had in common, thats being overlooked. For now Im just glad Im not stuck without anything to watch/listen to but not sure how long it will last.

When the receiver goes OC it will still receive any ZK or FP digital programming just no sub stuff. I was reading these posts this morning and wonder if those having problems got the X4 tile back last month then stayed away from G1 as suggested? If X4 was coming up as the old W5 channel map numbers starting at 100 a soft boot was needed on G1 then followed by getting the X4 map again on W5. Channel count should have been 4782 if the maps were properly downloaded.

I hope that in the future and I'm pushing for this. When the multisat system begins for us that the original channel maps that were on G1 with the generics be included for us for download over on the Denver channels. We need a place to keep the hobby aspect of our receivers going to reload the real 4DTV maps in case we have to do a master reset. Even with the stock analog only tiles that you can get if you did a MR right now is IMHO BS. It don't allow us to play with ITC DC signals. I expect some good events open in the future and short of a place to get the real maps or using 4Play were screwed.

One thing the pirates could always do when they rewrote software was add extra features. If someone could rewrite the EC bin I have on my site to add a manual entry of FEC and SR then store that would work. There has been talk about making an interface device to load our own maps via the LNB input on the 4DTV. If that happened we could very easy get around any mapping issues. Motorola made a big blunder to not release the updated firmware GI was working on to allow the manual tune screen to store. It's BS that we are at there mercy for any updates. Now that the good old G1 maps are out of the picture one of two thing has to happen. Either give us a download of those maps back someplace or hack into the 4DTV and load our own maps etc. There is just too much at stake here for the hobbyist.

I'm wondering if some of the people who are having a problem weren't on the correct X4 to begin with. If the X4 tile wasn't directly next to, and on the left of, the W5 tile it wasn't the correct one. Just a thought.

Excellent point. If they tried and it was next to G4 it ain't gonna work since that was the ku map.

I was reading these posts this morning and wonder if those having problems got the X4 tile back last month then stayed away from G1 as suggested? If X4 was coming up as the old W5 channel map numbers starting at 100 a soft boot was needed on G1 then followed by getting the X4 map again on W5. Channel count should have been 4782 if the maps were properly downloaded.

I'm wondering if some of the people who are having a problem weren't on the correct X4 to begin with. If the X4 tile wasn't directly next to, and on the left of, the W5 tile it wasn't the correct one. Just a thought.

In my case, the first time I saw it suggested that you might go ahead and program in X4 before the conversion was a few (3-5) days before Jan 4. When I went to program it in, the tile was already there next to W5 on the right side. Probably because I was still visiting G1 and W5. When I programmed it in and then later went to W5 it moved to the left side of the W5 tile. I did not do a soft boot at that time. As for which one I have, options 6-5 shows 4782 channels, X4 900-941 are the DMX channels and I have audio and titles. After the "password reset" I had video on all X4 channels that were on W5 channels in my old subscription such as FMC. But channels like BBC that were on C3 in my old sub now say "subscription required" on X4. SO WHAT DOES MEAN - WHICH X4 DO I HAVE OR CAN YOU TELL?

People have used the terms soft reboot, power on/off and unplug/plug somewhat loosely such that its not always clear what they mean. Could someone clarify which is a soft boot. Also in the latest alternate procedure on SKYVISION.COM they say "hold the console power button for 3 seconds, then power back on", what does that do?

By the way things are looking up - I've gone from newbie to freshman, to regular in less than a week!!!

Last edited:
I just got a callback from Skyvision (they are working Saturday). The tech confirmed that I have the correct X4 and channel maps. He thinks my receiver won't accept hits because my old subscription package is still active in the receiver and I need the programming center to deactivate it. So it may be the case that people who stayed away from DC2 channels may have missed some sort of deactivation hit that went out just prior to the conversion. I can't deactivate it myself with webSams because the package that shows up on webSams is an X4 equivalent not the old package. I on hold with the programming center now. I'll report back I soon I know something more.

I just got a callback from Skyvision (they are working Saturday). The tech confirmed that I have the correct X4 and channel maps. He thinks my receiver won't accept hits because my old subscription package is still active in the receiver and I need the programming center to deactivate it. So it may be the case that people who stayed away from DC2 channels may have missed some sort of deactivation hit that went out just prior to the conversion. I can't deactivate it myself with webSams because the package that shows up on webSams is an X4 equivalent not the old package. I on hold with the programming center now. I'll report back I soon I know something more.

I know of two people that converted and had old subs in there receivers and everything is fine. So I think Skyvision is full of beans with that claim.

When the receiver goes OC it will still receive any ZK or FP digital programming just no sub stuff.

This is embarrassing (i promise i will take notes lol) What is OC, ZK and FP ?
I was reading these posts this morning and wonder if those having problems got the X4 tile back last month then stayed away from G1 as suggested?

Yes I did get the X4 tile programmed in prior to the 4th, but didnt linger on it or anything.. just put it in with add satellites. I didn't avoid G1 at all.. it liked to still go there to get guides
Channel count should have been 4782 if the maps were properly downloaded.

Mine was 4782, still is. The only thing that changed a bit was the EMM (to the new one after the password rehit thing) and the trip counter (1 per password rehit)
Motorola made a big blunder to not release the updated firmware GI was working on to allow the manual tune screen to store. It's BS that we are at there mercy for any updates.

When decisions are made in boardrooms, someone always pops up and says its best to maintain control. Control can mean money down the line :)
Either give us a download of those maps back someplace or hack into the 4DTV and load our own maps etc. There is just too much at stake here for the hobbyist.

In this situation i think it's justified. I didn't pay full price for my 4dtv but so many did, they weren't cheap.

I remember seeing that posted before I programmed mine in and mine was right next to w5 on the right i believe

I know of two people that converted and had old subs in there receivers and everything is fine. So I think Skyvision is full of beans with that claim.

Tasherman said because the subs were listed as H2 or SK or whatever the new X4 subs are called. Mine are H2H as well. Were the other guys who had problems subs listed as the new form in websams or the old ones still ?

I just got off the phone with the programming center, and that's what he said (although he didn't actually try to disable my old package). He said they have verified several other cases like mine where the receiver has the correct channel maps and still won't take rehits. They gave Motorola one of the receivers and they determined what the problem was with that unit. Weather that's the problem with them all and there's a fix is still TBD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)