Final Conversion Instructions for all models at 4DTV Online

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes you have to enter your card number to add the guide, it won't touch it though, it's worked for me with a old invalid card as long as it's not expired. Even a number from here will probably work. Generate a Random Name - Fake Name Generator

Sounds like H2H_GUIDE is the correct one. But I'm not totally sure yet, as those without the guide sound like they don't even have a guide subscription on their account. You still have to subscribe to the guide my friends, that never changed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sound like H2H_GUIDE is the correct one. But I'm not totally sure yet, as those without the guide sound like they don't even have a guide subscription on their account. You still have to subscribe to the guide my friends, that never changed. :rolleyes:

I subscribed to it when I subbed to SyFy. But, the guide still is not working properly but I do have SyFy with no problem.

Guide or TV Guide CHANNEL!

LOL. That would have been a thought if it was up there on W5 but it's not.

However if you want the TV Guide channel use tile CE on satellite G1 and go to channel 202 and let it sit for about 15 minutes.

4tvmhg.jpg

There is no guide on it scrolling at the bottom though, that's inserted by a box at the cable companies.

Yes you have to enter your card number to add the guide, it won't touch it though, it's worked for me with a old invalid card as long as it's not expired. Even a number from here will probably work. Generate a Random Name - Fake Name Generator

You were right, I entered an old expired card number and just put in a future date for the expiration. It didn't actually use the info and gave me the package.

However, I still can't get the guide. When I select H2H_GUIDE and push activate, it says "activate set for unit...". Then when I push rehit it says "rehit set for unit...". But my trip counter never increments and diagnostics F does not show any download activity?

There is still something preventing me from getting rehit? I know the receiver number in the webSams database is correct because the "password reset" button resets the password on my receiver.

You were right, I entered an old expired card number and just put in a future date for the expiration. It didn't actually use the info and gave me the package.

However, I still can't get the guide. When I select H2H_GUIDE and push activate, it says "activate set for unit...". Then when I push rehit it says "rehit set for unit...". But my trip counter never increments and diagnostics F does not show any download activity?

There is still something preventing me from getting rehit? I know the receiver number in the webSams database is correct because the "password reset" button resets the password on my receiver.

there is another guide package. i think its h2h_tvguide. it is also free and i hit my recievers for both packages. i also unplugged the reciever and let it warm up on x4 216. it took about 15 minutes for the guide to populate.

crackt out,.

I'm still not able to rehit my 922 after doing the 4 steps. I've had X4 in for some time, so I went to 216 (with picture), did the 67780, got EMM 0, went to WEBSAMS, highlighted my package, activated service, did rehit right away, and nothing. I even tried deactivating service, then activating service, then a rehit. I also called SRL, and they had me add X4, but they thought I had done the 7 steps, but I said I had done the 4. They manually tried a rehit, but same result. EMM still shows 0. I unplugged Moto 922, then let warm up, had channels back on EMM 4096, did 67780 again, did a few rehits, but nothing. I've seen a few other people with this problem, but haven't seen much explained as to why this is happening, or any ideas how to solve it. Some people are able to go through the steps easily, but there has to be a reason why some are still having this same problem that many more were having at first. How could some people who had this same problem early on, have success all of a sudden? What changed, and why didn't my 922 respond the same way? I had let the old guide expire with NPS in early December, and never had SRL reactivate it last year. I did just recently add it to my packages in WEBSAMS though, and tried a rehit, but same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm still not able to rehit my 922 after doing the 4 steps. I've had X4 in for some time, so I went to 216 (with picture), did the 67780, got EMM 0, went to WEBSAMS, highlighted my package, activated service, did rehit right away, and nothing. I even tried deactivating service, then activating service, then a rehit. I also called SRL, and they had me add X4, but they thought I had done the 7 steps, but I said I had done the 4. They manually tried a rehit, but same result. EMM still shows 0. I unplugged Moto 922, then let warm up, had channels back on EMM 4096, did 67780 again, did a few rehits, but nothing. I've seen a few other people with this problem, but haven't seen much explained as to why this is happening, or any ideas how to solve it. Some people are able to go through the steps easily, but there has to be a reason why some are still having this same problem that many more were having at first. How could some people who had this same problem early on, have success all of a sudden? What changed, and why didn't my 922 respond the same way? I had let the old guide expire with NPS in early December, and never had SRL reactivate it last year. I did just recently add it to my packages in WEBSAMS though, and tried a rehit, but same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well, I've read a whole lot on 4 different forums and here is my speculation to add to the fire!!

1. As many of you know, the Early G.I. branded 922's have acted differently with regard to some procedures than later ones. Maybe that's part of the issue.

2. And I've read much talk about which X4 did you have? the 820 music or the 900 music prior to the conversion. And how to change one to the other.....

3. And which channel you are on when you perform the Auth. Reset, the W5-216 or the X4-216.
My unconverted Early G.I. 922 with the X4 that has music in the 820 - 856 and calls Virtual Channel Table Reference 4100 while on W5-216, and while on X4-216 also calls Virtual Channel Table Reference 4100. So I don't see how that can make any difference as many have stated.

As I have said in a different thread, we really need an online database established with all of the different variables [model - 905/920/922/921; production date; type conversion - no-brick or brick; state of programming [active or not] and guide; which X4 did you have? the 820 music or the 900 music; did you have AI listed when you hit RC 'Sat' button; and many more factors] in order to have any chance to 'root cause' this issue.

This is the way I would approach it. My last career was in Quality Eng. and this is what we would do, gather as much data regarding an issue as possible, and then look for any trends. Usually something stands out like unit was mfg. on a Friday or Monday, it had different firmware, was blue, or many other trend possibilities.

Lastly, I have taken note of some military camps forming with opinions being expressed rather strongly.
We need some form of science as I have suggested - not warring factions.

I'm still not able to rehit my 922 after doing the 4 steps.

Did you try Bounty's suggestion of hitting "reset password" on websams? that worked for me, I had been trying to activate/rehit using alt method since last night unsuccessfully but I was using W5 216 (style) not sure if that matters. I was unable to rehit or activate either. When I hit reset password, the programming suddenly came on and on checking the EMM (opt 67781) provider was no longer 0 but 4160 I just had a thought. Can you imagine how we all would have dealt with this if we didn't have web forums ?

Last edited:
This is the first chat I have ever been in. I followed 4DTV on line advise and my 922 is working great. Have all the channels and guide with DMX all working. With my 56k modem it has taken me an hour to get into this chat. I dont know the difference between a thread a reply an attachment etc. But, the input I am looking for is about transponder 215 TVLAND not being present. I am self taught and self installed on all my satellite equip for the last 20 years, no-one has ever serviced it but me (I'm 71). I just wanted to get into a chat where I could see what was being said about the conversion. But, I haven't figured out how to read anything yet. Got to you by accident.

This is the first chat I have ever been in. I followed 4DTV on line advise and my 922 is working great. Have all the channels and guide with DMX all working. With my 56k modem it has taken me an hour to get into this chat. I dont know the difference between a thread a reply an attachment etc. But, the input I am looking for is about transponder 215 TVLAND not being present. I am self taught and self installed on all my satellite equip for the last 20 years, no-one has ever serviced it but me (I'm 71). I just wanted to get into a chat where I could see what was being said about the conversion. But, I haven't figured out how to read anything yet. Got to you by accident.
Consider it a happy accident!

Welcome to satelliteguys.us!:)

Important to Consider before Converting...

I believe it is significant to note for those about to use the "No brick 4-step" conversion that this will *ZAP* ALL subscription authorizations from the old provider(EMM 4096). How/why some channels are still authorized/ITC for some users and not others is not the relevant point. For example, if you still have GB-410(NFL) or C3-605(TLC) authorized (for whatever reason): THEY WILL BE LOST.

These remaining authorizations will probably disappear in the near future. But until then, I will not convert my unit because TLC is no longer available to us (at any price) and it is my GF's favorite channel. :)

Walker, in Virginia

Yes if you do the conversion you will loose the 4096 Category Key that will expire by the last week in January if they follow as in the past. There will be no way to revive NFL NET since it is "U" Universal also GMC will be lost both on GB. If you have past services they will operate till OC either by Motorola changing the key at months end or the programmer pulling it early like Starz did on G1 and G5. It's a catch 22 what people want to do. We are looking forward to provide the Discovery core channels such a s TLC, Discovery and Animal planet in the future on the H2H service.

Genna, you and Bounty ROCK! I did a rehit, then cleared password, within 10 seconds the picture came on! 67781 verified EMM is 4160. Wooo Hoooo! Thanks so much, I hope this can be passed on, as others may have the same problem.

Last edited:
I have never watched GB-410 and never subscribed to it but I received it in the clear. It was there yesterday after I signed up for the guide (no cost). Cked it just now and NFL is gone. However, we can watch GB-752 (better get use to it we may have to speak it at some point in the future). I agree with you, I will surf for a while before subscribing to any program services.

I programmed X4 in 11am 1-4, then disabled dish movement and parked on K1-23. Turned off and didnt turn back on until 5pm 1-5 when 4DTV ONLINE said it was clear to surf. When I did their 4 step proceedure and tried to authorize I discovered, by chance, that my X4 polarity was reversed. I set it to the same as W5 and there it was. I was able to order the guide only and have been waiting to see what happens next before ordering programming. I still have W5 there and receive test pattern on 603 and SALSA not subscribed on 640 so both X4 and W5 are on same polarity and same position sending C-Band signal seperately.

Not sure about 215. If you have W5 go to 602 and watch Tv Land there.

Did you try Bounty's suggestion of hitting "reset password" on websams? that worked for me, I had been trying to activate/rehit using alt method since last night unsuccessfully but I was using W5 216 (style) not sure if that matters. I was unable to rehit or activate either. When I hit reset password, the programming suddenly came on and on checking the EMM (opt 67781) provider was no longer 0 but 4160 I just had a thought. Can you imagine how we all would have dealt with this if we didn't have web forums ?

I did a "reset password" yesterday and had the same result you report. But I still can't get the IPG, and I can't rehit my receiver. The trip counter won't increment. The programming center also tried to hit it with the same result. They said to call skyvision support. Skyvision is only doing callbacks however they have a revised 6-step alterante procedure updated yesterday with some variations depending on what you've done. I followed it for my situation and lost video and could not rehit. Did the "reset password" and video returns, EMM correct as before. I considering following the whole 6 step procedure however the 2nd step says "Hold console power button in for 3 seconds and release. Power back on...". Does anyone know what that does?

More info about password reset

Because I changed subscriptions yesterday I can confirm that after doing a "reset password" the channels I am receiving are from my old authorization NOT THE NEW ONE! The reset seems to fix the problem but it's only fixing the EMM provider after an option 67780 auth reset (DSR-922) which allows you to view your old subscription until it expires. I believe that if you had the correct IPG before, you'll have it after the reset (or at least until it expires?). I still can not rehit my receiver all I can do is watch my old channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)