Final Conversion Instructions for all models at 4DTV Online

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm having same problem. I've repeated the final 4 step procedure several times including unplugging. I get most but not all of my subscription channels BUT NO GUIDE!!!
Option 67781 on my DSR-922 shows EMM 4160 as it should and it retains it after unplugging.

Did you check your guide bit in Diagnostics to be sure it's enabled?

Hi All and I have a question for Tvropro.

I have X4 on my list and I don't have W5 on the list. I don't have Channel 216 (STYLE) on X4. I have just three channels and they are 255, 400, and 643. What do I do?

Thanks.

Hi All and I have a question for Tvropro.

I have X4 on my list and I don't have W5 on the list. I don't have Channel 216 (STYLE) on X4. I have just three channels and they are 255, 400, and 643. What do I do?

Thanks.

Motorola tried to cut corners and re-used the X4 satellite tile. X4 years ago used to be a Ku-Band tile, but now they're using X4 as C-Band.

I'm wondering if you've in fact got the C-Band version or not. You might have the Ku version.

Here's something that might be worth trying.

If you use Option 6-4-4, do you see a CF satellite? That's one of the generic ones. Program the CF satellite in the position where you think W5 should be. Tune to channel 107 on the CF tile. That is the same as channel 216 on X4. Leave it tuned to channel 107 on CF for a while and see if your receiver will download the new X4 tile from the stream. Try the X4 tile again in about 10 to 15 mins.

Ok I figured out how to bring up diagnostic F. It's mostly 0s. Which field is the guide bit? And how do I enable it?
Also I still have "allow dish moving" set to "no" does that matter?

fa9ztf.jpg

It's on Diag A not Diag F.

You enable it by getting a guide hit from SRL/Skyvision.

It's on Diag A not Diag F. You enable it by getting a guide hit from SRL/Skyvision.

Ok, it's a 1. So that not it. Why does my reveiver still think the guide is on G1?

I have a old guide to troubleshooting the IPG that I downloaded years ago from my4dtv.tripod.com.

It says Diagnostics B bottom 2 lines will include S/S if you'r authorized and MP/NS if you'r not. Mine has both?
It says Diagnostics C line 4 middle should read 1:50 1270.000 - mine reads 4224:8 1430.00?

But that info assumed the guide was on G0-9. Do you know what these should read for X4 or could you give me a screen snap of what yours look like?

The new guide was bad last night, then was OK this morning around 0615 but now I'm getting "NO INFO" for guide info. Must be a bug in the new IPG.

From a document titled: "DSR470, DSR410 & DSR305US - Unit Activation Process"
in the section titled: "DSR470 IPG & QAM system troubleshooting"

Press Options, 6-0-5 and use the ? ? arrow buttons to navigate to Diagnostics F.
Press ? so the only letter on the top line, reads: n or r, (not d).
n=digital/national channel guide data; r=analog/regional channel guide data

Most of the info in this documents matches what I see on my DSR-922 except this step. My DSR-922 Diagnostic F reads d. Would this info also apply to the 922? What does d mean? Could this be the source of my problem?

I just tried to add H2H_GUIDE but it wouldn't let me. It could be because I didn't give it any credit card info, although when I check the "agree to terms" box it enabled the add button. It could also be that when I changed packages by phone today my old package has disappeared from webSams but my new package has not appeared yet and you can only add the guide if you already have a subscription. I would bet your right this is the key to getting the guide.

I just tried to add H2H_GUIDE but it wouldn't let me. It could be because I didn't give it any credit card info, although when I check the "agree to terms" box it enabled the add button. It could also be that when I changed packages by phone today my old package has disappeared from webSams but my new package has not appeared yet and you can only add the guide if you already have a subscription. I would bet your right this is the key to getting the guide.

No you can add the guide without subscription and you have to enter your credit card although the cost is $0.00Candid

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)