Finally got a motor!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
So I finally got a motor, those single digit temperature days are awful, so I broke down. I am going to have to retrofit my Winegard dish to work with it using the PVC method. Hopefully with my experience I can get it setup tomorrow after work. We will be in the 20's this weekend, so I may not.

I also got a Traxis 3500 to drive the motor and scan, so look out feeds.

I have to say, I was a bit worried when I ordered from Ivystoneplace.com, but they shipped very quickly. I would recommend.

go - motor !

I bought a bunch of cheap Universal LNBs from 'em last year.
Everything worked out fine.

Is that the 2-button model, or the 1-button with a little hole where you stick a paperclip for reset?
They are a DMSI reseller, so I'll assume the 2-button motor.

Now, I guess you'll put to work all the knowledge from the many install threads here on the forum.
If you've done your homework, your biggest problem should be the weather. :rolleyes:

Track down my buddy Toby, at the University, and give him a front-row seat of FTA.
Maybe we can get a new convert! - :up

Thanks guys. I now have the mount on the dish turned upside down, I have the PVC and I will also drill a hole through both the dish mount and the motor pole just to make sure there is no movement. I am going to attempt it right after work before my son has basketball practice.

Thanks guys. I now have the mount on the dish turned upside down, I have the PVC and I will also drill a hole through both the dish mount and the motor pole just to make sure there is no movement. I am going to attempt it right after work before my son has basketball practice.

Congrats, would like to see pics when you're done

Well, it is not pretty, but it's up. And I got it up in the dark. And it moved. I think my pole is a little short(no jokes please) and I think I might hit a railroad tie if I to over to G10R.

I will post picture tomorrow....

So here is the picture.

BUT, I need help. I have the Traxis 3500 but I do not know how to get USALS working. Anyone have suggestions?? I put in the lat and longitude and I am on 97 which is my true south, but I don't know what to put on the limit part.

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 185
So here is the picture.

BUT, I need help. I have the Traxis 3500 but I do not know how to get USALS working. Anyone have suggestions?? I put in the lat and longitude and I am on 97 which is my true south, but I don't know what to put on the limit part.

My first thought was "boy he's got that awfully low to the ground" I have a C band dish 10 footer. I dont use USALS. On that my limits are set according to how far east or west I can basically see. I have the east at 72. I haven't tried to look any further east. The west is at 137. I'm guessing this is what you are setting but, not sure. I don't have the Traxxis either. You might want to move the dish manually and make sure you can see all sats that you want. It could be a situation where you will want to "get your pole up":D

It is low, and I think I am slowly getting it figured out. I am moving and scanning most satellites, but SBS6 still eludes me.

Dumb me, I didn't have the elevation on the motor set. I just put the dish on it, adjusted until I got signal and forgot about motor elevation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts