finally got my 6 ft dish setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is what I did.I turned to my south satellite.I then adjusted my elevation with that long bolt to around 45 I then turned the whole thing easy and west.never got signal.I never touch that bottom bolt and nut.. I guess I'm confused.I need a step by step book lol

The smaller threaded rod on the south side of the pole is the declination. The longer threaded rod on the north side is the elevation. Not sure what the setting is now on your declination but try tracking the arc. If it tracks good then don't adjust it.

Here is what I did.I turned to my south satellite.I then adjusted my elevation with that long bolt to around 45 I then turned the whole thing easy and west.never got signal.I never touch that bottom bolt and nut.. I guess I'm confused.I need a step by step book lol
When I use to install the pole mounted systems, I would start by setting the elevation to what I knew was close. Here is it 45 degrees. The I would swing the dish to the west looking just above the horizon. Then I would turn it on the pole til I hit a signal, lock it on the pole and swing it up as to where it was looking south and then adjust the elevation til I hit a signal up there. Then back west and peak it there then back up and peak it and keep doing that until it tracked. Just remember to only adjust the elevation with the dish swung up on a south bird like say about 83-87w and only adjust the azimuth with the dish swung down to say 135w and turning it on the pole.

Maybe I'm not setting my inclimeter in the right spot.starting over again.here is my settings so maybe you guys can tell me what to put where. Zip Code: 27976
Latitude: 36.5°N
Longitude: 76.3°W
State: North Carolina
City: South Mills
Magnetic Declination: 11.5°W
Says my true south sat is 76.8 but I've been trying to use 72.sorry I'm not getting it guys I know your all trying to help.once I get even one signal Im sure ill be good

The number I get for my elevation is 47.7 at my true south sat in the list which is 76.8. Is there anything else I need to set.maybe I'm not setting my inclimeter on the right spot.I'm gonna be working on it tommorow.do i set the bottom nut the same and then minus the declination from it.I've read so much I think I'm confusing myself.lol.I'm gonna read that billyboy

I don't want to distract you from your angle finding, but in the first set of pictures I noticed that your jack (motor) was fully retracted and pushed out too far to get a good arc. You want the jack to be out about half way when pointing at your true south. That way you'll have enough extension and contraction to move equal distances on either side of you southern sat.

I know I don't have my gbox yet I was just wanting to get it setup when my box hopefully gets here this week.

Using your info that you posted above, I punched in the lat and long for your location and aiming at 72W, (which should be fine); I get the following data:

AZM=172.8
AZM Mag=182.2
ELEV=47.41
SKEW/Polarizn=-5.79
POLAR MOUNT MAIN AXIS ANGLE=37.18
POLAR MOUNT DISH OFFSET TILT=5.15

Take your time (like you're already doing). You're doing pretty good just putting the dish together right for a first time! I also suggest you add several washers at the dish arm connection so that the actuator is as straight and bind free as possible. Once you lock a satellite you'll be turning that dish!

I can't look at the pic and tell where to put my inclimeter.so my long threaded rod needs to be set to what and my short bottom nut needs to set at what and where on my dish do I find the angles.the documents are confusing me lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts